A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Apothecary of the XI Legion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Apothecary of the XI Legion - Page 2 Empty Re: Apothecary of the XI Legion

Post by Glycine on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Well, blanks can nullify psychic energy to a degree. If she were a Pariah, then yes, it would be quite odd. But I'm not going to make her out to be even close to Omega-level.

And given the visions of a Farseer, who knows as to what they could have seen in relation to this Blank? Unless you can't scry anything about a blank, in which case I have no more hands to play xD
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:36 am

Glycine wrote:Well, blanks can nullify psychic energy to a degree. If she were a Pariah, then yes, it would be quite odd. But I'm not going to make her out to be even close to Omega-level.

And given the visions of a Farseer, who knows as to what they could have seen in relation to this Blank? Unless you can't scry anything about a blank, in which case I have no more hands to play xD

A basic blank (Such as Jurgon from the Ciphas Cain series) can nullify things nearby them without wanting to, or having to. It's a natural aura. It does not go away. Also it does not matter if he bathes, washes, or dresses spick and span like the most well dressed person in the universe. His "Aura" will make people and others with a varied sense of disgust. To those without warp abilities. It'd be general revulsion, like horrid smells or obvious revulsions. To a psyker however, it's like draining a part of their soul, a horrible headache of painful preportions.

Blanks are KILLED ON SIGHT by eldar, as they know what they are and what they contain and what the necrons can use them for. Not to mention being near one harms an eldar mentally. A Far seer would be ordering her death as soon as she felt it's initial effects. Even a basic level blank would begin causing issues in the Warp Related Technology the Eldar use. There's often a reason why Culudex assassins are very good against the warp based eldar, as they screw them over quite well.

And as for visions, no, they see nothing about blanks, it is one of those reasons why they have them killed off, they find them soul less

(Of fun note, Biel-Tan doesn't have Farseer leaders, they are run Exclusively by Exarchs, which is why they are more fericious and fierce then others because they are guided by warriors)
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:37 am

Something someone overlooked ... a trip through the Warp couldn't make you a Blank or Pariah / Soulless, et cetera ... the gene was, most likely, seeded into the human race by the Deceiver (He created the Necron Pariah, so it's probably part of his long term plot to cut off the Warp). Anyway ... Since the Emperor wasn't a Blank / Pariah, there's no way his progeny could be one (they're created using his genes, after all). And even if she had been a Blank / Pariah before being transported through the Warp ... then she never would have been transported through the Warp. So it's kind of inconsequential if the Eldar would accept her or not, because it wouldn't have happened to begin with.

“The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!”

HEROES: Ku'gath Plaguefather | Hector Rex | Ghazghkull Thraka !
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:11 pm

Thank you for those corrections. ^^

What I was talking about, was specifically this, though. (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Assignment)

Using that scale, if she really was omega level, then yes, your effects would be as noted. But if she was just dense to the effects of psychic powers, then what? The expression of the psyker gene is obviously infrequent, and it may be that expression of the psyker gene masks through epistasis the influence of any other gene which might detract from it, i.e. The Pariah gene. However, if the psyker gene is not present in both copies or is not in an activated form, it is reasonable to suggest that any offspring of the Emperor had a chance, given the right environmental conditions, to be indifferent to the effects of psychic powers.

The Emperor, being a psyker, is still composed of an X and a Y chromosome, if I recall properly. It is possible, however slim, for an accident to occur at the cellular level, like the sex-determining region on the Y chromosome becoming inactivated through some chance event. If so, even though all the cells may exist as male, the baby will instead become a female, because of the lack of that region. Tada, female Primarch.

I would need to write plenty of loopholes and chance events like the above for my series of events to actually occur, but I don't have the time to do so. I wrote it for fun, primarily, and eventually I'll get around to making the Apothecary. Pick away at my science, if you will.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2