A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_vote_lcap63%StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_vote_lcap38%StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated

2 posters

Go down

StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated Empty StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Now, it may be my relative newness to the editor, but i generally pick up things very quickly, and i already understand how the editor works (mostly), but really, it took me several hours just to create a custom unit and get it working properly.
This entailed: copying the base unit, creating its weapons, damage effects, and giving it 3 abilities. *several hours* untill it was working properly.

i almost miss the wc3 editor's object editor.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated Empty Re: StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated

Post by Dynasty Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:46 pm

man that is sucks hopefully it will get quicker as you learn, but i dont know what to tell ya i don't use the editor just do the game. toss ftw! lol

when you say custom unit can you actually customize its looks like a skin or just its abilities and stuff?
ill try out the editor and see if i can help you, but i highly doubt it. haha.
Oh and what you working on?
Dynasty
Dynasty
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated Empty Re: StarcraftII Editor: Needlessly Complicated

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:48 pm

i have a custom marine that shoots a burst of 4 shots that each do small splash damage.
it has 20 shields, a dummy ability button for the shields, the marauder slow, and the stimpack abilities.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynasty Sat May 01, 2010 7:54 pm

sounds pretty sick, there is a lot of shit you could probly do with it like voidray attack on a marine would be dirrrty
Dynasty
Dynasty
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynasty Mon May 03, 2010 10:54 am

yeah i have no idea, where you find the world editor for StarCraft II, do you have to be in the game to use it or do you have to download the editor somewhere?
Dynasty
Dynasty
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon May 03, 2010 4:37 pm

it came with the latest patch, its in your starcraft 2 folder
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynasty Tue May 04, 2010 2:45 pm

wow man that was ridiculously hard i couldn't even figure out how to change the damage or even what i was doing half the time.
Dynasty
Dynasty
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue May 04, 2010 4:40 pm

lol told you Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum