A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_vote_lcap63%[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_vote_lcap38%[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Tau] Modular Battlesuit I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Tau] Modular Battlesuit

4 posters

Go down

[Tau] Modular Battlesuit Empty [Tau] Modular Battlesuit

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:43 pm

so, this is very skeletal atm, and i hope to have people help me finish... or make XD... some or most of the skills.

PREMISE:
works like the necron lord, each skill slot has 4 choices to chose from when picking the skill.

story:
blah

stats:
no idea atm

ms: average
range: ranged

innate: Movement Systems
-jump jets:
Active. Target point. The battlesuit activates his jet pack and flies towards the target point. Due to the nature of the battlesuit, its weight, and the strength of the jets, this jump is much slower than normal jump packs; however, the suit is much more stable and still able to fire its weapons.
jump speed of 700, doesnt disable the suit, allowing it to attack and use abilities.

-advanced stabalization system:
Passve. Systems fitted onto suits to stabalize them against weapon recoil. The battlesuit moves x% slower, but it can still attack and use abilities while moving.

-vectored retro thrusters:
Active(or passive or toggle). Revserse Jump. Much more powerful than the usual battlesuit Jet Pack, the Vectored Retro thruster is mounted on the front, allowing for quick escapes from heated situations. (if active) When active, the battlesuit flies backwards. (If passive), if the battlesuit would take more than x% of its max life in a single shot, it activates its thrusters and flies backwards. (if toggle) There is a x% when attacked(/damaged) that the battlesuit will activate its thrusters and flies backwards.
1500 jump speed, 600 jump range.
-bank

one: Weapon Systems
(note: weapon systems would prolly be a toggle skill, and while on the main attack is disabled and the weapon system fires - note, none of the weapon systems are homing)
-Burst Cannon:
A rapid firing weapon based on pulse technology, the burst cannon fires an imense number of times per minute. Deals low damge, but has a 50% chance to slow units that it hits. (pinning - pretty sure it pins >.>)
range: 450. attack cd: 1-.75

-flamer:
Fires a cone of flame at a random nearby enemy unit. The flame spreads over a 10 degres arc, each individual flame deals x damage, and units hit by the flame take x damage for x seconds
range: 350, attack cd: 1.65

-fusion gun:
Deals high damage, with a chance to (deal effect) to the target. If at half range, the fusion gun ignores the targets armor. note: attack is instant
range: 400, attack cd: 2-2.3

-missle pod:
fires a rocket at a random nearby enemy. The rocket travels up to 1200 range. Deals siege damage in a 200 aoe.
range: 600, attack cd: 2.5 - 3

two: Support Systems
-multi tracker:
when a weapon system is toggled on, the battlesuits main attack is no longer disabled

-shield generator:
Active. generates a shield around the battlesuit, reducing all damage by X. can not absorb more than X damage

-target lock:
Active (or passive). The battlesuit gains vision of the target unit, and its weapon systems (minus the flame thrower) fired at the target will home.

-targeting array (no idea)
(other options that could be included: blacksun filter)

three: Drone Controller
(note: all drones are controllable, but will be disabled if they go further than X range from the suit)
-Gun Drones:
generic drone with an attack

-Sniper Drones:
less hp, high dmage, high attack cooldown, 100% bash

-Shield Drones:
naerby allies (100-200) gain (some sort of defense... be it evasion, damage reduction, bonus regen? bonus hp?)

-Marker Drones:
is equipped with a markerlight

(other possibilities - tech-repair drone)

ult: Special Issue Equipment
-Positional Relay:
drop pods dont scatter when targeted near the battlesuit

-Command and Control node (no ideA)

-ejection system:
when killed, the battlesuit gives no exp or gold, and a suit pilot is spawned. The pilot has 5 hp for each point of strength, 1 armor for each 40 points of agility, and 4 mana for each point of intelligence (ie: 25% regular stats) The pilot has skills (ideas, grenade, some form of sabotage, others). After the death timer would be normally up, the suit is spawned in the base and the pilot can enter it.

-failsafe detonator:
deals x% of the suits max life when killed.

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Tau] Modular Battlesuit Empty Re: [Tau] Modular Battlesuit

Post by 13loodRaven Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:24 am

Perhaps the pilot can deploy those ambush drones I remember from DoW3... Puts them in the ground, as soon as a hero comes into range, good knockback stun. The drones themselves have a small damage base, chaos damage, and a chance to ministun.

