A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap63%What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap38%What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
What should be done with the map? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

What should be done with the map?

+3
Fairemont
Grass Hopper
13loodRaven
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What should be done with the map? - Page 3 Empty Re: What should be done with the map?

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:22 pm

im looking into the outpost scaling issue.

and thinking of an outpost upgrade from the base.

does that sound ok?

and if we are to have in-lane artilary, they should be in the forrest in capturable outpost type things.
and an inbase artilary thing could work alot like the drop pod. and be purchased from the same building and target much the same way.

altho im not sold on that because then its like giving every hero a global damage nuke...
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What should be done with the map? - Page 3 Empty Re: What should be done with the map?

Post by cellrawr Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:23 pm

Well, increasing outpost towers damage over time would keep the wave spawn raping pretty much the same with how it is as the start of the game wouldn't it? So it would make games longer since it would be harder even with hero support.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:29 pm

hows this?
an upgrade in the base that upgrade towers.
but only their anti-hero damage increases with upgrades. (and possibly outpost hp/armor increases as well)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:14 pm

Grass Hopper wrote:im looking into the outpost scaling issue.

and thinking of an outpost upgrade from the base.

does that sound ok?

and if we are to have in-lane artilary, they should be in the forrest in capturable outpost type things.
and an inbase artilary thing could work alot like the drop pod. and be purchased from the same building and target much the same way.

altho im not sold on that because then its like giving every hero a global damage nuke...

Lol I literally made this suggestion prior to you suggesting it... practically the same thing. xD

Besides, if you want to reduce a global nuke, but a short time on it. that way, it'd still be effective against creeps, but not so effective against heroes. Also, prob make it cost some gold so it can't be spammed.
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:45 pm

How about instead of a global nuke, we put something like the base deny thing blood (I think) suggested. Give the outposts a spell that can be used only at deny levels of health. When used, for the imperium it would have an orbital bombardment (for the Orks a huge ass bomb/rocket) target on the outpost. It would damage the base and all units in the area. If the base dies to the bombardment, it gets turned into a neutral base at full health. If the enemy takes it before the bombardment, the bombardment still goes off and does the same stuff, just damaging the base instead of denying it.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:55 pm

that doesn't really make sense. =\

Well, I guess it does. You want to stop outposts from being taken over, and the only way that'd really be effective is if it unconditionally killed all units in the region, and then had a repair function, since the outposts can't really be denied like a unit could be. =\
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:27 am

Its what the orks did on kronus... Repair is kinda iffy though, it takes time, and then it gets destroyed while being built. If there were to be bombs in each mainstream outpost, it could work. Its just a matter if its wanted or not.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:11 am

Actually they can be denied like a unit can, Faire. <.< Current buildings when around 2-300 hp you can attack them if they are yours, sending them into the neutral phase. And yea, I meant for it mean all units (including your own). The bombardment would just knock the hurt building into neutral phase and damage it some. The part about if the enemy took it I meant is that it would hurt the neutral building thats there after the enemy knocks it out of your control.

The ork bomb part I meant more of like the drop a rocket (the things they use to travel in space) or something of theirs on top of the place. Not a rigged bomb or something. But the bomb thing could work also.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:12 am

I don't see the point. =\
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:16 pm

:/ Women. They WOULD be the ones not to see the point of huge explosions. (just kidding)

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:55 pm

I love explosions, but there is no reason to have pointless large explosions that will lag up the game when it won't change much.
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:39 pm

spacially if your just killing your own outpost with it Razz

there is no benefit to denying an outpost, cause itll just go neutral
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:05 pm

EXACTLY!
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:33 pm

Except you do get honor for denying it. xD
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Then deny it. You wouldnt get any for blowing the thing up.. Lol

Besides, why do you get honor from denying an outpost?
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:12 pm

I JUST WANT EXPLOSIONS DAMMIT!

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Because the game doesn't differentiate between who kills the outpost, even if it's the team who owned it. If the outpost is denied, it simply is a capture.

I think Grass fixed this, though.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:21 pm

no, but i can Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:42 am

Thats why at the start when I made this suggestion that it be saved for nid mode.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Give the outposts an ability called "no-man's land" and give it a cooldown of like 2-3 minutes or w/e is appropriate for a game, and then temporarily reduce the damage done to the outpost as well as put down a bombardment in the area in front of the out post (towards appropriate lane) which would be equivalent to a defensive bombardment.

You now have a way to temporarily raise the defensive capabilities of an outpost for a last ditch defense attempt if you're not quite there, have the opportunity to clear large masses of units, have your explosions, and don't really mess with the outpost in general.

Thoughts?
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:32 pm

It makes defending too easy. Considering outposts are already really powerful when there's no hero in the lane.
And also why I'm iffy on the global bombardment from base.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:54 pm

Deep-Strike style orbital bombardment (team 1) and 'Uge Bomb from Da Space 'Ulk?(team 2)? Ok. This better be saved for nid mode or something, but the idea is:

In the shop where you activate deep striking, there can be a 'Bombard' ability. It deals damage over an aoe based on the players current honour. Say 2 honour deals 100 damage over 500 aoe. (inculde the normal 'shellshock' effect, slow, etc. "schrapnel" DoT?)
As such 10 honour would deal 500 damage over 2500 aoe.

Probably redo the numbers to fit Nid Mode. I dont think that this should be implemented untill nid mode is a go.

ALSO*

As I played 0.46b tonight, I came across something bizzare.

In the top right-hand corner of the map, above the hero taverns is a cliff face. You cannot walk there, you have to get a good deepstrike.

On top of the cliff, there is this pretty little rune centered in alot of sparkley stuff. But to the left of that theres a huge Pit-Lord hero called Magtheridon.

He has around 2-3k hp and 80 allstats. He givs 263 gold and a text message saying "Challenging Defeat" upon his death.

Might I enquire as to why the hell this is there? O.o

13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:16 pm

The pit lore was put there as a possible eventual 'boss-type-creep'.
ATM, nothing is being done with it.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:19 pm

<_< I've already claimed that spot for Nid Mode, btw. Also, that guy has been there forever Blood <__<

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Ya Ill figure out a way to include the mid boss and associated tunnel system for nid mode
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum