A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Ultramarines: The Movie

+3
Fromundaman
DeusMechanicus
GhostIV
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ultramarines: The Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Ultramarines: The Movie

Post by tidest Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:58 pm

Oh that movie revealed at Gamesday in the UK? I personally think its going to be a shit storm but im going to buy it anyway haha. Its like going to see a shitty movie but it has your favorite actor so you see it anyway...

And just wondering do you guys think its going to be anything like those other Attempted Movies like, The one based on the Novel Bloodquest Or "Inquisitor" "Hive Infestation" "Blood for the Blood God" and "Damnatus"

although that last one got held up in Copyright tape soo it was never really a Moive... and the "Hive Infestation" and "Blood for the Blood God" ones were both just Teaser Trailers that went along with the "Inquisitor" Movie

If you want to see the Inquisitor Movie its on youtube. bad Quality though. all 3 parts are
Part 1:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=gFrdBubVT78
Part 2:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bg32YWCmbBw
Part 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlPGQfK4rYo
Part 4 is just the two Teasers for H.I, and B.f.t.B.G

Last edited by tidest on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

tidest
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Part 3 doesn't work, but thanks Tidest!

And I guess you have a point, but I dunno... There are other movies that manage a huge universe without overwhelming the audience. As for the Old Ones/Necrons, I figured that could be a 'prequel' for if/when they manage to get movies going.

I'm not big on Space Marine fluff, so maybe they could make a movie starting when the Primarchs and such start, then move on from there?

Of course, it would take like 20 movies just to get every race in there, and you have to worry that some of them would get really cheesy (Like having one with Necrons becoming some kind of undead horror-ish film, or Tyrranids ending up in an "Alien"-like movie.).
Still, it'd be neat to see, and you know, Hollywood is visibly running out of ideas anyway...
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:48 pm

Just watched afew minutes, but an Inquisitor would have laid a smackdown on that Captain...

"Bitch, you're now a Heretic. Execution time!"

Anyway, there are 18 Primarchs, and 18 completely different stories... That'd take alot of film.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by tidest Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Edited Part 3 Link. it now works.

tidest
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by doomcowgod Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:05 pm

This movie is not Tidest, and therefore not win.

doomcowgod
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tidest Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:51 pm

But, Am Tidest Am Win. Movie is Tidest, Movie is Win? well it was only 25 minutes... uhh This Film?

tidest
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:12 pm

. . . fail.
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

http://williamc561993@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Personally, I believe that a great 40k movie that doesn't need much background would be something like an Inquisitor, chasing heretics in a Hive World. Maybe even Hive Terra, thus portraying it as a grim dark future, on a planet we would know. Or maybe the inquisitor would be chasing aliens sabotuers, this bringing in the Deathwatch, a perfect introductory chapter for new 40k fans, since it is made of all different kinds of chapters. I'm reading the ravenor trilogy right now, and its pretty good so far, I think they could even make it a movie. An inquisitor with operatives, all with distinct personalities, who go around investigating heretics and aliens and such. I can actually picture it kind of like the movie Bladerunner.
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:23 pm

Well, look at Star Wars. It has a massive history that the movies don't even begin to touch on, and they're still good.

And, yeah, a movie set on Terra would be cool. A Hive World would humble Coruscant (to use more SW references). There wouldn't be Deathwatch on Terra, no xeno would ever make it onto the surface. But there could be a heretic cult. That could be interesting. But that'd be the Sisters of Battle, and I would hate to see them glorified in a movie.

For simplicity, I'd go with a Space Marine chapter (probably Blood Ravens, since everyone is already familiar with them anyway from the Dawn of War series) and an Ork Waaagh!. Kind of ease into the setting. There'd be enough there to keep fans of the TT happy, and enough to make sense to those who have never played. Maybe with a Chaos subplot that would lead into another film. Feed alittle bit of information at a time, 'cause the sad fact is people don't want movies to make them think- they want shit to go BOOM and titties flopping about ... Okay, I agree with the last part.

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:53 am; edited 5 times in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:12 pm

lmao deus Razz hatin on the SoB's Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:39 am

It's not my fault they lick balls ... literally. >_>

But, seriously, female Space Marines just doesn't make sense..
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:21 am

But they're fanatical... and stuff...

Okay yeah, I hate SoBs too. Apparently so does Game Workshop though. I mean, look at the abbreviation!
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:46 pm

Lol, never noticed the abbreviation of them. But, ya sisters suck. Played against them in TT, really kinda stupid.
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

http://williamc561993@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2