I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_vote_lcap63%[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_vote_lcap38%[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 3:24 pm by DeusMechanicus

» Faction creeps
[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero Empty [Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:40 pm

story: same
stats: same

innate:
"fluff"
Now *also* causes nearby allies to become faded Intelligence%

one: holocaust
"fluff"
Causes an explosion to surround the grey knight.
Units take 50/70/90/110 + str damage over the duration.
Units affected by this spell take Intelligence% of their missing mana as damage.
Aoe: 300, Manacost: 130/150/170/190, Cooldown: 24 seconds.
each explosion now deals a fixed ammount of damage, while the missing mana damage is only applied once.

two: Nemasis Force Weapon
"fluff"
Passivly gives the Grey Knight +5/10/15/20 strength.
Allows the Grey Knight to attack the target, scoring a critical hit that multiplies his damage by 1.3/1.7/2.1/2.5 + 0.8/1/1.2/1.4% of his intelligence.
The target loses mana based on the damage dealt*, and Creeps within 150/175/200/225 aoe take 25/30/35/40% of the damage dealt
*same values as current

three: Rights of Exorcism
same

ult: Sanctuary
"Many psykers can throw up a psychic shield that protects them from malign influences, and the strongest in faith can even conjure temporary wards around their companions through with the Daemon cannot pass."
Projects a field around the Grey Knight. Enemies already in the field will be pushed out and enemies with more than 4/3/2% of their max mana cannot enter this field. When an enemy comes in contact with the field, it will be blocked and lose 2/3/4% of its current mana.
Should an enemy inside the field lose all of its mana, it will be stunned for 1 second and take damage equal to 15/20/25% of its max mana.
Spells cannot effect the Grey Knight or his allies in the field.*
Channeling.
Aoe: 425/450/475, manacost: 250/325/400, cooldown: 110/100/90 seconds
*become magic imune
mechanics: will check for enemies every .03 seconds, and if they are in the aoe, they will be pushed back (prolly 20) distance. Units already inside the aoe will not instantly leave it, but instead be pushed back over time, losing more than just 1/2/3/4% of current mana
will use this animation, but larger and lower so it looks kinda like a dome

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Fri May 14, 2010 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero Empty Re: [Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm

bump; updated.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

[Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero Empty Re: [Completed]Brother Captain Stern - Grey Knight Hero

Post by Glycine on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:35 pm

How many explosions are we talking about for Holocaust?

Imagine view the void and sanctuary together. Razz Mana rape, anyway? There's lots to spare?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:40 pm

i have no idea XD
maby... ill run some tests and see how often a unit gets hit with a current holocaust
and base it off that

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 pm

Uhm. The current ult is 30 explosions. Normally you get about 15-20 of them. >>
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:31 pm

im gona put a 'hit' message in the ult so i can get some real numbers Razz

but if 15-20 actually is the case, then ill prolly devide those values by 10
or reduce the number of explosions

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:36 am

Shrouding could be changed to literally apply a blinding effect much as Necron Lord's ult does, but remove the blind chance to miss.

For example, make him and units around him much darker than they are when seen from a distance, but melee heroes who get inside the aura can see him perfectly. The amount of transparency depends on the intelligence of the nearest hero to Stern in an 1800 AoE. If their intelligence is higher, they can penetrate the psychic veils, but otherwise varying degrees of darkness will hide stern. See what I'm getting at?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:45 pm

yes, and i know that its *rediculously* hard to code and doesnt do much apart from making your allies a bit transparent.

i mean... i could *tryy* it. but it wont do much
because transparancy is just a cosmetic effect

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Say that to Mortred, Grass. Razz
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:51 pm

yes, most people agree that the blur effect is useless.
and she gets evasion on top of it Razz

i mean, i wouldnt mind doing it, but if your suggesting just the cosmetic then theres no point.
but keeping the evasion on top of it is ok by me

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun May 16, 2010 9:41 pm

comments:

The fading from the innate doesn't happen. It's transparency, right? and even though creeps are on my team, I should still be able to see them faded around me.

