A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Broadside Hero

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] Broadside Hero Empty [Incomplete] Broadside Hero

Post by Kiba[dok] on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:34 am

Here's my creative version.

Str: 28+2.7
Agi: 14+1.1
Int 19+2.3
Range: 800
Attack cooldown: 3.0

Innate: On the Move
With an advanced stabilization system, the broadside has the option of firing while entrenched or on the move. When entrenched, he gains 1/3/5/7/9/11 armor and the ability to fire his railguns, but is immobile. On the move, he gains half the bonus damage and armor from above, and is still able to fire his railguns. Because the broadside has two railguns, each of them is able to fire on different targets (using the same code for O'shassera's two fusion blasters).

Railguns: work like vindi. Make it happen nao!

Skill 1: Smart Missile Barrage
The broadside fires its smart missile pods which first analyze the area and then move to destroy its target. Is a toggle. Every 10/8/6/4 seconds, the broadside releases 3/6/9/12 individual missiles which each do 25/30/35/40 damage at the cost of 5/8/11/14 mana per missile. Cannot be activated while entrenched.

Skill 2: Nanomechanics
Basically does the same thing. Heals the Broadside for 10/15/20/25% of its max health over 10 seconds, but prevents the Broadside from attacking or using any ability.

Skill 3: Drone Retinue
The Broadside can take a collection of four different types of drones, with a total of 2/4/6/8. Each level allows him to summon an additional drone. This drones act like normal summons and can be controlled:

1. Shield Drones:
    Ability: Shield Generator:
    Surrounds the Broadside with an energy shield. Multiple shield drones can overlap their shields and create layer upon layer of protection from attacks.
    Passive: Automatically creates an energy barrier around the Broadside Battlesuit, which reduces all incoming damage by 5%. This costs 200 mana. Multiple drones stack this effect additively, up to a maximum of 25% reduction. Each barrier will take approximately 10% of the Broadside's life in damage and will take another 200 mana to put up by a drone.
    Stats:
    Health: 125/175/225/275
    Mana: 200/350/500/650
    Armor(Heavy): 1/2/3/4

2. Gun Drones:
    Ability: Pinning. Has the ability to mini-stun incoming units for 0.1 seconds on a 10/15/20/25% chance. Attacks with a 6/5/4/3 second cooldown.
    Attack: 10-15 normal damage
    Health: 50/100/150/200
    Mana: 0
    Armor: (Medium): 0/1/2/2

3. Marker Drones: Automarks a target, reducing its armor by 1/2/3/4. Same type of Markerlight as Pathfinders, and can be used to fire a Seeker Missile from Pathfinder's Ult. Costs 50 mana per markerlight. Will select heroes before regular units, but will not markerlight units who already have markerlights.

Duration/Cd: 3/4/5/6 seconds
    Health: 75/100/125/150
    Mana: 100/200/300/400
    Armor: (Light): 0/1/2/3

4. Technical Drones: Grants 2 bonuses: Increases the vision range of the broadside to max and autocasts the Target Lock debuff. Target Lock gives the affected unit a -10/15/-20/-25% chance to evade attacks and costs 25 mana.

Duration/CD: 5/6/7/8 seconds
    Health: 50/75/100/125
    Mana: 50/100/150/200
    Armor: (Light): 0/1/2/3

Ult: Destructor Phalanx
Under special orders, a special destructor phalanx can be formed in the sole purpose to take out heavy vehicles and well-fortified positions. To accomplish this, other broadsides will be airlifted in via Orca. A specially equipped XV-8 will also accompany them to coordinate fire.

Summons 1 Destructor Shas'el and 0/1/2 Broadsides. All broadsides have the same stats and skills, although summoned broadsides do not have access to the drone retinue, but can still benefit from its bonuses. Passively increases the range of the Broadsides by 200/400/600.

Destructor Shas'el has the following stats and skills:
Life: 1000/1500/2000
Mana: 500/750/1000
Mana regen: 3/4/5 per second
Armor: 6/10/14
Damage: (Needs to be evened out with flamethrowers)
Range: 250/350/450

Skill 1: XV-84 Battlesuit
Grants the Markerlight ability, with same specifications as a Marker Drone. Again, Pathfinder can use the markerlight to fire off a Seeker Missile.