13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:02 am

by dawn of war 3, do you mean soulstorm? Razz

also, in TT at least, ambus drones dont exist.
types of drones are:
gun drone
sniper drone
shield drone
marker drone
tech-repair done
turret drone (like a stationary done)
stealth drone (like a remote controlled stealth fighter drone)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:17 am

<_< The third would be Dark Crusade. Your forgetting about Winter Assault, which is 2.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:33 am

Right... Sorry XD

Updated the first post with a bit better explanation of the skills
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:31 pm

Hmm. While I don't have a huge problem with the actual concept of the hero, there are named Tau Commanders that would take bits and parts of the modular skillset, and generally be easier to manipulate. For Necron Lord, the system worked so well because there weren't a lot of Necron heroes and it was generally hard for other heroes to take skills from the Necron Lord. Skip down to the bottom for the tl;dr.

For example, these heroes could take the above skills:

Jump Jets: O'Shovah, O'Shaserra, R'myr, Ralai
Advanced Stabilization System: Broadsides
Vectored Retrothrusters: Ralai

Weapon skills: Basically a copy of O'Shovah's bodyguard abilities. If they don't scale with the battlesuit's level, they won't be good.

Support skills: Everything has a shield generator. Multi-tracker and target lock are interesting concepts, though.

Drones: Broadsides

Special Issue: Relay: O'Shovah's Bodyguard
Ejection and Failsafe: Also interesting, but not enough.

The hero concept is very redundant compared to the heroes we already have as named characters, and the named characters have much better quirks.

R'myr:
Flechette Launcher, Double-barreled Plasma Rifle, Target Lock, Drones, Shield Gen, Bodyguard, Hatred (Imperium), Ejector System

Potential Abilities:
Innate: Ejector System
Skill 1: Flechette Shield
Skill 2: Plasma Overload
Skill 3: Turret Deployment
Ult: Vengeance or Death

Playstyle: Up and close, but ranged.
Ejector works as above.

Flechette shield not only hurts enemies who attack in melee with an AoE cone of sharp projectiles, but also can function as a shield bash.

Plasma overload allows his rifle to either focus damage on one target or fire lots of shots at groups of enemies.

Deployment allows him to call down attacking turrets dropped by Orcas for map control.

Vengeance makes him stronger as the units die around him, with more bonuses given on allied heroes' deaths.

R'alai:
XV9 Armor, Pulse Submunitions Rifle, Vectored Retro Thrusters, Marker drones, "Eclipse" Shield Gen, Blacksun Filter

Potential Abilities:
Innate: Glimmers of the Mon'tau
Skill 1: Vectored Retro Thrusters
Skill 2: Starlight (Eclipse Gen.)
Skill 3: Fabled Assassin
Ult: Special Ammunition

Playstyle: Long ranged, high damage sniper
Innate: Makes him more resistant to stuns, slows, and other effects, but at the cost of increasing the damage he takes.

Skill 1: How Vectored works above.

Skill 2: Passively allows R'alai to become invisible when standing still. When activated, drains mana per second, but increases his resistance to damage and allows R'alai to fire and not be revealed while invisible.

Skill 3: Gives R'alai full vision during nighttime and allows him to lock onto a target. While locked on to, the target receives extra damage from R'alai's attacks and is unable to dodge them.

Ult: Special ammunition is what is sounds like: By default gives R'alai a splash, ranged attack. Level 1 of it allows him to use the EMP Shell (A purge in essence), Level 2 allows him to use the Hyper-Density Sabot (Think Railgun), and Level 3 gives him the use of an Ionic Cluster-Beam Shell, which not only gives splash, but also a chance to ignore resistance.

However, while using the special ammunition, R'alai has a chance to take damage from the potential drawbacks of the ammunition.

Tl;dr: There are lots of named heroes we should focus on, and the Tau are not a race that demands a generic layout for a hero, because they already have so many heroes that fit niches. Necron Lord was an exception, because no other units in the Necron Army could really take his wargear, but when you have so many heroes sharing one pool of wargear, it's not necessary to make a genetic battlesuit hero for the Tau.

Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:44 pm

summary:
generic hero is generic
named characters are specific

somehow, specific > generic in-game

and named tau heroes should go in before generic modular ones
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper