A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] necron pariah I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] necron pariah I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] necron pariah I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] necron pariah I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] necron pariah I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] necron pariah I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] necron pariah I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] necron pariah I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] necron pariah I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] necron pariah I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] necron pariah I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] necron pariah I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] necron pariah I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] necron pariah I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] necron pariah

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] necron pariah Empty [Incomplete] necron pariah

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:08 pm

Tomas Macabee - Necron Pariah

Story:
Crafted from a terrible symbiosis of Necron technology and human evolution, Pariahs represent the next phase of the C'tan's ideal for the galaxy. Resembling artificial beings of soulless perfection, Pariahs radiate a sense of palpable menace and horror to those around them. Blotting out psychic emanations and infusing those nearby with the sense of their own mortality, Pariahs embody the ultimate horror of the Necron threat.

stats:
strength: 23 + 2.5
agility: 16 + 1.7
intelligence: 16 + 1.7

range: melee
movespeed: 290

innate: Blacksoul
*description. The pariah disapates the debuffs on nearby units, gaining 2/3/4/5/6/7% oh his max hp for each unit affected. Also has a 10/15/20/25/30/35% chance to silence heroes for 2/3/4/5/6/7/8 seconds.
400/450/500/550/600 aoe
manacost: 120/125/130/135/140/145, cooldown: 30/28/26/24/22/20.

one: Palpable Dread
The pariah is a terryfying creature to fight against, its presence alone causes unease and apprehension. The Pariah can harness this power and force nearby enemies to cower in fear. Nearby creeps take 30/40/50/60% of their max hp in damage over 10 seconds, and enemy heroes become silenced and slowed by 35% for 4 seconds.
Aoe: 300/325/375/400
manacost: 140/155/170/185; cooldown: 22/21/20/19 seconds

two: Psychic Null
Pairahs, unlike every other living creature, have no presence in the warp, where psykers draw their power. This trate is very disconcerting for psykers as they attempt to use their powers, often becoming distracted or intimidated by the Pariah's non-presence. Whenever a spell is cast around the pariah (not including the pariahs spells), nearby creeps will become stuned for 3 seconds, and heroes have a 20/25/30/35% chance to lose 10/12/14/16% of their maximum mana. Canot trigger more than once every 8/7/6/5 seconds.
Aoe: 450/500/550/600

three: Warscythe
Pariahs are equiped with the deadliest weapon known to man: the Warscythe, a deadly weapon covered with super-phasic fields capable of slicing a battle tank in two. Those marked by a Warscythe are weakened by the contact with other-worldly energies. Every attaack made by the Pariah reduces his targets armor by 1, and has a 10% chance to deal 2/2.5/3/3.5x the Pariah's damage

ult: Living Metal
The Pariah's body are a combination of human and necron metals, giving it a unique property among Necrons. Allowing them to regenerate at much faster rates, but not allowing them to phase like other necrons can. Gives 6/8/10 bonus armor, and heals the periah for his current hp over 50 seconds whever it drops below 30/40/50%

i still need to add some better descriptions for a skill or two, but this is pretty much the finished concept

Spoiler:

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] necron pariah Empty Re: [Incomplete] necron pariah

Post by Fromundaman Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:03 pm

A possible ulti idea for him:

Have him TP a short distance (actually, disappear completely), and reappear at the targetted point from a Monolith, which itself would rain destruction for 5-6 seconds (very fast attack, every 5th attack is a much stronger AoE attack.).
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:17 pm

i want the monolith to be a tian for titans mode Razz which would have phoenix fire like gauss flux arcs, and its regular attack would be the particle whip. units could 'move-click' it to do the phase thing. and it would prolly haev a regen aura, and be god awfully ahrd to kill
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:26 pm

Ah, okay then. Nevermind.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:20 am

I don't think Pariah can phase. Same reason they can't use "We'll be back!", they still have some organic parts.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:47 am

I really have no clue about the numbers. Thus why most of them are labeled A, B, C, et cetera.

Tomas Macabee, Necron Pariah

STR:
AGI:
INT:

Tomas Macabee was a Pariah in service of the awakening Necron army on Kronus. Having somehow retained his personality after being remade, he now served as spokesman and advisor to the Necron Lord of Kronus, who preferred to remain silent throughout the campaign.

