I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 3:24 pm by DeusMechanicus

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker

Go down

[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker Empty [Incomplete] Tomb Stalker

Post by DeusMechanicus on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:19 am

Patterned in the shape of ancient and alien beasts of prey, Necron Tomb Stalkers are huge unliving machines; swift, tireless and relentless engines of murder that know neither pity nor remorse. Differing somewhat in scale and form, Tomb Stalkers and other similar constructs serve a function first of all to guard their masters’ sleep, eternally vigilant in their search for intruders that might disturb the dread tombs in which they slumber. Tomb Stalkers can detect the pulse of life through hundreds of metres of solid rock and use this ability to home in unerringly on their victims, employing a form of phase field to pass through inert matter as if it were water, striking without warning and leaving nothing but blood and dust in their wake.

Innate: War Construct [Incomplete] Tomb Stalker Icons_12797_btn

Passive

The Necron Tomb Stalker is a lifeless machine, immune to the weaknesses that are commonly found in the mortal mind. It cannot be stunned. Also its sheer size and multiple legs prevent it from being knocked back. In addition its body is a mass of bladed limbs and razor-sharp armor plates, causing enemies who attack the Tomb Stalker in melee to take the Tomb Stalker's armor x 1/2/3/4/5/6 in dmg for every attack.

Skill #1: Detect Life [Incomplete] Tomb Stalker Icons_12857_btn

Passive / Cast, 80/90/100/110 mana cost, 30/25/20/15 sec CD

The Tomb Stalker hunts the battlefield as effortlessly as the underground tombs of the Necron Lords. It can detect the presence of living beings hundreds of feet away. When Tomb Stalker attacks an enemy hero, it is marked, giving the Tomb Stalker vision of that hero until either the Tomb Stalker or the marked hero dies. When cast, gives vision of all enemy units within 1500/2000/2500/3000 to the Tomb Stalker for 2/3/4/5 seconds.

Skill #2: Phase Tunneling [Incomplete] Tomb Stalker Icons_10789_btn

Toggle

The Stalker has built in phase field projectors, allowing it to phase much like the Wraith, to pass through the ground as easily as it would through water to ambush its enemies. The Tomb Stalker gains 100% transparency and can pass over cliffs, through trees, and over any kind of terrain at its normal MS (or as if it were flying). While active the projectors drain the Stalker's mana 50/40/30/20 per second. The Stalker cannot attack, but can use "Detect Life". Once turned off it takes the Stalker 4/3/2/1 seconds to reemerge from beneath the ground.

Skill #3: Gauss Flayers [Incomplete] Tomb Stalker Icons_12236_btn

Cast, 100/120/140/160 mana cost, 45/35/25/15 sec CD

The Tomb Stalker sweeps its gauss flayers, more powerful versions than those traditionally carried by Necron Warriors, in dual 180 degree arcs in front of it. Deals 80/100/120/140 pure dmg to enemies hit. If an enemy hero is hit by both arcs, they take dmg from both and suffer
-2/3/4/5 armor. If an enemy creep is hit by both arcs, they are instantly vaporized.

(think Protoss Colossus, SC2 ^)

Ultimate: Awakening [Incomplete] Tomb Stalker Icons_8910_btn

Cast, 200/225/250 mana cost, 90/75/60 sec CD

The Tomb Stalker is responsible for handling any threats to the slumbering Necrons, but has the ability to awaken its dormant charges to deal with any foes too numerous for it alone to handle. Summons Necron Warriors (Chaos dmg ones!) equal to 4/6/8 + (1 per outpost the enemy currently controls) in the lane Tomb Stalker is in. Summons are under the control of the computer and advance as normal creeps.

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:38 am; edited 24 times in total

“The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!”

HEROES: Ku'gath Plaguefather | Hector Rex | Ghazghkull Thraka !
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Tomb Stalker Empty Re: [Incomplete] Tomb Stalker

Post by Glycine on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Grawr, stop copying Armor on innates. Think of something more innovative.

Skill 1 is just a copy of Yriel's skill, which is lackluster. Think of either revealing the area which all living units reside in or to acquire a target's scent simply by it being attacked or damage and to have vision of that target at all times.

Skill 2 seems fine.

Skill 3 should have an active component of some kind. Your hero will be rather boring with just one active as the ult and a normal attack.

Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:54 pm

oh, its absolutly not allowed to be a dps/hero killer in any major way if it cant be stunned or knocked back

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Removed the armor, moved #3 to Innate and modified the numbers, and updated #1.

“The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!”

DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:38 am

Added #3 and Ultimate.. Need review.

DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:34 pm

I was doing some calculations for the maximum armor possible and you could top 30-40 quite easily, making the innate fearsome indeed at high levels. After all, though he can't kill anything, he can make sure things impale themselves on him?

Detect Life: Be sure to cap a limit on how many heroes you can track, if you're going to track them till death.

Phase Tunneling: Can it cast other spells while phased? Is this a strength or an intelligence hero?

Flayers: Autokill on creeps is a no-no ^^; You can do some other debilitating effect. oo

Ult: Meh, summoning skills. I'm looking back at the old fluff for the tomb stalker, and it was a super heavy vehicle then. See what you can tease out of that.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm

40 isn't that much for a thorns Razz

And make flayers cripple somehow. Either slow or hold or something.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:46 pm

40x6, Grass? Razz
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Oh right Razz

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:27 am

Good hero. I think that your ultimate 'minions' should be your units, so you can get the extra gold from kills they get, but you cannot controll them. Perhaps just route the creep path into the spell?

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:06 pm

hmm...

for the innate, even tho the hero isnt that great at killing stuff, stun and knockback imunity is huge...

can I ask that you change it to ressitance? like theres a % chance that an individual movement of knockback wont work?
or has an x% chance to avoid a stun... or every .x seconds stuns are removed?

and the perma vision on Detect Life... bothers me...
can it be a long duration instead of perma? several minutes?

and the ult doesnt sit right with me... but i suppose it can work XD

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Only reason he has some of the skills he has is because you said he couldn't be a hero killer.

DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:13 pm

well he cant Razz and the balance is good, imo.

but ignoring stuns might prove to be a bit to powerful.
how about this... mental note to change it to stun/knockback resist if it proves to powerful.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down