Sanctuary is way too powerful to only have an initial mana cost. It also needs a mana over time cost, because you can practically base push with it and no one can do anything about it. Increase the threshold that creeps can get through with and/or give it a set duration.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon May 17, 2010 12:24 am

the transparency isnt done yet.

and sanctuary leaves the grey knight rediculously open to ranged attackers.
and to successfully block a counter-push you need to be in range of the outposts towers.
it also has an epic huge manacost for the grey knights (somewhat) limited mana pool.

we can see how it works out in playtesting tho, and i can add a mana per second cost if it needs it.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:06 am

Actually, these changes really appeal to me. To be honest, the sanctuary thing should only effect demons if your going by the actual power, but i like the way its interpreted here. One way to nerf it if necessary would be to make stern while casting, possibly giving him a minor ranged attack or something while in it? I dont know, just spouting ideas.
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:03 pm

if by nerf you mean buff then sure Razz

if he gets ranged attack while in it, then he would technically be able to attack out of it (which he couldnt anyway cause its channeling) which would remove the only major drawback from it.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:22 pm

If it had a MANA COST per second, a minor ranged attack would be fine. Or perhaps a mana cost per enemy trying to budge itself against the wall.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:24 pm

i was thinking that as the manacost
like, 10% of mana lost from the enemies is removed from the grey knights manapool (not even thinking of numbers of course)

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:29 pm

That's not much of a mana cost. For creeps to lose 100 mana, it takes at least 2-3 minutes of hitting the barrier. As you say, numbers, but there should be a better concept.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:33 pm

lmao, can i just point out that you suggested this concept? Razz

one creep has 100 mana, so he loses 2/3/4 mana per second
a typical 5 creep wave would lose 10/15/20 mana per second
2 waves would lose 20/30/40 mana per second.
add in one int hero (assume 1000 mana) and thats 40/60/80 mana lost per second.

so 50-75% would be a better number

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Why not have it cost basically nothing, then have it suck mana for the amount of resistance it needs to put up? A shield doesnt draw as much energy if its not being hit...
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:23 pm

How would you define resistance on this shield.
Number of bodies?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Exactly. Here's a very easy way to limit the power of this move.

If more than 10/15/20 creeps are actively budging against it, the boundary will fail outright or cost more mana. Every unit trying to push against the barrier saps 3/2/1 mana per second.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:16 pm

That's never going to happen. I was blocking a full lane at the river ramps and at most 8 or 10 creeps were being blocked. The rest were piled up behind the blocked creeps.

Altho 50 of the mana lost by a unit is more than the 3/2/1 manacost you suggest. Especially with heroes.

Edit: even tho those numbers aren't effective. I was able to hold the shield for 3c the cooldown at least before I lost all my mana.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Surprised

Why is the 400 AoE range on Rites of Exorcism smaller than the 475 AoE on Sanct? If Rites affected units that were hitting the barrier, then their mana would surely fall faster and they would be able to enter the shield faster.

And I think your problem is 4/3/2% of current mana, not total mana. Why does it take creeps 120 seconds to lose 100 mana? That's just stupid.

I went full regen build (Plague, Fist, 4xBion) and I was able to tank middle lane, which houses no ranged creeps INDEFINITELY. If there was no hero near, I could just chill in middle and do nothing.

I don't know if you've noticed, but heroes aren't trying to hit themselves against the barrier. They stop, go around, or fire at range. Heroes mostly run away from the sanctuary, unless they can disrupt it or have a ranged hero. If we want sanctuary to actually do something to heroes, we'll have to rethink the entire concept outside of the bubble.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:22 pm

it serves its purpose as area denial then Razz
thats what its supposed to do.

should it drain max mana?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:38 am

Actually Glyc, It looks like an "OH MY GOD IM GOING TO POP!" hail marry shove say high dps melee hero like Karrandras/Warboss/Autuch/Necron Lord/CotW/Ect. back and out of range of being able to easily harm you. It can also buy time for allies to show up and say drop pod onto you. And to be honest, in Table top, as long as you continue passing psycic tests, you CAN hold the barrier indefinitely... So it fits in the fluff for it being able to hold off melee almost indefinitely.

Where it tempers to game play however is it technically should create an area of intense fog of war around him, because you can not draw line of sight through the bubble in Table Top.

One interesting thought would be to increase the mana cost on it, Leave him having to channel, but have it make a tangible line that if you arent inside the bubble, Its filled with FoW...
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next