A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_vote_lcap63%Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_vote_lcap38%Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch

4 posters

Go down

Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch Empty Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:15 am

"Do not ask, "Why must the Xeno die?", instead, ask, "Why not?""

- - -

Innate: Exorcist of Banish [Passive / Cast]
The Exorcists of Banish allow a daemon to inhabit their bodies
for hours on end before having it ripped from inside of them by
a Daemonhunter, giving them a first hand look into the nature of
Chaos and rendering them largely immune to its dark powers.

(Rauth gains +5/10/15/20/25/30% spell resistance)

-

Skill #1: M.40 Targetter [Passive / Toggle]
An M.40 Targetter equipped Bolter, with auto-sense link, makes
the Deathwatch's every round count- completely removing the
chance they will miss even if unable to visually acquire targets.
Also allows the Kill Team to utilize different ammo types to adapt
to the particular threat at hand, wether it be xeno or human.

(Passive: Rauth's auto-attacks cannot miss, requires 2 seconds uninterrupted to change ammo- See Below)

- [Ammo #1] - Stalker
The Stalker silenced shells used by the Deathwatch Kill Teams
are designed to turn the Bolter into a perfectly satisfactory
sniper rifle capable of pinning its targets before finishing them off.

(10/15/20/25% to Stun target for .05 seconds, 5/10/15/20% to deal 2x dmg)

- [Ammo #2] - Hellfire
The Hellfire Rounds used by the Deathwatch Kill Teams are
designed to render even the biggest beasts vulnerable. Upon
impact the needle-like shards release a mutagenic acid into the
target's blood stream, causing extreme pain and disorientation.

(10/15/20/25% to remove 10/15/20/25% of target's STR/AGI for 5/10/15/20 seconds, doesn't stack)

- [Ammo #3] - Metal Storm
The Metal Storm rounds used by the Deathwatch almost completely
remove the need to aim. The shells explode in the proximity of their
intended target(s), showering the area with metallic fragments. This
has the downside of reducing their damage, but allows outnumbered
Deathwatch to quickly and efficiently dispatch multiple targets.

(Rauth's auto-attacks gain an AoE of 200/*/300/* at 60/70/80/90% base DMG)

-

Skill #2:

-

Skill #3:

-

Ultimate: True Grit [Passive]
Deathwatch Kill Teams often undertake missions even their
brother Astartes wouldn't consider. They are the Imperium's
best trained and armed, and are without hesitation in their hunt
for xenos across the galaxy. For the Emperor, they know no fear.

(Coming Soon)

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 14 times in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch Empty Re: Exorcist Darrion Rauth: Deathwatch

Post by Glycine Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:38 am

Lol, too many passive or toggle effects on this guy.

And I think we've learned that you can't debuff attack speed in exchange for damage and stun... *points at vindi*

Maybe if you change your attack cooldown in general, it'll work.

In addition, if you're going to have such powerful effects, like a DoT that does 80% of 150 damage for 10 seconds, you might need to tone down the percents.

One last thing. Why in the world are you giving him 75%+ spell resistance? You do realize nothing will be able to harm him if he gets enough armor. Even the Machine God only gets 20/30 at max.......
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Reason for Spell Resistance is Exorcists acheived a 97:1 kill ratio against Daemons... which is incredible. And I meant that % of base dmg as one time upon casting, not for the duration. My bad for not clarifying. And I was going to make all the different ammos one skill and the player would be able to switch between them (like Tomb Spyder's Scarabs), but I don't know if that would actually work. If it will, I can condense those three and make new skills.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:14 am

I believe you can set a spellbook to swap ammo types.

Anyways. Quick modifications:

Innate: Lower the Magical Resistance slightly to 10/15/20/25/30/35%. Include an anti-magic effect on targeted spells, i.e. As a result of Daemon-binding, Exorcists that survive suddenly lose all trace of a psychic signature. It is as if they were turned into blanks, which may account for their effectiveness against psychic entities and abilities. Effects from targeted spells/abilities have a 5/10/15/20/25/30% chance of being nullified. This includes damage, spell effects, and any other kind of effect brought about by a point and click ability.

Skill 1: Targeter: First off, how about 3/2/1/0.5 seconds to change ammo? Let's also take off True Strike. Additionally, all shots of all rounds costs 0.5% of Rauth's mana.

Second, I'm going to list 6 types of ammo. Tell me what you think of each set and what would work best. Should he have access to all 6?

• Stalker Shells:
    (10/15/20/25% to Stun target for .5 seconds, 30/40/50/60% to deal 1.5x dmg) Serves as an overall damage increase. Each type of ammo has its own attack speed modifiers to signify different types of shots. Stalker rounds decrease attack speed by 30%.

• Kraken Shells:
    (Rauth's auto-attacks will hit the their target and go through causing extensive damage to other objects/things. Each shot will pass through its original target. If it hits another enemy unit, that unit takes 50/60/70/80% of the damage the target before it took. Can hit any number of enemies, as long as they are in the path of the original shot.) Kraken rounds decrease attack speed by 10%.

• Hellfire Shells: I'm going to modify this one a little more than usual.
    (Every shell inflicts a DoT of 1% of the target's health for 2/4/6/8 seconds. Reduces Strength and Agility by 1 point for every 40/30/20/10 damage done in this way. Stat reduction only occurs after the DoT has finished.) Hellfire rounds decrease attack speed by 15%.

