A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_vote_lcap63%[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_vote_lcap38%[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex

+2
Grass Hopper
cellrawr
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex Empty [COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex

Post by cellrawr Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:00 pm

EDIT: trying this again. Big Change

Story:
The Carnifex known as Old One Eye is a living engine of destruction. When Hive Fleet Behemoth descended upon the cavern world of Calth, Old One Eye spearheaded the Tyranid assault. Stampeding through the defenders, it swatted aside Imperial Guardsmen and Leman Russ Battle Tanks as if the were naught but bothersome insects. Only the most powerful of weaponry slowed the beast down, and to this day, its body bears the scars of many blows that should, by all rights, have killed it. Foremost amongst these is a plasma burn running across is armored skull, a testament to a long-forgotten hero of the Imperium who fired a plasma pistol through the beast's eye into its brain. It was this very shot that brought the Carnifex's rampage to a dramatic halt, the firs time such a feat has ever occurred.

Stats: same

innate: Living Battering Ram
"Carnifexes are most often used in the demolition of fortifications and obsticles to a Tyranid's invasion. They rampage through trees, tanks, walls, and men alike - leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. The momentum of a speeding Carnifex is nigh unstopable. It is a foolish foe indeed that lingers in the beast's path."
Charges the target point, gaining 25% ms. Any units that come too close will be knocked aside, take damage equal to the Carnifex's strength, become slowed by 10%, and give the carnifex +2/3/4/5/6/7 damage and ias for 10 seconds.
Destroys trees and removes collision while charging.
Range: 1000, Aoe: 200, Manacost: 75, cooldown: 13/12/12/11/11/10

one: Alpha Leader
"fluff"
All nearby creeps attack the target.
Passivly causes nearby allies to have the Carnifex's movement speed or agility values if theirs are lower.
Creeps gain .25xagility in attackspeed.
note: creep ias gain is just numbers, can be changed easily.

two: Acid Blood
same

three: Regeneration
"fluff"
current regen stuff
For every 1000 hp regenerated from this skill, the Carnifex gains 1 strength.
note: the regen/str thing is completly random numbers. they will most likely be changed

ult: Berzerk Rampage
"fluff"
The Carnifex gains 15 damage, 20 agility, and 10% movement speed and a 15/25/35% chance to instantly kill creeps.
Every time he kills a unit, he gains 15/20/25 damage, 20/25/30 agility, and 10% movement speed for 5 seconds.
Manacost: 175/225/275, cooldown: 90 seconds
note: effects dont stack, the duration just resets when making multiple kills

original post
Spoiler:

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

[COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex Empty Re: [COMPLETE]Old One Eye - Carnifex

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Living Battering Ram:
"Carnifexes are most often used in the demolition of fortifications and obsticles to a Tyranid's invasion. They rampage through trees, tanks, walls, and men alike - leaving a trail of destruction in their wake."
Charges the target point, gaining +30/40/50% ms.
Any units that come too close will be knocked aside, taking 100/150/200 damage and becoming slowed*, and give the carnifex +5/10/15 damage and +5/10/15% ias for 10 seconds.

range: 1k, aoe: 200

*current ult's slow percentages and duration

this can be the start of a carnifex slight remake into the actual Old One Eye

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Is the 200 aoe the range that people get knocked aside at, with the final part of mine being taken out?

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:20 pm

yeah thats the knockback aoe... the actual knockback range is unspecified
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:50 pm

<.< I meant the final part being the bug aoe at the end of the charge. Not the knockback range.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:54 pm

what aoe at the end of the charge? Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:55 pm

When the Carnifex reaches the aoe he slashes wildly, doing 80/90/100 + (str x 1.2) damage every second for 4 seconds to all enemies within the aoe. Enemies caught in aoe gain a -30% ms debuff that lasts for 7 seconds.