Before his conversion by the Necrons, Tomas Macabee was an Professor of Archeology at Aceria Xeneology Institute. He was the leader of the Tau-funded El’eia Expedition team that accidentally awoke the slumbering Necrons beneath Thur'Abis Plateau. While most of the team were slaughtered by the Necrons, Tomas instead submitted to the immortal creatures and was remade into a Necron Pariah.
--
Crafted from a terrible symbiosis of Necron technology and human evolution, Pariahs represent the next phase of the C'tan's ideal for the galaxy. Resembling artificial beings of soulless perfection, Pariahs radiate a sense of palpable menace and horror to those around them. Blotting out psychic emanations and infusing those nearby with the sense of their own mortality, Pariahs embody the ultimate horror of the Necron threat.

Blacksoul [Innate - Cast]
Devour Magic, Pariah gains A/B/C/D/E/F% Max HP / Mana for each unit Debuffed within 400/450/500/550/600 AoE around Pariah. 10/15/20/25/30/40% to Silence enemy Heroes for 2/3/4/5/6/8 Seconds.
G/H/I/J/K/L Mana. M/N/O/P/Q/R Second CD.

Psychic Null [Passive / Activated]
Activated when enemy Hero casts a spell within AoE. War Stomp, targets enemy Creeps in 450/500/550/600 AoE around Pariah, deals no dmg. 20/25/30/40% chance to Mana Burn enemy Heroes within AoE for 10/15/*/20% of their Current Mana, mana burnt this way does not deal dmg.
Can only be activated every 8/7/6/5 Seconds.

Warscythe [Passive]
Pariah's melee attack reduces attacked enemy's armor by .2. The negative is removed if the target is not hit again within 3 seconds. Stacks as long as target continues to be hit. 5/10/*/15% to Crit for x2.

Palpable Dread [Cast]
Enemy creeps within 300/325/375/400 AoE around Pariah take damage equal to 15/30/45/60% of their Max HP over 10 seconds and are Stunned for the duration. Heroes within same AoE become striken with fear, suffering reduced MS, -X armor and Silence for 4 seconds.
A/B/C/D Mana. E/F/G/H Second CD.

Living Metal [Ultimate - Passive / Activated]
Passivley gives Pariah +3/+5/+7 armor. Activated when Pariah reaches 20/35/50% HP, heals Pariah's HP over 18/16/14 Seconds.

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:30 pm; edited 22 times in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:14 am

im confused as to why he has devour magic and sleep... but it could work
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:53 am

He eats debuffs. Hence why he can cast silence and sleep. Think of it like Gorgutz's innate. You have to choose between the heals and the damage buff. In this case, you choose between the heal and the debuff.

Basically, with the innate and 1st skill, you get to mana burn all heroes, put creeps to sleep, wake them up by healing, and at the same time silence the heroes. If anything, the two skills compliment each other quite nicely.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:01 pm

i was thinking fluffwise Razz i now see the usefullness of having them... but i dont see why a pariah does
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:35 pm

The Necron Pariah have no presence in the Warp. Free of the corrupting energies, their metal bodies project an aura capable of blotting out psychic emanations while generating rampant terror in all who draw near to them.

That explains the Blacksoul. The devour magic represents the aura blotting psychic emenations and freeing their bodies of corrupting energies?

The sleep though, I can't justify. Maybe a debuff would be better, then eat that instead?
Mana Burn on heroes can also tie in to the blotting of psychic emenations.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:03 pm

ok, it makes sense now Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:39 pm

Deus, I can't wait to see the rest! I'm loving it so far!
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:01 am

Warp energies are hard to control in the presence of Pariah. It's not 100% you can't tap into psychic powers around a Pariah, but it makes it 10x riskier than it usually is. That's why I had the Mana Burn, but looking back it might make more sense (in regard to fluff accuracy) to have that as an Activated, as an enemy casts a spell (like Mana Flare). Anyway, meant to symbolize enemy Heroes losing control for a moment. I'm not sure why I chose Sleep... I'm drawing a blank on that one myself. How about a creep-only, no dmg version of War Stomp (that's the mass Stun one, right?), 'cause the lesser minds of the creeps are paralyzed from fear ("infusing those nearby with the sense of their own mortality").

