A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Sanguinius I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Sanguinius

5 posters

Go down

[Incomplete] Sanguinius Empty [Incomplete] Sanguinius

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Sanguinius, the Blood Angel

Spoiler:

Innate: Armor of the Angel
"When Fulgrim and Sanguinius met on Terra, it is said Sanguinius crafted for the Phoenician a statue of unmatched beauty depicting Fulgrim wreathed in phoenix fire. In return Fulgrim forged the Blood Angel a suit of angelic armor of such granduer and expertise few would ever see its like again."

Passive

Gives Sanguinius +2/4/6/8/10/12 armor. At level 4 and higher if Sanguinius would take enough damage to kill him, 15/20/25% chance to negate 50/75/100% of the damage.

Skill #1: Clairovoyance
"It is said Sanguinius knew of his fate before ever he boarded Horus' ship, and was often gifted to see iminent disasters."

Passive

Sanguinius is able to forsee his opponent's movements, finding ways to escape harm and deal extra damage. Gives 5/10/15/20% to dodge an incoming melee attack and 5/*/10/*/15/*% chance to deal .5/.7/.1/1.5x his base damage in extra damage with every attack.

Skill #2: Spear of Telesto
"The great and terrible Spear of Telesto, forged by the most brilliant tech-priests of Mars, whose haft holds a Purity Seal handwritten by the Emperor himself."

Passive / Castable

Gives Sanguinius +20/40/60/80 dmg. When cast, a burst of psyker energies flies towards a target within 600/700/800/1000 range. The energy hits all enemies in its path dealing 150/200/300/450 dmg, losing 10% of its dmg with every hit until it strikes the target.

Skill #3: The Angel of Baal
"Incredibly wide, and powerful pinions bear aloft the Blood Angels Primarch."

Cast

Sanguinius' wings allow him to travel from point to point on the battlefield faster than any marine with a jump pack. Grants the ability to fly to any visible point on the map. If Sanguinius travels more than 1600/2000/2400/2800 in a single flight such exertion tires him, lowering his ability to fight effectively. He then suffers -10/8/6/4 armor,
-20/15/10/5% IAS, is unable to cast Sanguinala and Clairovoyance no longer takes effect for 12/10/8/6 seconds after landing.

Ultimate: Sanguinala
"The Blood Angels' successor chapters carry with them a dark heritage, the Red Thirst, which can, arguably, be traced back to the Siege of Holy Terra, in the battle before the Eternity Gate, where it is said Sanguinius became more beast than man. Became a true angel of blood, laying to ruin entire swathes of traitor marines."

Cast

(Coming Soon)

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:05 am; edited 21 times in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Sanguinius Empty Re: [Incomplete] Sanguinius

Post by cellrawr Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:07 pm

That ult better have something to do with breaking a bloodthirsters back!

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:18 pm

LoL
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Ultimate: Sanguinala
"Sanguinius is a badass ... and kills Bloodthirsters."

Activated

If an opposing player is using Bloodthirster and engages Sanguinius is melee, Sanguinius automatically wins and the Bloodthirster gets his back broken.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:00 pm

moved to sandbox

edit:

inbefore gly says no primarchs Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Already said it to deus, Grass. Razz

NO FUCKING PRIMARCHS! Unless you designate a special mode for them, they're not able to be balanced in any semblance to what they represented.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:46 pm

That's assuming you need to make primarchs op because they are primarchs.

We don't purposefully make heroes better than others cause they are/would be in TT. So why are primarchs an exception?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Because primarches are dead, missing, or so obscenely powerful as daemon princes that it takes more force than 5 heroes can provide. Eldrad is the only dead hero we had, and even then, he died relatively recently. Unless you want to rewrite the fluff and have all the primarchs magically come back to live and be weaker than they normally would, they aren't in the map. Razz

To be fair, they don't even exist in TT. Think about why for a second.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:08 pm

And that is a better reason.
We have ctan and greater daemons in the map. And heroes like a commissar and a Psyker and a runtherd. How the hell are the latter supposed to match up against the former? But since we don't balance around relative TT stats, it works.

