A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_vote_lcap63%[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_vote_lcap38%[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord

+2
Grass Hopper
DeusMechanicus
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord Empty [Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord

Post by DeusMechanicus Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:54 am

I don't think we have a Broodlord yet, so, I'll start one...
Open to ideas, as always.

- - - - -

Imperial Designation: Broodlord
Common name: Leech-master
Species Name: Corporaptor Primus

Story
A product of the continual evolution of the Genestealer race, the Broodlord is the consummate hand-to-hand warrior. Lightning-fast and frighteningly strong, its diamond-hard claws can rip through adamantium as though it were silk. A Tyranid vanguard organism, swarms led by Broodlords often precede the main Tyranid advance, infiltrating enemy positions before launching a devestating assault on the elements of the enemy most dangerous to the main Tyranid army.

stats:
str: 24 + 2.5
agi: 19 + 2.4
int: 18 + 1.7

range: melee
movespeed: 310

Innate
Expand the Brood
Type: Cast
Mana:
CD:
Range: Melee

Kills targetted non-hero unit to summon a Genestealer (See Below). Max of 6.
25% whenever spawning a Genestealer, it will become a Patriarch (See Below), if one is not present.

Spoiler:

Skill #1
Toxic Hooks
Mana:
CD:
Range: Melee

Broodlord plunges his blades into the target, locking them together while the toxin is delivered.
Stuns Broodlord and target for .5 seconds.
Reduces target's MS by 5/7/12/15% and deals 10/15/20/30 dps for 10 seconds.

Skill #2
Adaptive Mutations
Type: Passive

Whenever the Broodlord kills enemy hero it gets 1/3/5/7 to STR, AGI, or INT until death (enemy hero's primary).

Skill #3
Scuttler Biomorph
Type: Cast / Passive
Mana:
CD:
Range: (See Below)

Whenever within 200 of trees and not within 400/300/300/200 of an enemy, the Broodlord is invisible.
While invisible, the Broodlord may target an enemy within 500/600/700/800 and dash towards it.
If Broodlord runs into an allied or enemy unit, the dash is interrupted and Broodlord becomes visible.
Broodlord gains 10/17/25/32% IMS while Dashing. Dispels immediatley upon becomming visible.
If Broodlord reaches the target, Broodlord becomes visible, the target is stunned for .5/1/1.5/2 seconds.

Ultimate
Rending Claws
Mana:
CD:
Range: Self
Duration:

The Broodlord's claws rip through adamantium like it was cloth. When active Broodlord's attacks cause Rupture (I don't know a good distance = dmg ratio)
Broodlord's attacks also reduce armor by .5/1/1.5 per hit, to a max of -4/6/8. Armor reduction lasts 10/20/30 seconds after spell ends.

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:52 am; edited 12 times in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord Empty Re: [Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:19 pm

regular skills have 4 levels Razz
other than that it looks rpetty good Very Happy
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord Empty Re: [Tyranid] Tyranid Infiltrator - Broodlord

Post by Fromundaman Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Indeed it looks pretty good.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:28 pm

Oo;

You two must have missed the -50% movement speed debuff for FIFTEEN seconds.

As for other skills:

Genestealers:
25% chance to summon a unit that hits very hard in TT is a bit much, especially off a kill. Might need to elaborate on stats and lower the chance of summon.

Toxin: DoT looks good, just lower the movement speed debuff.

Mutations: Till death means that if he kills a caster, gains 5 int, and then dies, he loses that 5 int? Seems like you want him to be ganked...

Also, passive invis seems a bit op, since it doesn't run out. You could just hang by the trees and level up, plus there's no disappearance time, so it would be hard to catch that hero as is.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:41 am

its a numbers thing Razz the important part is that it slows for a while.

and the passive invis is very limited in its uses, 200 is just over half of Karandras' innate's range, and there cant be enemies near u to become invis.

the hero might prove to be op, but i think its pretty ok now, could definatly use a few tweeks but w/e so do most heroes
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:11 am

Glycine wrote:Oo;

You two must have missed the -50% movement speed debuff for FIFTEEN seconds.

As for other skills:

Genestealers:
25% chance to summon a unit that hits very hard in TT is a bit much, especially off a kill. Might need to elaborate on stats and lower the chance of summon.

Toxin: DoT looks good, just lower the movement speed debuff.

Mutations: Till death means that if he kills a caster, gains 5 int, and then dies, he loses that 5 int? Seems like you want him to be ganked...

Also, passive invis seems a bit op, since it doesn't run out. You could just hang by the trees and level up, plus there's no disappearance time, so it would be hard to catch that hero as is.

Heh, I had indeed missed that.

For the genestealers though, at first I thought that too, but then I saw that with his innate at max level, he can only have 5. So basically, while it'll proc a lot, it won't actually spawn anything most of the time, especially since at innate level 1 it only spawns one.
That being said, depending on their stats/duration, it may need a nerf.

Mutations: It encourages ganking, while encouraging other players to gank him. Seems fair to me.

The passive invis may need a duration, fade time, and CD, but it seems good as a skill.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:16 am

Glycine wrote:It's much easier to make an OP hero and tone down skills than to get skills right the first time. ^^;

From one of your posts in Vulkan He'stan...

Anyway, I can focus on reworking the numbers once I come up with an Ult..
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:14 pm

Indeed it may be, but that doesn't stop people from commenting on it. Razz

Although I think we all know most of us are sane individuals.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:52 pm

I changed some things... I need ideas for an Ultimate. I'm still drawing a blank.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:56 pm

hmm, i dont know why u nerfed the number of stealers possible Razz the people are complaining about a summon they dont even know the stats of Razz and i would prefer to have *more* cause u know... nids Razz just make stats lower to compensate. (damage tho, not hp... cause then they die to easy to aoe)

im not sure i like toxin sacs for the name of the first skill Razz call it implant attack? cause toxin sacs definatly doesnt do that. other than that i like it. possibly too much self stun just for a pretty bad slow Razz (oh yeah, buff the slow numbers)

addaptive is good, the numbers might be too high... but w/e XD

scuttlers is still good. i like that one

and for the ult... its gota be the skill that ties up the skillset/role/theme... good luck Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:01 am

Agreed with what Grass said... except I think the adaptive numbers are fine, considering that you won't always get the same stat, and that the only way for it to become OP is if the player is so much better than anyone that he would have raped anyway.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by billiam Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:00 am

What you are currently calling toxin sacs could easily be named "flesh hooks" the effect is pretty much what it does holds a foe so they can be hit. I think a fair adaption of the skill to an aos.

And as for an ulti some ideas
Acid maw (active skill) 20/30/40 dps for 10 sec

Implant attack (active) 50 of strength(or main stat did i miss what it was) is added to damage for 3/5/9 sec
(both of these skill would make someone think twice about being caught alone with him)

Adrenal glands -an attack speed boost

And one i think could make things very intresting
Ripper swarms- when cast players units and ally heroes within 300 will gain ripper swarms fighting between their feet.
Ripper swarms do 10 dps and last for 3/5/7 sec (could be OP with spaws but idk)

billiam
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:00 am

Well, one of his skills allows him to gain stats for each kill, but if he dies, he loses all those bonuses.

So to maximize stat gain, you need to make him very, very hard to kill. Because he's going to be a target for ganks if he starts racking kills.

Or you can make him extra killy, like what orks do. Razz
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:35 am

well, hes got stuns and an invis skill, which makes up for the focus-me-ness
and yaeh, flesh hooks would work good as a name change. (unless for some reason you *reall* want to call it toxin sacs... then the effects dont make sense... but just a name change works)

and i dont really like the ripper swarms for a broodlord Razz
and tbh, none of the other ideas are very interesting by themselves... maby you could change them up a bit to be a bit less generic.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:44 am

The reason I have it as "Toxin Sacs" because the TT description is: "This tick-like parasite feeds on the host and excretes letha poisons into or over its weapon-symbiotes. Poisons created vary widely, from agonising paralytic neurotoxins to aggressive necrotic enzymes, all swimming with deadly Tyrannic phage cells." The actual rule gives the Tyranid +1 Strength (which never did make sense to me, but, meh). And, I agree with Grass about the Rippers.. Genestealers are the first Tyranids on the planet, and Rippers are the very last.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:59 am

yeah, but that description doesnt really lend itself to a hold like spell. the slow works, but not the hold
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:45 pm

i originally had it as a cast that would deal extra dmg / dot for each attack, but I changed it. Thus the name. But, really, no one has any ideas for Ults? X_x
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Lol

Use those rending claws. Razz

Rupture, armor loss.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:49 am

Alright. Updated acouple of things in OP. Need to start on the Genestealer and Patriarch stats..
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:19 pm

ok, rending claws actually works p[retty good in there Very Happy
scuttlers and adaptive need 4 levels Razz

i dont think geanstealers should be melee or ranged. partly cause its alot harder to code that way Razz if not impossible.
oh, and can the skill target any team?

things to consider for rupture:
toxin sacs slow, and u have two stuns that will reduce the effectivness of rutpre
whats the duration?
at 50% of distance as damage, moving 300 will cause 150 damage (thats the average base ms, most heroes move that in one second)

some comparisons:
kharn's rupture lasts 3 seconds, dealing 50% of distance, but the target is also sloed by 25%, so thats 225 ms from the slow, moving 675 distance max, taking a maximum of 337 damage.
thats also on a low % chance.

see what u can make of that Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:21 am

moving to dev. more nid heroes!
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:36 pm

deus, we need some stats for the geanstealers Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Wha..?
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:38 pm

nowhere did u post the stats for the geanstealers Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:38 pm

that are spawned from the innate
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next