A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_vote_lcap63%Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_vote_lcap38%Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do)

4 posters

Go down

Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) Empty Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do)

Post by John_Wall Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:02 pm

Overall build for Master of the Watch below, everything is balanced to the point where he cant be balanced anymore Smile

bionics > jetpack > biological stimlulous > hydraulic suit > close combat weapon > power weapon > force weapon > witch blade > build singing spear

First thing is first, bionics and jetpack for the strength, health regen, movespeed.

Hydraulic suit is the armor you want for him, many make that mistake with going pure health and tank like build. Hydraulic gives you strength for health and damage, strong health regen, agility, and more for combat DPS and tankage.

Next you want to build for INTELLIGENCE, MANA REGEN, AND DAMAGE. Another common mistake, after many months of playing this ive found that you go OOM(out of mana) within a couple casts very easily, so this is why you guild singing spear.

Singing spear gives:
Burns 30 mana each hit +10 damage +25 intell +10 strength +100% mana regen

As you can see, strength for a bit more health, damage to actually pose some kind of threat.. +100% mana regen and +25 intell for mana, so you can continually cast your honor guards, throw frags to damage and slow, and after orbital bombardment you wont be sitting there going "ugh cant kill him no mana"

After you have both your HEALTH (HYDRAULIC ARMOR) and damage/mana (SINGING SPEAR) you can now build your accessory which is vital for Master of the Watch...

Your honor guard that you summon are very powerful, great use of challenge(taunt) with your honor guard champion, and deal good damage.
- Your next item is Sacred Standard
Waaagh! banned (attack/movespeed) (strength)> chapter banner (+9% additional damage aura to stack with command aura they already have) > sacred standard

Sacred Standard:
+15 str +10 agi +10 intell +16% damage aura 16% attack speed and 4% movespeed aura Active: battlecry: +6 armor and +7 regen

Once again, strength for tank/damage, agi for attack speed to deal out that damage fast, 10 intell for mana, and many more auras to support your honor guard, yourself, and others around you.

From there on out depending if the game is going you can continue to stack more health or damage to become godlike. By sacred standard game should be close to finishing though.

Gameplay/ roll of Master of the Watch:
- Farmer, master of the watch along with his honor guard is essential to farming, and getting powerful late game. Pretty useless untill you get your ulti and your last level honor guard for challenge/orbital bombardment/frag grenade combo.

- What you want to level up first
Honor guard > armor aura > honor guard > frag > honor guard > orbital bombardment > honor guard > frag > frag > frag then max out whatever is less, you always want to level up your honor guard first, at level 2 get the level 1 armor aura for some additional armor in your troops, then max out frag grenade and the rest of ulti/aura.

- How to play?
Harass with your honor guard, use them to their potential, someone gets up close hit them, dont let them farm, and keep your lane in control hence the word AoS.
Untill you can actually do something with ultimate and challenge, farm farm farm is the name of the game, Master of the Watch IS NOT a ganking hero...only if someone is nearly dead and staying in their lane should u run up and frag them.

Thanks for reading, give me your comments/ratings whenever.
John_Wall
John_Wall
Scout Initiate
Scout Initiate

Back to top Go down

Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) Empty Re: Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do)

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:21 pm

hm, i find that an early spirit stone coves a lot of his mana problems early game.
have you thought about getting them inbetween bionics and jetpacks?

and whats your take on Drop Pod Assault?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do) Empty Re: Guide: Master of The Watch (not what most do)

Post by Glycine Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Lolololol, drop pod. Spirit Stone's helpful, I would say, and can be gotten after hydraulic suit with little or no difficulty.

You should also address his weaknesses, though. Mad Dok will stone-wall you faster than you can say, "For the Emperor!". Any AoE magic attack also takes your summons out of the contest and hampers your farming ability. In addition to those pitfalls, Cato struggles against carry-type heroes mid to late game because he can't do enough to them and usually can't run away fast enough.

He does push rather well and is a monster support hero, with his armor aura (That might need a bit of a nerf), but don't expect him to do much else unless he's fed up enough to be a tank/dps with Thunder Hammer. >>
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Wall Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Thanks for bringing drop pod thats what i forgot, but drop pod i use mostly if i DO gank at any time, for instance hidding in a river drop pod on someones face in mid lol, if you can time it right, otherwise maybe to escape from people around me, the cast time is rlly long so i dont always find a right time to use it..

spirit stone would be good but its really alot of money, like i usually get mana regen later because early u dont rlly have too many spells that u need to use otherthan honor guard which is kinda alot, once in a while a frag etc
John_Wall
John_Wall
Scout Initiate
Scout Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:31 pm

spirit stones cost as much as a bionics... (ok well 400 more) and solves any early mana problems. allowing you to use grenade a ton more early game.
(im not making you change your guide, im just suggesting you test it out in a game or two and see how they work)

and see gly, ppl DO use pods Razz
and yes john, the channel time is a bit restrictive and is gona be lowered a bit
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Wall Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Yeap cool, spirit stone i totally believe would be good and i actually will try out a game and see if with my ingame finance managing my gold i can fit in a spirit stone, so a bionics and a spirit stone together would be good for mana and health regen, better laning, so thanks for the idea.

and yea drop pod with a bit lowered cast time would be cool
John_Wall
John_Wall
Scout Initiate
Scout Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Congrats, Grass, you found one person. Now go find a consensus. xD
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:37 pm

hey, you asked me to start asking around Razz
im 1/1 so far XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Wall Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:40 pm

haha, grass whats your thought on mana/manaregen items early on asuryan, i find is really helpful to spam bladestorm but not sure
John_Wall
John_Wall
Scout Initiate
Scout Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:47 pm

i havnt really come up with a build for him that i use all the time.

most of the time i play boring carry mode Razz
so i max stats and defend with one level in vambraces and blade storm. so max survivability and stats, last hit all my creeps, then come out on top late game

but there is definate merit in going bladestorm early. as to mana... thats his only spell so you should be able to get by on mark of tzeench and mind stabalizers really.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Wall Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:54 pm

alright thanks thats what i thought
John_Wall
John_Wall
Scout Initiate
Scout Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Surprised So i'm like the only guy that uses warp icon or staff build up stuff for mana regen more than spirit stone?

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:37 pm

warp icon isnt good for captain, and neither is staff really
and spirit stone builds into singing spear (personally, i wouldnt get a spear on him... but w/e. not my guide)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Wall Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:53 pm

spirit stones are great cause it builds into things like the mana regen armor, singing spear, etc and its good for any time in the game
John_Wall
John_Wall
Scout Initiate
Scout Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum