A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death**

+5
walt_jabsco
Grass Hopper
DeusMechanicus
Fromundaman
Betrayer_kharn
9 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** Empty [Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death**

Post by Betrayer_kharn Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:29 pm

story:
The Nighbringer is death incarnate, a sadistic god with the power to unmake the stars. It delights in inflicting pain and suffering not only to feed, but simply because it can. Its gaze is death and tis might scythe has feasted on the deaths of civilisations. With a starship imbued with a measure of its power, the Nightringer has destroyed entier star systems on a whim and gorged itself on the death agonies of countless billions of lives.

Stats:
Str: 26 + 2.4<-
Agi: 16 + 1.7
Int: 18 + 2.0

range: 128(melee)
movespeed: 300

Innate: Immune to natural law
A being of emense power, the Nightbringer is immune the the natural laws of reality and can warp the space around it. It can walk on air and pass through objects. The Nightbringer has 7/12/17/22/27/32% evasion and ignores the effects of terrain.
note: regular ai pathing still applies.

Skill 1: Lightning Arc
Focusing the its immense power through its scythe, the Nightbringer unleashes a blast of lightning at his foes. All enemies in the target area take 100/150/200/250 damage and are knocked back 150/200/250/300 distance.
Range: 800, 250 Aoe. Cooldown: 17 seconds. Manacost: 95/105/115/125.

Skill 2: Fear of Death
The Nightbringer embodies every race's fear of death. He projects an aura of hate and fear that is so primal in every living creature, it becomes imensly difficult to conentrate near the Nightbringer, let alone engage in combat with it. Every second, units around the nightbringer have a 10% chance to be rooted with fear for .5/.6/.7/.8 seconds. Units that attack the nightbringer have a 10/15/20/25% chance to be stunned for 1 second. Units that cast spells near the nightbringer have a chance to break concentration and invite perils of the warp, having 5/9/13/17% of their max mana burned away.
Range: 250 aoe

skill 3: Ehteric Tempest
The Nightbringer conjurs unearthly winds from beyond the grave to buffet and displace his enemies, hurling them where he sees fit. A wind spawns from the taret point, flowing towards the nightbringer, pulling any units caught by the wind towards it. Units pulled by the wind take 10/20/30/40 damage per 100 distance dragged.
Range: 800, 250 aoe. cooldown: 24, manacost: 130/155/170/185.

Ultimate: Gaze of Death
The eyes of the Nightbringer blaze with a dark fire, draining the life force of those around him. The nightbringer disapates 10/20/30% of each nearby enemy's max life over 3 seconds, absorbing it and refilling his own life with the disapated life force of his enemies. Channeling
Range: 1000 aoe, cooldown: 190/180/170, manacost: 275/350/425.
note: i want to keep the life gained relative to the life drained, but i feel that it will either be too useless or too powerful, if testing proves that it sucks, he will instead gain just a straight 10/20/30% of his own life, no matter what he drains from others

Spoiler:

Last edited by Betrayer_kharn on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** Empty Re: [Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death**

Post by Fromundaman Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Hmmm... I was kind of hoping to make this hero, but yours essentially covers most of what I would have put in anyway.

That being said, I think you should put something about putting the fear of death into a unit (Hell, maybe even make it into his ulti somehow, since I don't remember anything in the fluff that even comes close to the ulti he has now. In fact, the C'tans traveled the universe feasting upon the stars before they met the Necrontyr, not created them.), since the Nightbringer is creditted for having put the fear of death into every race but the Orks.

Also, just so you know, the thing in the character description about why the C'tan went into stasis is wrong. They allied again against the Old Ones when there were only 4 left for fear of defeat, but the reason they went into stasis later was because they wanted to wait for new life to appear so that they could consume it, since they and The Enslavers (Chaos) had pretty much decimated everything, and that they knew that if they kept on, there would soon be no life left to consume.
(Check the 1st paragraph of the "C'tan entombed" section of fluff on page 26 of the Necron Codex to see what I'm talking about.)
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** Empty Re: [Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death**

Post by DeusMechanicus Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:48 pm

You got his backstory wrong.. When he got to the material plane he started feeding on the Necrontyr, until finally they were able to stop him by pledging undying loyalty and convincing him there was life beyond the Necrontyr homeworld- life much more satisfying for the Nightbringer's hunger. And it was the Enslavers, not the Old Ones, that forced the C'tan to go into stasis (Enslavers basically being beings of pure Immaterium, aka Anti-C'tan). I've never read anything about the Deceiver leading a fleet against Pavonis (Nightbringer's world), where did you find that?

And, yeah, C'tan didn't create stars. They killed them.

