A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_vote_lcap63%Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_vote_lcap38%Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things

3 posters

Go down

Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things Empty Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things

Post by Fromundaman Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Let's start off with mana shield:

It is currently OPed. By end-game, int heroes get about 2k mana, and with an item that allows them to use a mana shield that absorbs 1.5 damage per mana, that's like giving int heroes an extra 3k hp that they can also use for spells and regens much faster than HP. With skills/items that increase mana regen even moreso, some heroes become almost unkillable in late game (Lord of Change, Zoan, Tao Pathfinder, and Big Mek are the first few that come to my mind, mainly because I've experienced it against all 4.).

My suggestion would be to either make Mana shield block 70%-80% damage by doing mana damage instead, and having the rest affect HP, or to make it block 0.5-0.8 damage per mana.

Also, Shadow Hunter is good. Too good in fact.
I think his ulti, while good how it is as a move, needs a slight cooldown, so you can't just keep reactivating it if the enemy tries to run. It also needs a better description. I wouldn't have figured it out if I hadn't already seen you explain it to someone (And it took me forever to explain it to others too).

Also, his skill that makes his agi increase every hit should either A) not affect buildings, or B) have a timer after which it resets if you haven't hit anything.
The reason I say this is because I found I could attack outposts to get that buff to it's max (Almost 200 base agi), then not attack anything until a hero comes around, use my ultimate, then have a bonus of around 230-240 damage per hit (which ironically enough, even when dealing 400-500 damage per hit like that, it's still not enough to kill the 4 int heroes I mentioned earlier with mana shield it seems...)

Finally, what exactly does Necron Lord's Gaze of Flame do? The description is obviously wrong, anf the only thing it seems to do right now is make the opponent switch targets momentarily.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things Empty Re: Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:58 am

gogo reverse order!
gaze of flame: stop = "s" = a stop command, not a stun or snare or any sort of disable Razz

biting blade: 96 agi max, and it will instantly reset on the begining of an attack, not when the attack damages. so he doesnt get the bonus damage from his built up agi when attacking heros.

shadow strike: yeah, i can give it a cooldown. and maby nerf the agi bonus a bit.

manashield: yah, ill prolly do a bit of both. 1 mana per damage, and make it block 80%

edit: hows this
While active, Karandras is untargetable, greatly faded and he gains bonus movement speed. The invisibility end if he comes too close to an enemy, but the bonus movement speed takes a few seconds to fade away. Karandras deals bonus damage based on his agility while he is still under its effects.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things Empty Re: Shadow Hunter, Mana Shield, and a few other things

Post by InflictedOwned Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:02 pm

I finally understand how the shadow hunter's ult works.

InflictedOwned
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:12 pm

lmao Razz sry for the not so obvious tooltip XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:15 am

Grass Hopper wrote:gogo reverse order!
gaze of flame: stop = "s" = a stop command, not a stun or snare or any sort of disable Razz

biting blade: 96 agi max, and it will instantly reset on the begining of an attack, not when the attack damages. so he doesnt get the bonus damage from his built up agi when attacking heros.

shadow strike: yeah, i can give it a cooldown. and maby nerf the agi bonus a bit.

manashield: yah, ill prolly do a bit of both. 1 mana per damage, and make it block 80%

edit: hows this
While active, Karandras is untargetable, greatly faded and he gains bonus movement speed. The invisibility end if he comes too close to an enemy, but the bonus movement speed takes a few seconds to fade away. Karandras deals bonus damage based on his agility while he is still under its effects.

That's... kind of pointless... I mean, it stop channeling, but yeah... If you want it to do that, maybe bring down the manacost by a lot, the cooldown by a certain amount, and make it single target? (That way you can interrupt focus firing and spell channeling, without it costing a third of your mana pool, and one target so that if, say, your ally is being chased, you don't stop him as well by accident. I finally understand how NL is supposed to be played, I think, and I think that would help fit in his general playstyle better.)

I don't think you understood what I meant. Biting blade can allow your base agility to go up to around 200. Shadow Strike allows you to get an attack buff based on the agility you had WHEN you were invis. So basically, if you go invis with 200 or so agility, your bonus damage is huge (200 or more.). Also, I may be wrong, but it seemed like the first attack when switching target does the damage that you had built up with your increased, since your agility reverts only AFTER the first attack.

The rest sounds good, and that tooltip/description sounds much better!
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:19 am

no, biting blade checks your agility on attack, as long as u haev the speed buff

and the machanics for biting blade: it chekcs at the START of an attack, and removes it before damage is dealt

edit: and an aoe stop, with a (now) 4 second cd, is alot more valuable than u think, specially considering it only costs 80 mana... which i mnight lower at lower levels if it needs it. also, it goes great with ur ult, cause heros can still focus u before their vision goes, so this way there is no way for them to do anythign once ur ult is on
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:40 am

My mistake. You're right.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:21 pm

Also, I don't know if this is intentional or not, but Grot Herder's innate skill seems to have a much higher percentage than it says at higher levels (Like when it told me I had a 5% chance to spawn a grot on hit, and I got one on each of my 8 next attacks.). Does the number of grots out affect the chance to spawn or something?

Also, when Grot Herder attacks a building, it always spawns a grot if he has less than a certain number out already (not sure quite what that number is atm though.). Is this intentional? It makes capturing outposts ridiculously easy.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:23 pm

its 5% per nearby dead unit Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:54 pm

Oh!

That makes more sense.
Does the tooltip say that? I checked a number of times and didn't see it anywhere, though I am good at missing obvious things.

Also, that's not what's happening against buildings. They spawn no matter what if there are less than a certain fairly high amount.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:57 pm

ur just getting luky then Razz cause its def the same for buildings, and im pretty positive its in the tooltip
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:15 pm

I can send you the replay again. This game went on for over an hour and 15, and I took most of the outposts. It was happening far too consistently to be luck (And it was awesome when taking enemy towers!).

I'm pretty sure this isn't like the SH thing, since it's much easier to see/observe.

That being said, I was playing .39, not .39b
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:26 pm

nothin changed involving bionik limbz from version 39 => 39b
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down