A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Erebus I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Erebus I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Erebus I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Erebus I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Erebus I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Erebus I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Erebus I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Erebus I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Erebus I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Erebus I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Erebus I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Erebus I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Erebus I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Erebus I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Erebus

Go down

[Incomplete] Erebus Empty [Incomplete] Erebus

Post by DeusMechanicus on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:00 am

Lord Erebus
First Chaplain of the Word Bearers

[Incomplete] Erebus Skins_1826_screenshot
(Not that great, but the best I could find)

Stats:
STR: 20 + 2
AGI: 15 + 1.6
INT: 26 + 2.5

Innate: Chaos Undivided (Choose Only One) / Book of Lorgar
[Incomplete] Erebus Icons_2213_btn

"The Word Bearers devote themselves to Chaos Undivided, but may call upon the favors of one Chaos God over another from battle to battle. Will it be Khorne, the Bloody? Nurgle, the Plague Father? Slaanesh, the Pleasure Seeker? or Tzeentch, the Conspirator?"

Passive

Khorne: Summoned Flesh Hounds are unable to be the targets of spells/abilities/buffs/debuffs. Erebus gains +10/20/30/40/50/60 dmg.

Nurgle: Summoned Nurgleth Beasts' gain "Generosity of Nurgle". Erebus gains +2/4/6/8/10/12 armor.

Slaanesh: Summoned Fiends gain +4/8/12/16/20/24 dmg. Erebus gains +5/10/15/20/25/30% IMS.

Tzeentch: Summoned Screamers gain +10/15/20/25/30/35% bonus to mana regen. Erebus gains +3/6/9/12/15/18 INT.

- - -

"Across Erebus' bald scalp are tattooed passages from the Book of Lorgar, Primarch of the Word Bearers, meant to terrify his foes with the strength of his conviction in the divinity of the Emperor. When Kor Phaeron convinced Lorgar to forsake the Emperor and worship Chaos Undivided, the tattoos took on a more sinister effect."

Channel

By reciting the passages from the Book of Lorgar, Erebus is able to summon daemons directly from the Warp. Channeling. After 2/4/6/8/10/12 seconds 2/4/6/8/10/12 (one Daemon per second) of the nearest creeps are randomly changed into Flesh Hounds, Nurgleth Beasts, Fiends, or Screamers under the computer's control. They advance in the lane they were summoned as normal creeps would. If Erebus' innate is Khorne he cannot summon Fiends, if Nurgle no Screamers, if Slaanesh no Flesh Hounds, if Tzeentch no Nurgleth Beasts.

- - -

Flesh Hounds: Canine-like daemons devoted to relentlessly hunting the foes of Khorne, they are merciless in carrying out the Blood God's will on the battlefield. With a hide similar to mesh armor, massive claws and teeth, they are worthy foes even for the Space Marines. Once they've been given a target, they will pursue it until death.

HP: 350
Attack: 28 - 30 Pierce [Fast]
Range: Melee
Armor: 5

- - -

Nurgleth Beasts: These huge, happy, slug-like creatures slither across the battlefield searching for friends to play with. As their very presence is anathema to life, their playmates always end up dead. After which they continue across the battlefield, searching for new friends, belching forth noxious fumes and clouds of insects.

HP: 300
Attack: 20 - 22 Pierce, -5% IMS/2 sec (doesn't stack) [Slow]
Armor: 6

Generosity of Nurgle (Passive)
Nurgle's more than happy to share his newest diseases with close friends. Nurgleth Beasts' spread miasma as they travel, dealing 5/*/10/*/15/* pure dps to all enemy units within 100/*/150/*/200/* AoE. The effects last for 2/*/4/*/6/* seconds after the unit leaves the AoE.

- - -

Fiends: An amalgamation of human, insect and reptile they stalk the battlefield with amazing grace and unnatural speed. Their favored tactics are designed to confuse the enemy, and they often begin to sing before they strike - the effects of which could render the foe disabled, or even dead, before the first attack ever hits.

HP: 300
Attack: 14 - 14 Pierce [Very Fast]
Armor: 4

Discordant Singer (Cast)
Once every 10 seconds a Fiend may begin to sing, reducing the armor of surrounding foes in a 200/*/250/*/300/* AoE by 1/2/3/4/5/6 for 1/*/2/*/3/* seconds.
- - -

Screamers: Also known as Sky-sharks, these flying monstrosities patrol the Warp, and when in the Materium, the skies for souls to consume. Although capable of wielding the Immaterium as well as any psyker, they prefer their jaws, which are capable of chewing through any material, up to and including the hull of a warship.

HP: 325
Mana: 100
Attack: 15 - 15 Normal [Fast]
Range: Melee / 400 (Gift of Chaos)
Armor: 2

Gift of Chaos (Cast)
Screamers fire bolts of pure Chaos towards creeps (enemy or allied), either reducing them to goo or transforming them into mindless beasts. 100 mana to cast. Any creep hit has a 50% to either immediately die or gain "Warp Touched", giving them +15 dmg, +10% IAS / IMS, -4 armor. Any unit with "Warp Touched" dies 5 seconds later.