Skill 2: Wildfire
This dual-barreled experimental flamer is primarily used by Crisis suits accompanying Broadsides, as a counter to the assault tactics used to combat Broadsides. Passively gives the Shas'el a flamethrower attack. Actively enables him to launch fire bombs that explode on an area and do burn damage on that area for 5 seconds afterwards.

Skill 3: Unified Targeting Matrix
Under the direction of their Shas'el commander, the co-ordinated fire of the Broadside's rail guns can demolish the most heavily armored target with comparative ease. The Shas'el can pick out a building, mechanical unit, or hero unit within 1500 range. For 20/40/60 seconds afterwards, both Railguns from Broadsides will attack the prioritized target, essentially doubling the damage done.

(In this case, the barrage mechanism needs to be overruled or modified such that the extra shot will hit the targeted unit before other units if said unit is in range.)

Kiba's original build:
Spoiler:
ill do the fluff when i do his name so for now just skills

innate: Entrench
fluff:
Gives the broadside 15/25/35/45/55% base dam increase, range increase of 50/75/100/125/150, increases armor by 3/4/5/6/7 and allows the broadside to use his ult but the broadside is rendered immobile.

skill 1: Burst Cannon
fluff:
fires a barrage of shells dealing 200/300/400/500 damage in an aoe of 300 at of range of 400
mana cost: 150 cd:35

skill 2: Twin-link Missile Pod
fluff:
Fires cryo-missiles at target unit dealing 200/250/300/350 and freezes the area for 2/3/4/5 sec slowing all enemy units by 5/10/15/20%
mana cost: 125 cd: 25

skill 3: Nanite armor
fluff:
Heals broadside for 200/300/400/500 over 5sec but is unable to attack during this time
mana cost:100 cd:30

Ult: Twin-linked Railgun
fluff:
Fires the powerful guns at target 550/700/850 damage in a range of 2000
mana cost 300 cd 50

range 400
ms 260
---str: 28+2.7
agi: 14+1.4
int 19+2.0

Last edited by Kiba[dok] on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Broadside Hero Empty Re: [Incomplete] Broadside Hero

Post by Grass Hopper on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:42 pm

*dont post in the developement forum*

hes a *very* point and shoot hero... XD
and fluff note: burst cannons dont use shells do they?

number values (cept maaayyybe heal) are waaaayyyy too high.
and the ms is too low. (you could get boots, and then still have less movespeed than all the other heroes)

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:13 pm

ok sry for the wrong post spot. the shells thing was just me i see cannon and think shells im lower so of the #s and see it they work. could use new numbers for ult the max damage isnt even doulbe paths and he uses a smaller version
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:27 pm

patfhinder is getting a remake Razz

but a 50 second cd on a 2000 range 850 damage nuke is ridiculously powerful

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sat May 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Here's my creative version.

Str: 28+2.7
Agi: 14+1.1
Int 19+2.3
Range: 800
Attack cooldown: 3.0

Innate: On the Move
With an advanced stabilization system, the broadside has the option of firing while entrenched or on the move. When entrenched, he gains 10/15/20/25/30/35% bonus damage and 1/3/5/7/9/11 armor, but is immobile. On the move, he gains half the bonus damage and armor from above, and is still able to fire his railguns. Because the broadside has two railguns, each of them is able to fire on different targets (using the same code for O'shassera's two fusion blasters).

Skill 1: Smart Missile Barrage
The broadside fires its smart missile pods which first analyze the area and then move to destroy its target. Is a toggle. Every 10/8/6/4 seconds, the broadside releases 3/6/9/12 individual missiles which each do 25/30/35/40 damage at the cost of 5/8/11/14 mana per missile. Cannot be activated while entrenched.

Skill 2: Nanomechanics
Basically does the same thing. Heals the Broadside for 10/15/20/25% of its max health over 10 seconds, but prevents the Broadside from attacking or using any ability.

Skill 3: Drone Retinue
The Broadside can take a collection of four different types of drones, with a total of 2/4/6/8. Each level allows him to summon an additional drone. This drones act like normal summons and can be controlled:

1. Shield Drones: Shields the Broadside from attack. Available at level 1.
  2. Sniper Drones: Offers long-range pinning fire. Available at level 2.
  3. Marker Drones: Marks the target, reducing its armor by 1/3/5/7. Same type of Markerlight as Pathfinders, and can be used to fire a Seeker Missile from Pathfinder's Ult. Available at level 3.
  4. Technical Drones: Grants 2 bonuses: Increases the vision range of the broadside to max and casts the Target Lock debuff. Target Lock gives the affected unit a -10//15/-20/-25% chance to evade attacks.