<.< That one

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Grass Hopper wrote:Living Battering Ram:
"Carnifexes are most often used in the demolition of fortifications and obsticles to a Tyranid's invasion. They rampage through trees, tanks, walls, and men alike - leaving a trail of destruction in their wake."
Charges the target point, gaining +30/40/50% ms.
Any units that come too close will be knocked aside, taking 100/150/200 damage and becoming slowed*, and giving the carnifex +5/10/15 damage and +5/10/15% ias for 10 seconds.

range: 1k, aoe: 200

*current ult's slow percentages and duration

this can be the start of a carnifex slight remake into the actual Old One Eye

what one? Very Happy
i dont think the carni needs a channel dot at the end of his ult
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:58 pm

(you make fluff for it) Carnifex charges at a target aoe. All enemies and allies that come into contact with the Carnifex during the charge get knockbacked for 50 distance. Enemies take 50/100/150 charge damage. When the Carnifex reaches the aoe he slashes wildly, doing 80/90/100 + (str x 1.2) damage every second for 4 seconds to all enemies within the aoe. Enemies caught in aoe gain a -30% ms debuff that lasts for 7 seconds. Charge destroys trees (and maybe doesn't have collision with terrain?). Max 1000 distance target range.

with the final part of mine being taken out?

GRAH, and like I said in my topic, its not a channeled dot. Its multiple thunderclaps pretty much!

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:01 pm

but channeled is it not? cause its in the aoe and he cant move can he?

and if you know that its being taken out, why the question,
"<.< I meant the final part being the bug aoe at the end of the charge. Not the knockback range. "
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:03 pm

(<_< I play a warlock in wow, so I get antsy over dots) Yea, just saying its not a dot!

I was just making sure dammit!

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:02 am

possibly looking for some suggetions to make berzerk rampage... actually a berzerk rampage.

its fine as it is now, but it could be improved
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by darthg10 Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:12 am

well recently when i was playing a Dbz v Onepiece v Naruto I noticed a pretty cool berserk move for gohan, where he has a percent chance to fly around his enemy and deal a flurry of blows.Maybe something like that for berserk rage? Except with targets to multiple units in a 400 aoe? I know this would redo the move, but it does fit the criteria of a berserk rage.

darthg10
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:13 pm

a % chance on attack to deal damage to multiple units?

like... pulverize?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by darthg10 Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:04 pm

its not like splash, its more like a a tele hit and then returns back to position. Ill show u that map sometime and u can decide if u like it.

darthg10
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:28 pm

i know, but what your suggesting? making a carnifex teleport around really doesnt quite make sense
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Heh. Adrenal Glands is a skill that really doesn't fit a lumbering carnifex. They're not supposed to be as fast as an eldar hero, for one, no matter their adrenaline. That's why I like this change.

As for what Berserk Rampage does in TT, it gives him one extra attack for each attack that hits, so what can we do with that? Perhaps instead of increasing his movement speed, make increase his attack speed? Or we could spice it up some and give him a skill that causes his attacks to do more damage every time he hits?

Also, can we please, please, please include living battering ram for the innate? Any enemy unit, if in the way of the Carnifex's movement, will be knocked back and damaged for a certain amount? It'll give him something to at least help him avoid crowds and could even be turned into an active skill.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:58 pm

ummm, just that idea itself will make it very hard for the fex to chase... or even attack in melee Razz unless the aoe was really tiny.

and living battering ram is already his new ult Razz

also, current adrenal glands give him (iirc) 45% ias through agi, as well as hp and damage from str, and ms.
that sounds pretty berzerk to me >.>
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:09 pm

He doesn't need MS. >> Nix that, please. In making him a tank who can chase, the MS has no right to belong there because Carnifexes don't run.... >>

And I don't understand why it is necessary to give him a 68 point stat boost along with 522 ms. It's like Ahriman's innate, except you can get it at level 7. >> Does the rest of the hero suck so bad he needs the Adrenal Glands to do something?

