A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

The One who lives Beyond

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The One who lives Beyond - Page 2 Empty Re: The One who lives Beyond

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Oh ok XD
Make it a on attack buff placer$

Also btw. There is no 'acquires buff' event
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Make what an on attack placer? Touch? Lunacy?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Oh sorry. Touch on the emissaries
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:54 pm

The Emissaries don't attack. >>
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:45 am

Bump.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:56 pm

Hmm ok.

Innate:
General number nerfing at higher levels.
The range is pretty high and 3 seconds is a long time
Also, its not possible to get a list of buffs in a hero, nor is it possible to get the spell that casted the buff. And you can't apply buffs directly to a unit.

Summons are good.
But I would look at the numbers on harvester to make site it doesn't end up taking longer to reach full mana as you level it.
(note: I havnt actually checked this. So it might be good already)

Aura is good as well

Touch:
You already know I have issues with skills that require other skills that aren't the innate Razz
And I'm not 100% sure. But I think its not possible to get the number of buffs on a unit. I can look into that.

Laberynth:
Im can't be ok with taking complete control of a hero. Even for a short period of time.

The null zone I like. Make it work both ways (can't enter or leave) maby.
The end effects work as well.

If you want to keep the charm effect, you can make it perma for creeps Razz
Just come up with a way that someone can't stockpile creeps.
But complete hero control shouldn't he allowed. Specially in an aoe

Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Whenever you say it's not possible, I become extremely skeptical. I don't want to bring up the resistance thing, but it took me literally 5 seconds to google and find a way to make it work. At the very least, look into it on other sites, if you can't finagle it immediately.

Numbers are numbers. Though you were complaining earlier that he can't do any damage, so I don't want to make him totally worthless.

Hmm, I don't see a pure requirement. Things get better if Touch is present, but by no means are worthless without touch.

So 4 seconds of control is overpowered, when all units within the AoE are trapped within? And your allied heroes can't attack charmed heroes if they're outside the zone, not to mention charmed units can't usually be attacked by allies. Not to mention you have 4 seconds to control just one hero, after which control reverts back.

If you're going to nay-say, please take a better look at what the spell consists of.

One, only units within the dead zone can attack other units in the dead zone. No other influences can cause effects.

Two, he channels for THREE seconds to pull off a 4 second control on heroes. The main impact of the skill is that he could use it to screw over a massive pushing wave, if any hero was stupid enough to sit there and let him channel for 3 seconds.

Three, the dynamic of the skill is to buy time and a lot of it. It's not meant as an active single-target charm, because that's just silly. It's a very hard ult to get off otherwise, and would require another ult to even set up for it.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Well yes to be fair when I day its not possible, its usually AFAIK. But there isn't a way to apply a buff using triggers. And unless I get a list of every spell and its buff, I can't even cast the original spell even of I could get a list of buffs on a unit

Ok so touch isn't actually a requirement. Its still forced synergy. Which is bad design.

In fully aware of what the skill does. Complete control over a hero is not good. Especially in an aoe.
There's a lot of things you can do to screw over all the heroes in there.

Not to mention yiu have that 3 second stun from the innate.

Also, how are you imagining the HP, mana swap mechanic?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Give me a list of things you could do to screw heroes up within 4 seconds.

You could pop a few ults, but I could very well make the null zone silence. So then what? What can you do within 4 seconds, if units from outside the zone can't damage or effect units inside the zone?

It might as well just be a stun for heroes, who only have to fear the super DPS the Outsider does and the damage that a group of creeps might do. In fact, being trapped inside an area with creeps for 12 seconds is perhaps more overpowered than the actual control for 4 seconds.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:19 pm

If you can't do anything with the heroes inside then what use is it to control them.
But yes, silence the area, and let the outsider walk in and out freely (of course Razz edit:- i assumed that its a 3 second channel *start-up* time, after which he is free to move around and do stuff for the duration of the spell /edit )

And just in general, he needs a ranged attack. Cause he does little else in combat, and the entire rest of his skillset relys on other units doing stuff
edit: and if your worried about the outsider sitting outside of the ult and attacking units for 12 seconds, then dont let him attack from outside to inside, but still allow him to walk in and out of it /edit

edit:
this is a bit heavy on the abstraction, but it holds in most places

innate: relies on enemies staying near the outsider
summon: relies on units dying
aura: relies on units attacking/casting
target: relies on other units damaging the affected unit (cause the outsider has little dps to note)
ult: is the most direct contribution he has, but even then, the affected units cant be damaged by anyone other than the outsider, who has no damage output, and itll function just as a very long duration (ladder) sleep (or the controlled creeps deal the damage Razz)
edit: and the outsider doesnt have alot of power himself to trigger the real power of his skills /edit
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:09 am

There a way on the ult to instead of negating the regeneration instead take the rate at which they normally regenerate HP/mana and instead drain it at the same rate? So instead of it just being negated, it reverses.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:35 am

I can't accurately determine regen without including heals, or possibly ignoring large quantities of regen.

The best I can do is run a timer on a short interval that noticed when a heroes life increases and reverse that hp increase.
This won't account for regen and damage on the same interval.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:29 am

Oh well. I still like the build.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down