Ult: Destructor Phalanx
Under special orders, a special destructor phalanx can be formed in the sole purpose to take out heavy vehicles and well-fortified positions. To accomplish this, other broadsides will be airlifted in via Orca. A specially equipped XV-8 will also accompany them to coordinate fire.

Summons 1 Destructor Shas'el and 0/1/2 Broadsides. All broadsides have the same stats and skills, although summoned broadsides do not have access to the drone retinue, but can still benefit from its bonuses. Passively increases the range of the Broadsides by 200/400/600.

Destructor Shas'el has the following stats and skills:
Life: 1000/1500/2000
Mana: 500/750/1000
Mana regen: 3/4/5 per second
Armor: 6/10/14
Damage: (Needs to be evened out with flamethrowers)
Range: 250/350/450

Skill 1: XV-84 Battlesuit
Grants the Markerlight ability, with same specifications as a Marker Drone. Again, Pathfinder can use the markerlight to fire off a Seeker Missile.

Skill 2: Wildfire
This dual-barreled experimental flamer is primarily used by Crisis suits accompanying Broadsides, as a counter to the assault tactics used to combat Broadsides. Passively gives the Shas'el a flamethrower attack. Actively enables him to launch fire bombs that explode on an area and do burn damage on that area for 5 seconds afterwards.

Skill 3: Unified Targeting Matrix
Under the direction of their Shas'el commander, the co-ordinated fire of the Broadside's rail guns can demolish the most heavily armored target with comparative ease. The Shas'el can pick out a building, mechanical unit, or hero unit within 1500 range. For 20/40/60 seconds afterwards, both Railguns from Broadsides will attack the prioritized target, essentially doubling the damage done.

(In this case, the barrage mechanism needs to be overruled or modified such that the extra shot will hit the targeted unit before other units if said unit is in range.)
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard on Sat May 01, 2010 9:43 pm

That's not a broadside anymore, thats a crisis suit!
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sat May 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Lol, not really. It's still spec'd to be a Broadside.

Advanced Stabilization System, Drone Controller, Railguns, SMS. I see no difference. xD

The Crisis suit only comes from the ult.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat May 01, 2010 10:32 pm

personally, i dont like the ult.
and im iffy on the drone summons

to me, a broadside should *not* have summons

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sat May 01, 2010 11:08 pm

If a Broadside didn't have summons, how would it keep the rabble away? If you're entrenched and shoot every other 3 seconds, it'll be hard to keep a large push away. Plus, if Cato decides to drop pod on you with honor guard while you're entrenched, you're pretty much screwed. Or any hero with a jump move, for example.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat May 01, 2010 11:35 pm

what about vindicare in the same situation?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Sat May 01, 2010 11:37 pm

Vindicare can go invisible <_<

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat May 01, 2010 11:50 pm

yes, not all heroes need/have an escape mechanism tho

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun May 02, 2010 2:10 am

Not all heroes have the option to be rooted to the ground? xD

I'm not quite sure I'd term it escape, though. More like panic as melee dps carries carve into you, but since there's no escape mechanism, I guess one will just have to resign her/himself to death.

Railguns should have a minimum range, anyway, which is why I really, really want an escape mechanism for him, or someway to give him time to back off and readjust.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont on Sun May 02, 2010 2:28 am

He's a juke box hero! With stars in his eyes!

Dunno why, but when I read "Broadside hero", I immediately thought of that song. Didn't bother reading the rest of the post, I thought my comment was far more important.

*Conceited*

Now that I have read the post, I agree with Grass.

I do not think broadsides would have summons, at best, a shield drone, but even then, highly unlikely. They typically serve more of a support/artillery type role, and as such, would theoretically be protected by the main force ahead of them while bashing away at whatever moves with their big ole cannons. Its not really a up-front-and-center unit. Making a hero out of it would be exceptionally difficult if you wanted to keep it true to a broadside.

A crisis suit would be much more applicable than a broadside as a hero, in my honest and sometimes-overly-highly-thought-of-personal-opinion.