Skill #1: Price of Failure
[Incomplete] Erebus Icons_12494_btn

"Lord Erebus of the Dark Council wields the devastating ability to pluck the souls of those who have failed him directly from the Warp, to torment for eternity ... or wield as mere weapons in the Materium."

Cast

Erebus has a 25/35/45/55% chance to collect a soul each time an allied creep (1 soul) or hero (2 souls) dies within an 300/400/500/600 AoE to a max of 2/3/4/5 souls. When cast Erebus may target any enemy unit (including buildings) within 500/700/900/1200. The unfortunate souls, filled with raw Immaterium, become unwilling bombs and fly towards whatever Erebus targeted. In addition to the spell cost each bomb takes up to 2/3/4/5% of Erebus' remaining mana and deals 40/50/60/75 + mana taken in dmg in a 100/150/200/250 AoE to enemy and ally alike. The souls don't go willing, thus each has a 25/20/25/10% chance of missing its target, either falling short, going long, or exploding prematurely. If Erebus chose Nurgle for his Innate, the souls also carry a virus, infecting anything damaged by the souls for 25 dps for 2/4/6/8 seconds.

Skill #2: Insidious Influence
[Incomplete] Erebus Icons_12615_btn

"As a Dark Apostle, Erebus has survived for millenia where others have risen and just as quickly fallen. He is responsible for the damning of billions of souls to the Gods of Chaos, even the Warmaster Horus himself."

Passive / Cast

Allied creeps near Erebus recklessly attack his foes. They suffer -2/3/4/5 armor and gain +5/10/15/20% IAS. Erebus may target an allied hero (cannot target himself) within 500/600/700/800, they gain the 'Boon of Pain'. Boon of Pain causes the hero to take 5/10/15/20% more damage, but add 10/15/20/25% of the damage they take after receiving the Boon to their damage dealt for 6/10/14/18 seconds. If Erebus chose Slaanesh for his Innate, the Boon also gives the targeted hero +5/10/15/20% IAS.

Skill #3: Accursed Crozius
[Incomplete] Erebus Icons_8996_btn

"When the legions came to worship Chaos, their Chaplains were unwilling to turn from the Emperor and were slain by their brothers, except for those of the Word Bearers. Willing to follow their Primarch into damnation, they defiled their holy symbols and rededicated them to the worship of Chaos."

Passive / Toggle

A powerful symbol on and off the battlefield, the Accursed Crozius still functions as a Crozius Arcanum but in addition serves as a direct conduit between Erebus and his dark masters in the Warp. 20/30/40/50% of Erebus' melee dmg is converted to pure dmg. When toggled on the Accursed Crozius protects its bearer from harm, giving Erebus +6/12/18/24 armor and draining his mana 5/*/*/10% of max per second while active. If Erebus chose Khorne for his Innate, the Accursed Crozius has a 10/15/20/25% to block a spell targeting Erebus and, while active, burning mana equal to 1/1.5/2/2.5x the spell's cost from the caster.

Ultimate: Twisting Paths
[Incomplete] Erebus Icons_12481_btn

"The dark paths Erebus has traveled have given him insight into the Chaos Gods' guarded realms few are privy to. He wields this knowledge with terrible consequence in the Materium to break the minds of his opponents and use their secrets against them."

Channel

Erebus delves into the mind of a target enemy hero. The enemy cannot take any action for 2/4/6 seconds (or until Erebus stops channeling), and takes 25/50/75 dps + .5/.7/1x their own Int in pure dmg. Using the knowledge of his enemies against them, the location of all enemy heroes are pinged for Erebus' team every 2 seconds for the duration of channel. If Erebus chose Tzeentch for his Innate, he steals 2/4/6 Int from the enemy hero which remains until Erebus dies.

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 47 times in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Erebus Empty Re: [Incomplete] Erebus

Post by DeusMechanicus on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:34 am

Think I might combine his Innate and Skill #1, that way his choice of Chaos God effects each skill. 1, 2, 3 and Ultimate.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:22 pm

moved to sandbox

inate:
looks good, but the tzeench hero bonus looks a little bland Razz
(itll prolly be clear when you make the summons... but does giving a summoned unit mana regen do anything?)
also, would it be ok if when picked, he starts out 'unalligned', but the innate is a spellbook with these spells, and when you chose one, itll swap out the spellbook with the skill you chose?
(making a player chose on-pick can be a little confusing or frustrating for new players if they dont know whats happening)
this can be acompanied by an on-screen message telling them to pick a chaos god.

book of lorgar:
does it convert enemies too?

insidius influence:
the negative effects may outweigh the gains for this skil... but we'll see
also, the bonus damage has the potential to be ridiculously op Razz just a number issue, but 25% of 300 damage (any nuke) will giev 75 bonus damage.