@Fromun: Damn you, you posted while I was typing! LoL
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:37 pm

well idk where either of you got your fluff but i got all mine from the necron codex which says everything i said haha Razz a war agaisnt the olds ones, the nightbringer eating other c'tan because the deceiver told him itd be amo re succulent feast, them going into stasis due to an enforcers plague and the old ones counter attack, and even the deceiver telling aliensabout the nightbringers homeworld and then aliens attacking it. its all in the codex under The nightbringer.

@fromu his ult is like that because although he personifies death he is still a c'tan and all c'tan (nightbringer included) have the ability of creation at the fingertips and seeing as how he eats stars and was born from a start just htought itd be fun and a lil more interesting then a fear of death
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:47 pm

They weren't born from stars, they were first discovered floating around stars, feeding on their energy. And they didn't have the power of creation. If they had the power of creation they wouldn't have needed the Necrontyr to use their creation (the Necrodermis is a Necrontyr invention) to give them bodies. They also wouldn't have needed to travel from star to star to feed, or they could have just created a plethora of things to feed off ... which they didn't, because they couldn't. Some of them did have ... unique skills, such as the Dragon being able to seemingly break, or even control, the laws of physics whenever it suited him. But, anyway. it's not 100% it was the Deceiver who convinced the Outsider and the Nightbringer to begin feeding on other C'tan. There are stories it was Cegorach, the Laughing God, who convinced them to do so.

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:58 pm

its says in the codex and i quote "The very star under which the necrontyr racel ived their brief, morbid lives gave birth to the vast sun-spanning energy that was the nightbringer" in other words the star of the necrontyr gave birth (e.g. created) the nightbringer so yes they were according to the codex

and idk where i read the ycreated but i got to go to work now so i dont have time to look i will try to find it again if not then ok cool beans i sitll think that this ult is interesting and fits it in his own way instead of imploding id jsut maek him eat it
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Yeah, out of context it does sound that way, but Kharne, you have to read the full fluff. It gave birth to what he became, not to his being.

Also, I gave you an exact page/paragraph where I found my info...

However, Deus, The Deceiver did reveal the location of the Nightbringer's stasis chamber and it came under attack due to it, but he escaped. I don't remember exactly where that is (I believe in the Deceiver's Fluff and some of the fluff at the beginning of the Codex, as there are 2 references to it.), but it's there.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:49 pm

To finish the quote, "In their quest for a weapon with which to defeat the Old ones, the Necrontyr turned to the mighty coalescent energy feeding within the photosphere of their star." That part is from the perspective of the Necrontyr... So, where they first saw it they assumed it was where it came from. So, you chose the wrong quote to back up your case- but fear not! For I found a quote that proves me wrong! "Long before planets had formed and cooled, the first self-aware entities emerged from the seas of plasma and mountainous flares of the suns themselves."

Ah, yeah, I just went back through and found the part. The Deceiver betrays Pavonis... And the aliens destroy the Nightbringer's followers so he can't feast on them while he slept. He would have died if it weren't for the Space Marines breaking into his tomb.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:02 pm

i agree, birth of a star doesnt fit the nightbringer at all XD everything else works tho
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:45 pm

again already stated make a star get summoned then he eats it same effect though lmao then that fits him just fine. cause theres not much else to go on and im sorry but putting the fear of death into units doesnt seem to fun and if i did manifest it into a skill itd prolyl be a stun or a slow of some sort which i jstu feel is already being used alot
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:24 pm

There are other ways to do that you know... (And before you ask what, I point to other heroes with moral effects that have been done without slow/stun/dmg reduc. What to do for this one, I'm not entirely sure yet, as the reason I hadn't posted this hero yet was because I didn't have all his skills figured out yet.)

To be fair though, your proposed ulti isn't exactly wrought with original effects either Razz
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:05 am

to be fair i never said it was wrought with original effects but the combination of what it does and the final effect are both original and the blind is still only in what 1-2 other heroes? so its alot more original then a moral effect lost thats jsut to be fair though Smile
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:15 pm

but still, creating a star is very contrary to how the c'tan work...
i think im still waiting for a proposed fear of death skill Razz (which i know can be done originally XD)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:28 pm

haha tne propose one because the only way to propose a "fear of death" which says oyu are scared to die cant really do damage to you seeing as how you dont get nuked for fearing death and to show fear you woould have to be immobilized or at least slowed Razz

but even so as i stated i could easily chagne the fluff

fluff: in their seek of technological perfection the necrontyr started to develop a tiny device that had immense ammounts of energy in it. this device could be used to create a mini star of sorts. which the nightbringer has learned to use to get a tiny bit of energy when needed.

then itd have same effect with amybe a small heal for the nightbringer or a huge hp regen boost

as for that story im not saying its true but theres nothing in the actual necron fluff that can say its false Razz because they were indeed tachnologically advanced so i just used that aspect to make a completely ficticious story which to even the biggest necron lover cant be proven false because tehres no mention to it anywhere Razz
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:34 pm

make it some kind of black hole effect [Incomplete] Nightbringer the C'Tan of Death** Icon_razz
scratch the 'star' part,.. oh wait... i just thought of something for the dragon XD nvm ignore this

edit: and oh, someone who brings death, should not be creating anything... XD just not making sense. not on the nightbringer anyway
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:21 pm

and hes not creating anything actually a machine is creting it and hes destroying by eating it Razz so again all i gotta do is change the fluff and the way the skills described Razz
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:31 pm

yes, that makes sense... but not for the nightbringer to have it...
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:12 pm

why not he feasts on the energy fo start to keep his power sustained so if the necrontyr developed somehting to make mini starts why would he not use it so he could east em granted wouldnt be enough to sustain him for a long time but for an aos it can be used to give him a sudden burst of energy Smile
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by walt_jabsco Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:33 pm

in his innate when it says he gains flight what does that mean exactly...can go over terain gain ms can tele? just curious also if the ult takes 6 seconds to start sucking people in woulndt everyone just run away
walt_jabsco
walt_jabsco
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:40 pm

yeah they could we can run awat but thats when u use etehric tempest to pull em back to you Razz we can reduce it if you want

and it means exactly that fly haha blink is blink i mean fly as in lieka gyrocopter or wyvern rider he flies Smile
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:46 pm

there ya go changed the fluff and the effect a little Smile
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:13 pm

So... For some inexplicable reason, the Necrontyr decided to waste vast amounts of energy to create a star that ... is useful to them how? C'tan aren't drawn to just any random object with energy (as shown when they completely ignored planets in favor of consuming stars)... it has to have a huge amount of energy to even catch a C'tan's interest. Also "Etheric Tempest" does exactly the opposite of what you have on here. Pushes everything away, doesn't draw them in.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:16 pm

1.) i know what mine does lol etehric tempest moves units in tt it moves them away but ultimately he controls the winds and the direction they flow so to better suit an aos i made him control it to make units fly towards him i would rather bring somehting to me then fling it away in an aos situation

2.) its not an inexplicable reason they worhsip the c'tan and they know that they consume stars and so to better please the c'tan they started developing a device to make stars and it was never finished. so its useful to them because it pleases the nightbringer and its in development and if we r going on the path of logic obviously you cant create a full blown star in the middle of a battleground of everything would instantaneously die and thats far to op for our AoS so i made it smaller and allowed the star to be a mini nove still rawr with energy jsut not overflowing with such and the nightbringer eats it for a burst of power and strength as i stated
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:40 pm

After the Necrontyr gave the C'tan bodies they fed off of living beings rather than stars (Stars don't have emotions to savor). Only C'tan I've ever read about still feeding off stars is the Outsider ... and that's most likely because he doesn't have worshippers, nor an army to gather sacrafices. Oh, and to feed off a star I'm pretty sure they would have to shed their necrodermis (even living metal would liquify in a star)... then have the body reforged so they could reinhabit it. Seems like a pain in the ass (not to mention lengthy process) for a snack with minimal output. Point is ... after crossing the starlight bridge the Nightbringer stopped feeding off stars. The Necrontyr would know this, and would be far too busy planning their war against the Old Ones to create a minor "snack" for their gods when there were trillions of species in the galaxy for them to feed on.

EDIT: And, the Nightbringer doesn't control the tempest. It doesn't really make sense that winds emanating from Nightbringer would bring units closer to him.

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:16 pm

lmao this is pointless because youre trying to argue the very fine lines i could do this with many others.

lucius= how does he instaneously and constantly "blink" around a target he cant
farseer= eldritch storm hits each uit once according to tt and fluff so then how is it capable of hitting the same target multiple times in the AoS

if i really wanted to you could probably find others so then should we too change their ults since they dont fit 100% no

i think on that aspect this ult works perfectly fien because even in that point if you had no followers (in our AoS he doesnt) and you had the ability to feast on somehting even the nightbringer would choose eating a star even a small one over nothing.

so yes if you wanna argue VERY fine point u can disprove my ult and many others in the game but the fact its an aos and to make it fun and entertaining you cna perfectly obey every little detail or it would be rather bland

and ok lets go off that most necrontyr know so then ill change my fluff once more:
"a rebel banad of necrontyr thought that eventually the nightbringer would run out of beings to feast on so started to develop a device capable of creating a star but never truly finished their device. The nightbringer came across this when he went to find his followers once again and uses it in this current battle until he cna once again gain followers to feast upon"
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next