No other hero has a boost comparable to Fex's and that's because they're mostly ok heroes in their own right. They don't need to go super saiyan just to kill someone. >>
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Son007 Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Could you make 'Living Battering Ram' an active innate that causes him to gain ms over time and after X amount of ms he can plow through creeps and knock them to the side dealing damage based on level innate and ms? It'll drain mana but have no innate mana cost, as well as no cd.

I know you say he doesnt need ms, but its hard to be a battering ram with 250 ms.
Son007
Son007
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:42 pm

hmm, while you have a point that it might be too strong, in terms of actual bonuses, its not too bad.
it amounts to 45% ias, 20 damage, and some survivability.

he has this cause the rest of his skillset focuses on defensiveness, so the one steroid skill that allows him to actually dps needs to be a bit above average, cause the rest of the hero isnt that well suited for it. so yes, gly, your right Razz even tho its not as bad as you make it seem >.>

and going into a rage doesnt mean you'll move faster? most 'berserk' skills from almost any game in existance increase the users movement somehow. it does fit.

and battering ram will (probably) have a low ish cooldown.
unless you can suggest a (new)new ult and then we can shift battering ram to his innate... either as is or like son suggests.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:43 pm

I question that a 33% movement speed buff, 28 strength, and 40 agility is given as a normal skill, when in fact the bonuses are ult level. He gains 8 armor and 800 health, which is just "some" survivability. It's on the level of Avatar, without the spell immunity, but with movement speed.

And if the rest of his skill set focuses on defensiveness, should we not change his skill set to be a more offensive, yet durable character? You don't need to be defensive to have durability. Going into a rage when you weigh less than a ton is slightly easier to do, as you have greater acceleration from a standstill. And even if a Carnifex were to go into a rage, it's not designed to go really, really fast. You're ignoring the obvious bulk of a carnifex and its physiology.

Just looking at the Fex or Old One Eye, you can sort of tell they're lumbering creatures, just because of how their center of gravity is portrayed. If they were to try and run quickly forward, they have no means of stopping their forward momentum without face planting into the ground. Also, because they only have two legs to support the bulk of their mass, those legs have to be much more rigid at the cost of some flexibility and explosiveness.

I know you're going to pull a counterexample on me about how some hero doesn't have two arms to do whatever with, so my point is that the Carnifex is unique from all the other humanoid, bipedal heroes we usually deal with and we should treat him as such.

I'm not a fan of his current innate, as that's an effect that you can't make use of in the average 45 minute game. So if we nix that, shift Ram to the innate, put something about him being an Alpha Leader, keep Acid Blood, fix up Berserk and move Regen to his ult, maybe that'll do.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:53 pm

hmm, thought i lowered the strength a good deal less than that... wasnt it 18 or 22?

and your using the physiology of a make-believe creature as your argument? Razz
im not saying its perfect (or nesesarily balanceD), but the current adrenal makes for a pretty good 'berzerk rage' skill.

also, i agree that the innate is less than stellar, and im very open to changing some stuff around, but untill someone actually suggests something... the current skillset (ult change included) actually works.

and i dont think regen should be his ult, or, we could still include a new skill, but move adrenal/rage to his ult, cause you seem to be saying thats its ult worthy Razz
and now that i think about it, the current living battering ram (barring numbers) doesnt really fit as an ult skill

and i really want to avoid giving this guy *more* passives... so maby alpha leader isnt the greatest idea.

but a possible skillset would be:
I: battering rame
1: new skill
2: acid blood
3: regen
4: berzerk rage

where the new skill could be your offensive-yet-durable skill.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by darthg10 Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:19 pm

i have to agree with glycine on this, the lore of a creature or character is far more important to die hard fans like me and gly, than making a "cool" hero who doesnt make any sense. You might as well give the Tau Pathfinder the ability to summon necrons, because its cool. Or maybe give the bloodthirster the ability to snipe because its cool. In the long run lore>coolness.

darthg10
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:48 pm

a good philosophy for hero creation is make the fluff fit the skills you make, dont make skills to follow the fluff.

but you'll notice that i (kinda) agree with gly, and proposed some potential changes
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next