A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle - Page 2 Empty Re: [weapon][recipe]Rail Rifle

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:59 pm

have u seen the size of that thing? it needs stabilizers and shit im assuming Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Actually, no, its just bulky, making it harder to fire on the run. Its a sniper rifle first and foremost, making it something usually fired lieing down. Listen though, the only reason I'm so adamant about the rail rifle is because its my favorite 40k weapon ever. The reason that is is because I'm am interested in real rail rifles as well.

Also, the hydraulic suit would work well with the dual shuriken vambraces since the weapon is built into the armour.
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:14 pm

yeah that does make sense... but i wanna avoid having the shuriken vambraces... cause its a characters specific weapon... (only asurmen uses it)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:51 pm

Eh, please.....I like my shuriken vambraces idea. It could be like you chopped off asurmen's arms and took his vambraces or something. And it all makes sense item and recipe wise. Its not like the game totally sticks to fluff anyway, we could just make up a story. If you think you could replace these agility items with shuriken items, I will make up those items.
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:58 pm

Question: Are the stun numbers in the OP still correct?

I heard this was nerfed, but don't know by how much.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:13 am

The reason I didn't want to make this an intelligence weapon is because it wouldn't have as much use for an intelligence caster, no matter how much intelligence goes into the firing and use of the weapon.

Patience, accuracy, anticipation, and all those wisdom elements go onto firing a railgun, but railguns and spells don't tend to mix well, because most intelligence heroes don't have a very nice attack speed or any abilities to boost their dps (Exceptions being Autarch and Pathy).

Gameplay-wise, you can't make everything perfect. Since it's like a sniper rifle, ideally heroes should be lying down in a spot where they have line of sight and are able to attack from long range with the rail rifle. Unfortunately, there's fog of war to mess around with, the obvious drawback of not being able to move and being vulnerable to ambushes, and the fact that we can't design a weapon for only one type of hero.

Btw, Stun numbers are now 10%. I still don't like the stun. It should do bonus damage instead of a stun. ><

I'm sure we can do shuriken vambraces, though. Put in the effort for the items and it can happen. After all, it'd be hypocrisy if I didn't say so, since the rail gun is one of pathfinder's skills and I made a rail rifle.

Just make it unique.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:17 pm

I agree with the stun being a bad idea personally, especially when mixed with such a high ias % buff. Chars like Karandras, Asurmen, and Blood will rape with this weapon (And from what I hear, they already do.).
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:35 pm

im thinking i should change it to a crit, cause that makes more sense for the fluff
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Agreed, and that way you have a crit item as well.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:47 pm

and ill prolly put bash on a non-ias item Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down