For his missing skill I'm thinking something like "Living Metal", a limited regeneration (part metal, part flesh, say if Pariah falls below 50% it'll get added regen or something), a 'Curse' like effect (% for enemy to miss, perhaps out of fear?), or a summon of some kind. I kind of want to give him a Passive, but I'm having a hard time coming up with what it might be (other than the aforementioned "Living Metal"). I'm glancing through my Codex and looking at some sites online. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something that'll fit (suggestions always welcome!).

And finally for Warscythe... I haven't played DoW:DC in awhile, but I think it's the Pariah, maybe it's the Immortal, but when they attack in melee they knockback. Was thinking cone-shaped infront of him, 200 range (it's a scythe, afterall), some dmg with an "X" distance knockback, or dmg / chance to knockback and afew second stun (to symbolize the time it takes to stand back up).
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:10 pm

ok, psychic null works how it is right now, altho i agree, do a stun on creeps insead of a sleep. or make it a passive 'manaflare' type skill, where when they cast a spell, theres a chance to be (manaburned or damaged)
and activates to stun nearby units (Creeps for much longer than heroes - something like 5 seconds, and 1.5 for heroes)

and im thinking use living metal for this passive... cept ill prolly wanna use living metal for the monolith Razz but i can change it around a bit...
anywho, living metal works the best, because he needs to be in the thick of things to get his spells done (psychic null is self aoe right?) and so he'll be taking hits, and will need to regen... (maby when he hits 30/40/50/60% hp, he will regen his current hp over 10 seconds or someting...)

and warscythe: most necrons knocked people down iirc... and TT-wise, warscyths ignore even invul... it would make a lame passive... so i think your knockback idea works best... but that would make a weak ultimate...

you could switch living metal or psychic null for warscyth, cause they seem to fit being an ult better
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:11 pm

I think the monolith's living metal can be made much different and much more awesome. Just read almost all the fluff on Necrons in the codex, and considering 3 IG have violent seizures just LOOKING at a fragment of a monolith, I think you could do something with that for it instead.

In DC, Warsythe sometimes knocked them down, but it was the Flayed Ones who did KB on every attack (which was actually kind of annoying, since you couldn't target KBed units.). HOWEVER, the Pariahs did inflict perma damage reduction on any units they hit.
Maybe make it give a small stacking damage reduction per attack (say 2-4 seconds, to make it so consecutive attacks would yield a big debuff, whereas a few here and there would barely affect the unit.)?
Just a suggestion.

For the passive, while I like Living Metal, I'll make another suggestion as well (Don't think it better, just throwing another choice in there):
Carriers of the Pariah gene have been a source of shame and terror to the Eldar for millenia (Especially the Mon' Keigh Culexus Assassins). On a similar theme, the Necrons are a race that strikes terror into the hearts of their enemies (Hell the Necrons are what put the Fear of Death into every race except the Orks). On top of that, their description says they radiate a sense of 'papable menace and horror' to all around them. Basically, maybe take all of that and turn it into some time of debuff symbolising this? (Maybe a MS debuff, or a very low chance of a 0.5-1 sec stun upon any offensive action in a small area around the Pariah? )
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:32 pm

Going to make "Loathsome Aura" into some kind of fear effect. Maybe reduced movement or attack speed.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:43 pm

hmm, ok... hes comming together Very Happy but can you explain psychic null? what do u mean by lessen effects of spells (if u mean reducing debuff time, thats not possible...) and reducing damage is... difficult... at best...
and does the warstomp happen whenever the passive is triggered, or is it a passive/active skill?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:06 pm

I was thinking like the GK's Aegis. And I was going to have it whenever the thing was triggered, like a backlash from the two energies clashing (Pariah's anti-Warp vs enemy's Warp).

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:07 pm

ah kk, so whenever an enemy casts a spell around u, all the effects happen?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:14 pm

There a way to change a spells target after it's been cast? Say Farseer casts Mind War on Pariah, could a trigger switch the target from Pariah to another unit around the Pariah?
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:16 pm

nope, not possible sry
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:24 pm

Damn.. Back to the drawing board. I think I might change the first two skills back to what I had them to begin with (minus the Sleep), 'cause I really like how they worked together. Still do, somewhat, but not as well. Might change up the name(s) to make it fit abit better.

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:24 pm

lol Razz if your talking about psychic null... what u have there is good
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Problem with a fearlike effect on Loathsome aura would be it's essentially the same thing as Flayed One's innate (I did think of it, but didn't suggest it for that reason.).
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:19 pm

depends how its done Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down