Your assuming they have to be op cause they are primarchs. Does bloodthirster have to be better than the runtherd simply because he is a blood thirster? No. That's flawed reasoning.
There is no reason we have to make them more powerful than every other hero.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:31 pm

Regardless, I believe the fact they're dead/missing/too powerful to appear in TT overrules the desire to put them into a game that's already horrendously unbalanced and still buggy. No offense to your coding, grass, but there's still a lot of stuff we haven't picked up. Isn't adding conventional heroes somewhat more balanced, in theory, then having to take an imbalance individual and shift him down to normal levels?

Because, if you're just going to make him a normal hero, you might as well give him a name other than a Primarch. To remove the distinction between what once was in the form of the primarch and what is currently in the space marines makes a mockery of all the stuff that's been written about them in the past.

I could regale you with why they shouldn't be in, all over again, but it would just be a waste of my time. Most of the current relationships are within the bound of reason. Greater Daemons and C'tan fluctuate in power highly, depending on the circumstances, and it's not unreasonable to assume that against a huge waaaaagh, a runt herd with 1,000 grots can simply overwhelm a bloodthirster by means of units. What IS unreasonable is bringing units that died or went missing 10,000 years ago and trying to justify that, just because they're special space marines.

By the way, you forgot to make new veil slow. xD
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:32 pm

But the Emperor will return and gather his fallen sons to him and give them new life for the final battle against Chaos! So... Ha.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Glycine wrote:Regardless, I believe the fact they're dead/missing/too powerful to appear in TT
non struck are valid arguments.
struck are not.

overrules the desire to put them into a game that's already horrendously unbalanced and still buggy...
Isn't adding conventional heroes somewhat more balanced, in theory, then having to take an imbalance individual and shift him down to normal levels?
applies to all heroes.
every hero must be balanced
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:20 am

Still, you're being rather roundabout. Are my arguments strong enough or are you still going to go over them and put primarchs in anyway? xD
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:24 am

>.>

ive been over this before
im not pushing to implement primarchs

you have yet to give a valid reason why they shouldnt be in
(other than them being dead/lost/not readily available, that is valid)
most heroes in 40k come with fluff that says they can kill armies at a time, or at least squads. or at least they are superior to everything else in the universe.

if someone comes up with a skillset for a primarch, and its good enough, there is no reason not to implement it
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:32 am

Also.
Ghazghul thrakka.
I'm pretty sure he's dead too.

was mis-informed

I'm not pushing to have primarchs in. And, being space marines, they would be pretty low on priorities. I'm just keeping an open mind about possible heroes.

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:19 pm

We need Primarch Mode ... right meow
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Son007 Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:20 am

Soooo... Is this the person who's blood is in 'Red Grails'? Kinda hard to live when your blood is in some cups?
I'll post something about the skills so far.

Armor of the Angel: Put a cool down on the negate and maybe make all levels give the chance instead of just 4+. Even if the first two levels are 0 and the third is 5% then 10%. It's at least something.

Clairovoyance: A 5% chance to deal x1 damage? That's a small chance for such low damage. Why not like 10% for 0.8/1.0/1.2/1.4 damage as extra damage?

Spear of Telesto: Increase the initial damage. 220/198/178/160/144. Do something like: 140/180/220/260 -10% per unit hit. Increase the range, like 1000/1150/1300/1450. The bonus damage is meh.

The Blood Angel: "I... Want..."

Sanguinala: "Brains..."

Hurry up!

Glycine wrote:To be fair, they don't even exist in TT. Think about why for a second.
Is it because they are dead, missing, or so obscenely powerful as daemon princes?
Son007
Son007
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:52 am

Yes, it is the blood of Sanguinius, the Angel of Baal, Primarch of the Legion IX, the Blood Angels, contained within the Red Grail. Or atleast, at one point the grail contained his blood. It's doubtful after so long any of it remains (though Space Marines do love their rituals). Though the ritual itself is largely useless, mostly symbolic, as the blood of Sanguinius already runs through everyone of the successor chapters marines' veins. Thus why the Black Rage and Red Thirst are seen in all the chapters.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down