• Vengeance Rounds:
    (Using unstable flux core technology, Vengeance Rounds can pierce through the thickest armor at the risk of damaging the firer. Every Vengeance Round fired has a 25/30/35/40% chance to ignore damage reduction completely, but also has a 5/10/15/20% chance to backfire on Rauth and deal that shot's damage to him, also ignoring damage reduction.) Vengeance Rounds decrease attack speed by 15%

• Metal Storm Shells:
    (Rauth's auto-attacks gain an AoE of 200/*/300/* at 30/40/50/60% base DMG.)
    Metal Storm Rounds decrease attack speed by 10%.

• Dragonfire Rounds:
    (These hollow shells explode with a gout of superheated gas that makes a mockery of cover. Each of Rauth's shots explode in a burst of fire when they hit an object or a unit, doing an extra 10/15/20/25% damage and corrupting 1 armor for every 60/50/40/30 damage done by the *total* attack. Does not stack. Damage caused by this shell is not affected by evasion. Comes with the fire ground command, which enables Rauth to fire into trees and make a path for himself. Each shot can only destroy one tree.

Skill 3: Null Rod
A gift from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor instrumental in the foundation of the Exorcists, this obsidian weapon not only nullifies the psychic abilities of all enemy units he may face, but also those of his allies. It also holds a deeper meaning, as the warp-blocking effects also ward off any potential side effects from the initiation ritual of Daemon-binding.

Active/passive skill. The Null Rod emits a silencing wave that silences all enemy heroes for 0.5/1/2/3 seconds in an AoE of 500 around him. Cooldown of 30/25/20/15 seconds. If Rauth enters within 300/400/500/600 AoE of a hero who is casting a channeling spell, that spell has a 5/10/15/20% chance to be interrupted every second with each second gone by of the channel adding a 5% chance to the interruption. Allied heroes are only silenced for half the duration.

Ult: Absolute Zero
Such is Rauth's talents at destroying Daemons and other psychic entities, his comrades and supervisors have begun to suspect something amiss in the Space Marine. On more than one occasion, Rauth exhibited the ability to completely absorb the psychic energy from a location or xenos. This manifestation of his powers brought him wide acclaim, but a few Inquisitors were skeptical. When examining the area of his kills, they noticed a frighteningly cold dread shook them to their bones, hardened Inquisitors as they were. What had they created?

Passive ability. Akin to a spider's web, Rauth subconsciously lays down trails of strands very lightly imbued with anti-warp energy. The longer he localizes himself in a particular area, the stronger and larger the web becomes. If an enemy psyker should happen to step onto the web, a portion of their mana is siphoned into the web and they stick to the ground where they are for a brief moment.

As the web absorbs mana, the duration of the hold grows until the web has no choice but to nullify the energy. To do this, it takes the kinetic energy from all units within the web, quickly freezing the outside environment. In normal circumstances, anti-warp energy would completely nullify any psychic energy, but when present in minute quanities, the two combine to release thermal and kinetic energy back into the environment. These two processes happen simultaneously, resulting in an explosion of ice.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:28 am

I like Glycine's version a lot. =\
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:37 pm

I don't like Null Rod and Absolute Zero.. Not that they're bad, but I wanted skills to reflect his time in the Deathwatch more than the fact he's an Exorcist ... though I'm pretty sure they didn't hand out Null Rods to Exorcist brothers. Anyway ... We have enough rank-and-file SM heroes, wanted this guy to represent the Deathwatch.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Well, we don't have a codex for the Ordo Xenos.

Basically they kill Tau, Eldar, Necrons, Orks, and Tyranids. >> What can we do with that?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:28 pm

I dont know ... that's why I haven't updated this in awhile. But if we make him pure Exorcist, he may as well be another Grey Knight. Anywho ... Darrion Rauth had a serious hatred for psykers - he held a bolter to a Librarian's held, ready to blow it off at the first sign of taint. As for the Deathwatch, might be able to make something out of this;

"The orders of the Deathwatch are not merely the cleansing of xenos cultures. They also include the recovery and study of alien devices and artifacts. Sometimes it is necessary to use a weapon against the enemy who created it, although this is not taken lightly. The Deathwatch are constantly vigilant for sabotage, or to advise if it is truly safe to use a weapon of xenos origin. The Adeptus Mechanicus are always on the lookout for alien technology; the C'tan Phase Sword, used by the Callidus assassin was recovered from a Necron tomb world and successfully integrated into the arsenal of the Imperium."
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:37 pm

So do you suggest we give him more types of weapons to shoot? xD I mean, with interchangeable ammo, it's really, really hard not to come up with something that hasn't been done. If you find a suitable alien artifact, we could make that work.

And if he really, really hates psykers, just say that he "acquired" a null rod from somewhere. If they're cut off from the warp, no taint? xD Exorcists also don't have psychic powers like Grey Knights. In this sense, he would rather be like the sisters of silence, who were blanks, carried bolters, and shot things, except with a hint of xenos-killing.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu May 06, 2010 3:58 pm

We could have him deal in alien weaponry and be able to use various xenos weapons for some effect. How's that sound?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:21 pm

any updates on this? or has deus gone awol?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down