Hero Creation: Pending...
Mandrake Champion: Kheradruakh
Rogue Primaris Psyker: Aeos Valerin
Slaaneshi Daemonette : The Masque
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun May 02, 2010 2:48 am

Broadsides, as they are now, are as you say. They're heavy support. But we've made units (Vespid, Pyrovore, etc) with less fluff or potential into somewhat decent heroes (Although that remains to be tested).

And I'd love to make crisis suits, except pretty much every commander is in some sort of Crisis suit. >> Plus, it's a challenge to make a Broadside a hero.

The way he's built now, he really is for pure support, because you can't entrench without fear of ganking and he's generally slower than most heroes. He needs something to protect him, but if you get that protection, he'll do well.

And Broadsides have drone controllers, not a shield drone retinue. (What's the point of giving him a controller if you're really going to limit him to one type? Might as well give him a boresome shield generator. >> In addtion, in tt, you can allocate wounds to the drones, helping to preserve the broadsides.

So in my somewhat misleading and hypocritical opinion (No, really. >>), I believe that the presence of drones would really, really, really help broadside with the issue of viability.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Sun May 02, 2010 6:51 am

Surprised Could just DoW it and have two lesser broadsides accompany him and be a combo of Aun'Va and Lelith (they do lesser versions of what you're doing at the same time, but they are just following you around without you being able to control them personally).

Think Railgun would be better as his ult also. Just tone it down and make it more special than just like Pathfinder's ult.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] on Sun May 02, 2010 9:04 am

Lol gly where is the railgun in ur build. Most that i see/seen have cannon or something with the pods.
and cell the paths ult is just a rail rifle which is a small rail gun so the broadside ult would be similar like mine is
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Sun May 02, 2010 9:25 am

Yea, I know that. I'm just saying to spice it up, since copying a boring ult just makes two identical boring ults. I'm sure theres a way to make a broadsides railgun more awesome than a rail rifle.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] on Sun May 02, 2010 10:54 am

i was thinking of adding a effect its just and armor reduction seems blah
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Sun May 02, 2010 8:24 pm

How about instead of making it a single unit target move, it fires its railguns a certain number of times at a targeted direction for whatever distance. The railgun shots would pass through units, damaging them as they go through them. The damage would have to be toned down per shot.

Could have an effect for if he's not entrenched or not also, if grass can do that. He'll fire them slower and be knocked backwards after each shot if not entrenched, and fire them normally when entrenched or something.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun May 02, 2010 8:36 pm

As for where the Railgun went in my build, it's in the innate and the ult. Imagine 6 Railgun bolts all striking at the same time on a target. Hurts a lot more than Pathfinder's ult. xD

Railguns usually have an average/slow rate of fire, so that's tricky to work with. Seeing as Railgun shots can go on for half a mile... As for the effect, he already fires them slower and moves slower if he's not entrenched when firing.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] on Mon May 03, 2010 9:25 am

the only problem i have with walking and firing the cannon isnt the fact that it would push him back but that it would damage h the suit form the recoil. I mean tau fluff even says a rail rifle can kill a pathfinder by just firing it and hammerhead tanks only use 1 i dont see how he could fire 2 and only be pushed back. Im sry i can see how the suit can take more recoil then an anti-grav tank without braceing itself and not have damage done. I mean there is even weapons we use today that we use only specific ways because the recoil is dangerous.
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Mon May 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Surprised Except that part doesn't make any sense since if the recoil was going to damage him when not entrenched, it wouldn't matter if he just planted his feet. They would damage his top anyway if the recoil was that bad. It's 40,000 years in the future. I'm pretty sure an alien race that regularly fields battle suits handle an ancient problem such as recoil a long time ago.

And I thought the thing of it was killing Pathfinder teams wasn't because of recoil, but misfires. That stuff got cleared up in later updates.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon May 03, 2010 6:03 pm

theres a reason why railguns are heavy weapons and the battle suites are Slow and Purposful (well, they were... dunno if thy still are)
cause they have to stabalize the recoil

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] on Tue May 04, 2010 9:41 am

then y dont any other tau use a twinlinked railgun or entrench. If they had those tau would make use and wouldnt leave suits open just for the 1 weapon. i mean like u said this is 40k y would only 1 unit in all of there army entrench if it wasnt needed. I mean yell it would just waste time and leaves the suit open if they can fire on the move the act is pointless and would have no use because if ur immobile u cant move

Last edited by Kiba[dok] on Tue May 04, 2010 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next