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Screamers, as daemons, and especially as servants of Tzeentch, are powerful casters. So I was thinking about giving them a spell attack in addition to their regular attack. And I figured it'd be easier to change how fast they can use that spell if it's mana based rather than just a CD.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:28 pm

kk makes sense

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Oh, and yeah, I planned for the Book of Lorgar to effect enemy creeps as well. Tearing their way out of the Warp, they look for the nearest host.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:32 pm

kk, least its not instant and is channeled XD
cause you can just jump ahead of your creep wave and double your push

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:35 pm

Well, it's sort of like a mini ritual, wouldn't make sense to be instant.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:36 pm

So, I need to come up with stats for Daemons, mana costs and CDs ... and constructive criticism.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:54 pm

omg, you even have icons! and links!!! Very Happy
(quick nit-pick... the icon you have for Crozius is in use already)

thinking about it (and not knowing anything of the chaos gods), i would think Khorne and Tzeentch would be mutually exclusive, because khorne hates psykers?
but im sure theres a reason why its khorn-slaanesh, nurgle-tzeentch

Price of Failure:
just a nit-pick again, but 20 damage is utterly pathetic at level 1.
i would just keep the duration a constant 8 seconds.
and i think i know how i can figure out how to make the misfire work...
ALSO: is it seperate chances for each effect, or just a generic % chance for one of the 3 to fire? (so 25% to overshoot, 25% to fall short, and 25% to explode, or 25% chance to overshoot, fall short, or explode)
(you can pretty much ignore this part... im just typing to myself to work out whats going on)
if they have a chance to explode mid flight... there needs to be a calculation of where it explodes... so instead of picking random points, i can run mini-chances every interval to see if it explodes then (itll end up being the correct % over the entire missle lifetime...), which will make it have a chance to randomly explode on its flight path.
i can do the same thing with the over-undershot, run a minichance every interval, then extend the distance it has to fly or reduce it depending on if the chance fires.
the issue with this is how far to extend it... which i could do with...
if chance is true, increase distance by X, cause the chance can trigger multiple times over the interval (As it doesnt kill the missle like the explode one does)
this will also allow a possibility (depending on how the chance works) for an overshot and an fall short to occur on the same missle, but ultimatly they will both suffer the chance to missfire, and if one or the other occues, the missle wont end up hitting the target unit anyway.

Boon is good, with the exception of it being potentially extremly imbalanced, one way or another (20% bonus damge is a decent chunk, and 25% of damage taken is *huge*)

Crozius is also good

and the ult is mostly good
however:
just a thought, but if it uses the enemies knowledge against them, wouldnt it make more sense for it to just deal damage right off their int? instead of using a comparison?
the duration is FUCKING long Razz

overall:
he looks like a support/caster - semi carry hybrid sorta thing
(the only thing that throws me off is the Crozius, its dps focused, but he has supporting skills and 2 channeling skills.)
the single dps skill in a skillset of support isnt bad tho, its the 2 channeling skills that throw me off.
i just dont see him using a dps focused skill that often in mid combat when he should be disabling the key enemy hero, and converting their creeps.

keep it, tho, cause the epic armor boost is good for the 2 channeled skills nonetheless

also, hes going to be freaken mana intensive (the ult must, must, must have a larget manacost for its power, and 2 skills take % manacosts)

hope thats constructive enough ^^

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:06 am

Each of the Chaos Gods have a rivalry with another particular Chaos God.. While Khorne does hate Tzeentch because he's all about psykers, his major rivalry is with Slaanesh.. Nurgle and Tzeentch hates each other because they draw powers from complete opposites - Tzeentch from hope and ambition, Nurgle from despair and hopelessness.. Khorne and Slaanesh hate each other because they're opposites as well, Khorne represents pain and death, while Slaanesh embodies living a life of unrestricted pleasures..

20? Wha..? At level 1 each soul does 40 + 2% Erebus' current mana in dmg. Though I guess that is kind of low, especially with the chances to miss. And, whichever is easier, I planned for each soul to have a 25% chance to overshoot, fall short, or explode, but if grouping them together is easier, that'll work.

For the Ult, I could do their Int, but I'd need to change the dps or it'd rape casters horribly (for example, 10 + 100 Int at 3rd = 210 dps x 8 seconds). The thought behind it is the lower Int the more damage it would do because a weaker mind wouldn't traverse the paths as easily.

Replaced all the icons. Hopefully none of those are in use.

And, yes, that was constructive enough. Thank you.

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:51 am

At work so u can't respond to everything. 20 damage as in the dps from nurgle bonus XD I didn't specify sorry

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:24 pm

for the ult... you dont have to use the same values Razz
just a thought

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:19 am

Updated
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:37 am

summons look good

and the current icon for Presence is currently in use by the flayed one Razz

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:31 pm

You mean Influence?
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:33 pm

... yes XD

and that new icon is good

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum