I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 3:24 pm by DeusMechanicus

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Broadside Hero

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Incomplete] Broadside Hero - Page 2 Empty Re: [Incomplete] Broadside Hero

Post by Glycine on Tue May 04, 2010 10:48 am

Just because my tank has a huge gun doesn't mean I'll use it all the time.

There are so many concerns on a battlefield: strategic, logistical, availability of pilots who can pilot it, timing, style of attack, etc, etc. The Tau'va fights not as a hammer blow but as a swift, dancing blade, applying force when necessary in the proper places.

Sure, Broadsides are powerful, but can't really expand the potential on a battlefield besides heavy weapon/character/vehicle killing.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] on Tue May 04, 2010 10:51 am

thats true so y dont the tau just invent/give the broadside a different weapon
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] on Tue May 04, 2010 11:03 am

S.O.B i just thought of a way to make him less broadside more hero im need a new innate but y not just get rid of the entrenching could make it part of ult fluff or the new innate. just a thought
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Tue May 04, 2010 11:27 am

Because broadsides fit the role they were designed to do. They're not a jack of all trades, but a king of hitting hard. As for entrenching, ehhhhhh. What's your new innate?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard on Tue May 04, 2010 12:44 pm

he Tau'va fights not as a hammer blow but as a swift, dancing blade, applying force when necessary in the proper places.

Um? No, there is indeed fights as a hammer blow, the Mont'ka is indeed called the killing blow!
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] on Tue May 04, 2010 1:26 pm

well i want to try to combine our 2
i like ur ult and if we just make the railgun a nuke then his innate and ult can be from urs so he can he has both and entrench can be used when the user wants we both have heal and missile so lets combine the 2 and make it fire ur way just add slow and say there cryo missiles. This way its even more dif then paths ult
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:18 pm

did we hammer out a skillset for this yet?

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:23 am

wells ive been looking at other heros and reading fluff and wat not tryin to figure were to go with this and this is where i have arrived.

numbers lil later im just listen the skills at this moment
Innate: entrench(basic skill for all broadsides)
skill 1: missle pod barrage (having misslepods equiped)
skill 2: cal in the reserve (calls in 2 broadsides with assault cannons for cover)
skill 3: soften up the target (single target nuke fired from pods
ult: RAIL CANNON BITCHES (fires a large dam nuke that lowers armor a lil) or (fires multiple shot for aoe dam and armor loss). Up to grass which ill go with.

and 1 last note a broad without a rail cannon is a GPOS (giant piece of shit)
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:25 pm

Well, you should update the first post and let us see the numbers when you get around to doing it Razz

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:20 am

A broadside without a railgun is a crisis suit. xD

That said, I'll be doing refinements on my current build to make it somewhat more fluid (just for you, cell).

And if you're going to ask why I gave him summons again, as I know someone will, it's to balance the fact that Broadsides do not deploy without any kind of support. Being out in the open is begging to die from any hero who has legs or wings, especially since he's going to be really slow regardless.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:36 pm

drones are ok, but not 20some.

and while i agree that a Broadside needs support, its not the Broadside's job to provide that support. Its the job of the rest of his team.
He's already going to have a repair skill (that so far isnt non-combat), and the posibilities of Shield Drones. He doesnt need summons to keep him out of trouble, he needs allies for that.

because im pertty sure this skill isnt changing... On missle barrage:
how does the targeting work?
how much does your fluff for the skill apply to gameplay?

EDIT:
oh, and if the drones resemble the drones in Or'es'ka's skillset, then im happy.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:04 pm

He's actually a hero who would play more like the current Vindi, except he would be a tank and could actually push back on a ganker.

While he's a bit slow and unwieldy, he has to be at least self-sufficient if facing off against 1 hero. I too agree that he's not a support, but he needs something to offset his vulnerability as a giant moving bullseye, and a heal can only do so much. And there are only 8 >< It can be reduced to 4, if that sounds better.

Missiles: The missiles each select a unit to home in on, if there are more units than missiles present. But if there are more missiles than units (say one hero) then all the missiles will home in on that hero. And the missiles are designed to be really small. Since you know that the missiles ignore line of sight, the acquisition radius for the missiles will be large.

Basically, if the units are in range and are visible, the missiles can go through any kind of terrain, save buildings. The missiles will also not target buildings. If a target is markerlighted, then the missiles will automatically home in on that target. The numbers need to go down, though.

I'll get drones up in a bit.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Kk sounds good.

And I coulda sworn It said something like 4/8/12/16 drones... Guess I'm crazy Razz

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:44 am

Drones: Surround the Broadside automatically and revolve around it.

Shield Drones:

Ability: Shield Generator:
Surrounds the Broadside with an energy shield. Multiple shield drones can overlap their shields and create layer upon layer of protection from attacks.

Passive: Automatically creates an energy barrier around the Broadside Battlesuit, which reduces all incoming damage by 5%. This costs 200 mana. Multiple drones stack this effect additively, up to a maximum of 25% reduction. Each barrier will take approximately 10% of the Broadside's life in damage and will take another 200 mana to put up by a drone.

Stats:
Health: 300/350/425/550
Mana: 400/600/800/1000
Armor(Heavy): 1/2/3/4

Sniper Drones:

Ability: Pinning. Has the ability to mini-stun incoming units on a 15/20/25/30% chance. Attacks with a 6/5/4/3 second cooldown.

Stats to come.

Marker Drones: Marks the target, reducing its armor by 1/2/3/4. Same type of Markerlight as Pathfinders, and can be used to fire a Seeker Missile from Pathfinder's Ult. Can be set on autocast to markerlight units in range. Costs 50 mana per markerlight.

Technical Drones: Grants 2 bonuses: Increases the vision range of the broadside to max and casts the Target Lock debuff. Target Lock gives the affected unit a -10//15/-20/-25% chance to evade attacks.

Will fix up later.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:57 am

<_< does the Marker drone reaaaaally need that synergy with pathfinder? Because path already does that kinda stuff perfectly fine anyways by himself. It also sounds like it more for pathfinder use so you can tell him to global nuke someone when you use your missle barrage, which really isn't even fair for the enemy.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:15 am

All the abilities of the drones will be auto-cast, passive. And it'll probably be limited to one markerlight per unit, so you'd actually have a real skyray barrage instead of the 500 missiles Aun'va spouts.

The missile barrage takes up a lot of mana for a strength hero, though. To fire 12 missiles, it'll take 168 mana, and if that happens every 4 seconds, then he'll have no mana very quickly. I need to lower the high end damage to maybe 200-225, though.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Don't lower the damage on the missles. Too much

He's a slow heavy hitting hero, with (so far) missles and his rail guns for his heavy damage.
The damage his missles will do is *halved* of there are even *2* units in range. Not to mention the huge manacost, relatively.

EDIT:
Also, update the first post.
But keep kiba's suggestion in a spoiler at the bottom.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2