A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Heroes Forum [Update] I_vote_lcap63%Heroes Forum [Update] I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Heroes Forum [Update] I_vote_lcap38%Heroes Forum [Update] I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Heroes Forum [Update] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Heroes Forum [Update] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Heroes Forum [Update] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Heroes Forum [Update] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Heroes Forum [Update] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Heroes Forum [Update] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Heroes Forum [Update] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Heroes Forum [Update] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Heroes Forum [Update] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Heroes Forum [Update] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Heroes Forum [Update]

Go down

Heroes Forum [Update] Empty Heroes Forum [Update]

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:28 pm

well, this forum really kinda got abandoned... but eh! im going to be going through it and fixing some stuff up, chaing the way voting is done etc.
If you want to help out, let me know.

the forum is now structured like this:
|Heroes
|-->"team" that a hero belongs to (order/disorder)
|--|-->A race in this "team"
|--|--|>sticky'd [Complete] heroes for that race
|--|--|>[Incomplete] heroes for that race
|--|--|
|--|
|
|-->"development section"
|--|>sticky'd [Implementing] heroes
|--|>[Waiting List] heroes orginized by [Race]
|--|
|
|>sticky'd lists of heroes by creator/race/completion

This is the procedure for how the heroes forum works:
Step 1:
I take your thread from the suggestions forum, and place it in the appropriate race's section, marked [Incomplete]. I or another person will probably help you clean up your suggestion and add values (even if they are just placeholders or general ranges).

Step 2:
Once you think your hero is complete enough, you will PM me or a mod and they will mark it a [Complete] hero. It is our discretion whether we believe your hero is complete and expect a very thorough check of your hero, for a good reason. Once your hero is marked [Complete], you can't move it back or make any major changes to the design (numbers and *minor* concept changes are allowed).
Any major design changes will cause the hero to imediatly be moved back to suggestions.

Step 3:
When a hero is marked [Complete], it will be stickied and a poll will be added: "Is this hero good enough to make it into the game? - yes/no" .
If the hero gets:
- 90% of votes as yes after 1 week or,
- 75% of votes as yes after 2 weeks, it will be moved to hero voting. A total of 10 yes votes in any circumstance will be considered to advance the hero automatically, without a time duration.
- Less than 50% approval after 10 votes, it will be moved back to incomplete for further modifications.
- Less than 10% approval after 10 votes, it will be rejected and the hero will generally need to be remade.

When you vote for a hero, be sure to give proper support for your vote and denote your choice. If votes come without accompanying posts, they will not count.

Step 4:
If a hero is approved in its [Complete] stage, it will be moved to the [Waiting List] area and be marked by its [Race]
Heroes in the [Waiting List] will be added to the game based on these criteria:
-My general interest/deciscion
-The nessessity of that race's heroes in the game
-A developement pole
-Community event

By this time, a hero has gone through 4 different appraisal periods (suggestions, incomplete, complete, waiting), and should be ready enough so that I can just decide that it should make it in, and implement it without any real hassle.

Note: due to these changes, all heroes currently in the developement forum will be moved back to incomplete

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Heroes Forum [Update] Empty Re: Heroes Forum [Update]

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:41 pm

[Incomplete] Heroes:

An incomplete hero is chosen by me from any hero in either the Sandbox or the Hero Suggestion forums.
it is moved to its respective race's forum and marked [Incomplete]
Once there, I, or others, will help the maker go through his/her suggestion and make sure its as good as it can be.
With this marking, the hero can undergo as many changes as the owner wishes to make - major, minor, or cosmetic etc.

[Complete] Heroes

A complete hero is chosen by the hero's creator. They will pm me or a moderator and have them mark the hero as [Complete]
A hero marked [Complete] will be sticky'd, and be given a pole with the question: "good enough to make it into the game?" with the possible answers being yes and no

Read through the hero suggestion, and vote weather the suggestion should make it in *as is* you are allowed to suggest only *Minor Changes and Number Tweeks*

• If a hero has more than 10* 'yes' votes, more than 90% 'yes' votes after 1 week, or more than 80% 'yes' votes after 2 weeks, it will be moved to the Hero Voting section
  • If a hero gets less than 50% 'yes' votes after 1 week, it will be moved back to the Incomplete Heroes section
  • If a hero gets less than 25% 'yes' votes, it will be deemed unworthy and closed**

*this number is subect to change in relation to the popularity of the forum
**no one is stopping a suggester to repost his/her suggestion again, making enough changes to hopefully be accepted
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:46 pm

What should an [Incomplete] hero look like?

Basically anything. I can grab up any hero that I think should make it, looks interesting, or that catches my attention in any way (usually a neet coding mechanic or effect)
The best way to grab my attention on a hero is to structure the post like most of the heroes in the Development Forum.
Another way is to have skills that work in a new or interesting way. Overcomplication is bad, but avoid vanilla WC3 spells.

What should a [Complete] hero look like?

To make it into complete heroes, a hero suggestion must have *at least* the following:
a complete name and title: [hero name] - [hero title]
complete and not random stats: 20 + 2, 15 + 1.5, and 25 + 2.5 would be an example of random stats
estimate movespeed and range values
5 skills: 1 innate with *6* levels, 3 basic skills with 4 levels, and 1 ultimate with 3 levels

things that would be nice:
a proposed hero model
proposed icons for skills
some possible coding/mechanics for skills (its ok if you dont know code, but something like "makes a dummy unit that moves to location with the immolation skill" would work)

then once a hero in the developement forum has these requirements met, and pms a me or a mod, it waits for a period of 1-3 days as [Incomplete], then gets marked [Complete]
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down