A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_vote_lcap63%[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_vote_lcap38%[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant Empty [Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant

Post by cellrawr on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Story:

In times when the pure numbers of the Tyranid swarm are not sufficient or able to break the opposition the swarm faces, the Hive Mind creates from its gestalt intelligence the Hive Tyrant known as the Swarmlord. If the Hive Mind is considered to be the brain behind the swarm, the Swarmlord is the right hand that carries out its horrifying will. With four lethal bone sabres, a frightening effective intelligence, and the full potential of the swarm behind it, the Swarmlord not only can out-think the enemy, but also can devastate it in close combat. Even the tactical prowess of the Ultramarines, the Emperor's finest, fell lacking on several occasions due to the ingenuity and exactness the Swarmlord exhibited.

Stats-
Strength: 25 + 2.6 <--
Agility: 15 + 1.6
Intelligence: 21 + 1.9

model

Range: Melee
Movespeed: 305

[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant Icons_5871_btn
(Innate) Old Adversary:
"The Hive Tyrant has a great knowledge of the enemy, having faced similar foes across numerous worlds. If one is slain the Hive Mind can simply grow a replacement, implanting it with the experiences, knowledge, and character of its past predecessors."
When the Hive Tyrant is slain, it gains 2/3/4/5/6/7 strength, 1/2/3/4/5/6 intelligence, and .5/1/1.5/2/2.5/3 armor.
When attacking it's killer, it does 25% more damage with all attacks. If the Hive Tyrant gets the killing blow, it gains 50% extra gold from the hero kill.
Stat gains through death have a 2 minute cooldown. Cooldown starts upon revival.

[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant Icons_10924_btn
Bone Sabres:
"The Swarmlord wields four serrated blades made of crystals not of this galaxy. They are able to cut through adamantite armour and even force fields with ease. The Swarmlord is able to parry with his blades at such speeds foes find it impossible to land their blows."
The Swarmlord has a 20%/30%/40%/50% chance to counter at melee range, dealing base damage +.5xAgi, and a 15%/20%/25%/30% chance to parry ranged attacks.
Can be activated to deal 100/150/200/250 + .6xStr damage to nearby enemies
[note: the passive effects each have a 2s cooldown]
Aoe: 300, Manacost:120/140/160/180, Cooldown: 22seconds.

[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant Icons_11913_btn
Paroxysm:
"The Swarmlord debilitates its enemies by triggering every nerve and pain receptor in their bodies, overwhelming their senses with wracking fits of agony."
SLows the target by 5%/6%/7%/8% every second for 5 seconds.
The target gains ms and ias back at the same values over 5 seconds after.
Range: 550, Manacost: 100/120/140/160, Cooldown: 25 seconds.
note: at 5 seconds, slow will be 25/30/35/40%

[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant Icons_9247_btn
Leech Essence:
"The Swarmlord rips the life force from its enemy, feeding upon it to reinvigorate and regenerate its own flesh."
The Swarmlord deals 120/140/160/180 + 1.2xInt damage to the target
The Swarmlord regenerates the same ammout of hp over 10 seconds.
Range: 350, Manacost: 100/160/210/250 mana. Cooldown: 24/22/20/18 seconds

[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant Icons_4602_btn
(Ultimate) Impending Doom:
"The psychic presence of the Hive Mind radiates from the Swarmlord, flooding the minds of the enemy with an unfathomable sentience so alien that they quail against it and panic."
If an enemy attacks within 400/500/600 range of the Swarmlord, there is a 15/25/35% chance that it will be rooted to the ground in fear for 1/1.5/2 seconds
If an enemy casts a spell within 400/500/600 range of the Swarmlord, there is a 15/30/45% chance that the caster will be mana burned for 1.5/2/2.5x the spells manacost; damage dealt is 30/40/50% of mana lost this way.
Each seperate affect can not trigger on a single unit more than once every 5 seconds, or once every 10 seconds for heroes.

[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant Icons_5871_btn
[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant Icons_10924_btn [Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant Icons_11913_btn[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant Icons_9247_btn[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant Icons_4602_btn
old adversary
bone sabres - pyroxism - leech essence - impending doom

Last edited by cellrawr on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 25 times in total

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

[Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant Empty Re: [Tyranid] Swarmlord - Hive Tyrant

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 pm

conceptual problem: the swarmlord doesnt have scything talons does it?
expect for the concept problem, i like the effect on them, but 5 seconds is way to long for a drag... even if the tyrant cant attack and the target isnt disabled.
i would just rename the talons to something else that would work. like flesh hooks or something? i dunno.

old enemies i like, but make it do something other than reward his death with stats... perhaps mark your killer, and you gain combat buffs with it, and gain more gold if you kill it? or something. in addition to +stats.

hmm, bonsword, im not quite ok with... i dont like the straight +damage... not to mention that its... alot of +dmg.
perhaps instead of the +damage, make it a stacking dot on the target that matches the +regen on the tyrant?

bonded works good with the talons... but dont give him armor from it, cause his innate alrady does that.
oh, is it for every 200 distance traveled, any unit takes damage, or every unit takes damage. any seems to say only one unit of all nearby takes damage

ult:
the slow is too long, the manacosts are too high, and the cd is too long...
so its a charge... with a (channeled) aoe slow/dot at the end? am i getting this right?
can he use this while holding someone with talons?

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Nom nom nom nom, you should do the swarmlord.

As for my initial concerns, he is a potent Psyker. Give him something interesting.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:24 pm

The charge is channeled, and does an aoe slow. The damage I left out a part of it on accident. Its not a dot, its pretty much multiple thunderclaps, but if you could replace the animation with slashes that would be great.

I imagined the talons not as a channeled hold, but more of a "your stuck to me now" kinda thing. When the Tyrant turns, the held enemy would turn to stay in front of the tyrant.

The knockback from the charge would be minor (just enough to get them out of the way), but would happen as long as they are in contact with him. So if the talons ended during the charge, he would be getting knocked back, but still be in front of him so hes ending up towards the aoe. The charge could end the hold and drop him when it starts if you want so they can have a chance to move out of the way.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:26 pm

im not sure about hive mind, cause itll suck pretty badly late game

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Well, like I said in chat, the heroes can get swarmed pretty badly at end game creep numbers.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Updated

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:36 am

Little changes I would make.

(Innate) Old Adversary:
The Hive Tyrant has a great knowledge of the enemy, having faced similar foes across numerous worlds. If one is slain the Hive Mind can simply grow a replacement, implanting it with the experiences, knowledge, and character of its past predecessors. When the Hive Tyrant is slain, upon revival it gains 2/3/4/5/6/7 strength, 1/2/3/4/5/6 intelligence, and 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3 armor. When attacking the hero that had killed it last, it does 25% more damage with all attacks. If the Hive Tyrant gets the killing blow on said hero, it gains 50% extra gold from the hero kill and gains no more bonus damage until it has died again.

Bone Sabres:
The Swarmlord wields four serrated blades made of crystals not of this galaxy. They are able to cut through adamantite armour and even force fields with ease. The Swarmlord is able to parry with his blades at such speeds foes find it impossible to land their blows. Passive: The Swarmlord has a 20%/30%/40%/50% chance to perform a counterattack against melee attacks, and a 15%/20%/25%/30% chance to parry ranged attacks. Counterattack deals his current melee attack damage + (str x .5) in damage. Active: The Swarmlord slashes all around him, dealing damage to all enemies within 300 range. Deals 100/150/200/250 + ((str+int) * 0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6) in damage. The damage this skill does is the the mana cost of the skill. 30/26/21/17 second cd.

Paroxysm:
The Swarmlord debilitates its enemies by triggering every nerve and pain receptor in their bodies, overwhelming their senses with wracking fits of agony. Casts a debuff that makes the enemy lose 1%/2%/3%/4% ms and as every second for 10 seconds. Costs 100/120/140/160 mana. 40 second cd.

Leech Essence:
The Swarmlord rips the life force from its enemy, feeding upon it to reinvigorate and regenerate its own flesh. The Swarmlord deals 120/140/160/180 + (int x 0.8/1.2/1.6/2.0) damage to the enemy and heals for 60/70/80/90% damage dealt over 10 seconds. Costs 100/160/210/250 mana. 30/25/20/18 second cd.

(Ultimate) Impending Doom:
The psychic presence of the Hive Mind radiates from the Swarmlord, flooding the minds of the enemy with an unfathomable sentience so alien that they quail against it and panic. When an enemy regular attack occurs within 400/500/600 distance of the Swarmlord the attacker has a 15%/25%/35% to panic in fear, being rooted in place for 0.5/1/2 seconds. When an enemy spell cast occurs within 800/900/1000 distance of the Swarmlord, the caster has a 15%/30%/45% chance to lose (spell's mana cost x 2/3/4) mana instead of its original cost and takes 25/35/50% of that cost in damage.
Spell caster part has a 10 second internal cd, while Attack part has a 5 second cooldown on creeps and a 10 second cooldown on Heroes. The amount of units Doom can affect simultaneously is no greater than 4/5/6% of the intelligence of the Swarmlord.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:58 am

Hm, I think for the ult the fear root could do less mana degen against agi or str chars? Cause there are some spells that take alot of mana... Having that x4 would seriously mess some heroes up. This makes Swarmlord a hit against dps or tanks. Now with the innate, what happens if your killed by a creep/tower? You do get the stats just you dont get the bonus damage and gold yes? Innate (should) have a cd, and reality wise, how can he parry ranged attacks?

Now with the stats, I can see a more powerfull fex being created here, to make him less carry-full, take out some int stats, and reduce the mana cost, or take out some str, and increase int and manacost, cause four actives... Yeah you get my point, cause this hero type would wreck anti-casters like GM. That brings up something, even if you get bashed in a gank, you would probably survive. Theres something about this hero that screams anti-everything-bitchaz, skills work well they just need to be toned down O_o

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:17 am

My changes or his build? xD

And the Swarmlord is meant to be intentionally awesome. So I'm glad it came off that way.

Otherwise I see your points, which are valid.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:00 am

@Gly <_< I thought it would be common sense to people that the list would clear once he has killed his killer, or a newer one came up.

@Blood With his innate, I'm quite sure if I should make it where he only gets half of the stats from getting killed by creeps with none of the other things happening (the hero part staying). Or make it where only hero kills trigger the innate. If its the first one I would give it something like a 5 minute cd so they can't just run at the huge forest creeps, but by the time they would normally get back into regular fighting in a lane the cd would probably be done so it wouldn't really matter for that. If the second one, I wouldn't advise a cd because the enemy hero is getting gold and levels every time he kills you so it would be a more fair tradeoff. Plus if your that stupid to get yourself killed in that short amount of time to make it op, its already a base battle or your feeding and should just go away.

As for his stats, <_< Tyrant's are supposed to be stronger than carnifex's arent they? And a lot smarter. And I already suggested giving my previous builds ult (this is a remake) to the carnifex cause it fit him better. SO BLAME GRASS AND GLY FOR MAKING ME MAKE SWARMLORD INSTEAD OF JUST BEING HAPPY WITH MY CARNI-TYRANT.

And for the parry thing, think Jedi (Thats the only thing I can think of right now, but I do know its happened in other things I just can't remember the names.) As for the reality thing, explain orcs to me to make them more realistic.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:37 pm

I love how Cell paints us as the bad guys when he really did like it. xD

Although I see him getting obscenely powerful in base battles where he dies a lot and gains lots of armor. xD
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:34 pm

<.<

Ahriman says hi about getting powerful at base battles, also.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:00 pm

Ahriman makes me laugh. That's all that needs to be said. Hehe.

But in all due seriousness, Swarmlord rapes every single hero in the game, with the exception of Pathfinder, who will be changed, and Vindi, who got a massive nerf.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:50 pm

why will path be changed? Razz

stats:
lower starting str a ton, and increase starting agi, and possible lower str gain and increase agi gain.
tyrants are supposed to be faster than fexes right?
and the way of making the gain 10% of the starting stats... while i wont stop you.. its just... lame in my eyes Razz

innate should trigger fully vs creeps and towers (the stats/armor is learning from mistakes isnt it? getting killed by creeps is a mistake imo) and the 'prefered enemy' should still work on creeps (altho its not likely to surive long enough for you to kill it >.>) but not on towers (cause 25% damage boost vs towers is imba >.>)
cause suiciding yourself into neutrals or enemy creeps is.... just stupid.

for bonsaberes, i sugest makign the counter attack stat agi (cause... agile, counter attacking.... makes sense)
and the aoe damage str, or str+agi (it makes no sense for a physical aoe attack to be based on int)

his two single targets are good

as is the ult, cept the %'s are a little high and the duration a little long... but it does have a cooldown so should be fine.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:06 pm

<.< Get off ma back on the 10%, it's my first hero.

And whos build are you basing your suggestions off of, mine or gly's?

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:13 pm

ummm
kinda both, as they are the same Razz except for some numbers

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:26 pm

moved to dev.

lower the int and int gain a bit

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:50 pm

moving to Complete on Cell's request
adding poll

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:45 am

Innate, bone sabres, and paroxysm updated.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:12 pm

im confused about the innate's limits
the cooldown on the parry/counter attack could be less
and i like paroxysm

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Gly suggested the limits.
The cd is just on the ranged attack parry, not the counter attack.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:19 pm

i think the counter should also have a cooldown Razz

but what does gly mean about the limits then

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:26 pm

<_< I don't, cause I wanna see someone like harle have a danger at coming at him with her fast attack speed seeing as she can evade a lot of them probably.

And it was prob my weird wording. I'm guessing gly just doesn't want it to get anywhere crazy like Ahriman, even though I don't see the point.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:28 pm

so, your perposfully punishing melee heroes? Razz
it just makes sense to have a cooldown for both, but they dont have to share the same cd tho.

and what do u mean by limits? XD i still dont get what they even are

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next