A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake

5 posters

Go down

[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake Empty [Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:21 pm

ok, so we all know this hero is... less than great...
his summons are paper and die way too easily, he has 4/5 skills that have to do with his summons, and he is basically useless without them

so we need to come up with ideas on how to improve and fix this hero.

things to keep:
his summon (duh). however, the method that they are summoned can change
id like to see grot prod remain in some form or another.

everything else is changeable, altho i would somehow like to keep his general theme the same, i understant that its not entirely possible, considering his theme is mass summons and rape... ish
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake Empty Re: [Incomplete] Runt Herd Remake

Post by Fromundaman Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:08 pm

I just want to say that while you are right that he needs a change, I think you are looking at him wrong. 3/5 skills have to do with his summons (not counting the innate, since it doesn't really depend on it alone). I would enjoy it if his innate stayed, since that and his summons are currently the only things keeping him playable (level 3 and beyond, his innate is rape! It's more of a bash skill than anything; a bash skill that gets better as his 'paper' grots die. On top of this, he makes money like crazy.).

The way I play Grot is level innate and summon till the innate is level 3 and the summon is lvl 4, then after that alternate the aura and the innate. Finally go ult, then last of all the grot pod. Level him with tanking items and IAS and you've got yourself a decent, if somewhat basic and boring, hero.

I'll try to look into the fluff and see what I can find, but if you want to change the summon method, then he needs even more buffs than I thought Razz
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:28 pm

well, the complete dependancy on his grots is what makes him soo.... bad/boring
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:33 am

True. In reality though, it's even worse than that, since it's more of a complete dependency on his grot summoning method moreso than the grots themselves. The bash-like skill is pretty much all he really has going for him after level 14 or so.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:57 pm

How does this sound?

For the innate, he will passively summon grots to run around him, like Aun'va's honor guard does now. They can have the same stats, but it'll save mana. Perhaps make them give a little less damage per kill and no experience? As the innate levels, the grots gain damage and a little armor?

Also, for either one of his skills or his ult, he should gain the ability to charm neutral creeps and grant them bonuses. You know, because Orks can loot ANYTHING. Since he deals with Grots and Squigs, we can say he did some other really interesting stuff that the Old Ones coded into a bit of his DNA. This ability, which really never occured to have, since they're all killy, could be used by a smart Runt Herd to gather up creatures from other races.

Basically the modus operandi is that the Runt Herd uses the grand psychic potential of the Orks to brainwash things into serving him. He can also paint them red and they'll move faster as well. >>
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:51 pm

are these grots controlable?

and i just thought of a way to make them not clump but not ruin collision Very Happy flying units! Very Happy yay.

he needs a grot prod and a grabba stick, and i dont mind that charm idea. and an aura.

the grabba stick can be some sort of disable
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:16 am

I'd say give him grot upgrades, when he upgrades grots, he gets ALL THE VARIETIES of grots! Such as ammo grots, explody grots, grot on a stick! That way the ability has utility as well as offense!
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:43 am

For grabba stick, it'd be an interesting idea if he could throw explody grots at enemies. Or any kind of grot. It would make for a really fun hero. What would each kind of grot do? They should affect allied units, though. So at level 1 of the innate, basic grots spawn and as the innate levels, more types of grots can spawn?

Normal Grots: Are normal
Ammo grots: Improve attack speed
Explody grots: Explode for a fair bit of damage
Medic grot: Runs around healing units
Lucky Grot: Has 100% evasion, dies to spell damage
Black Market Grot: Steals gold from enemy units on hit, sells potions/special items on the field.

Since they run around like the Tau Honour Guard for Aun'va, it might be hard to select them, so you might want to give each a special highlight color. At level 5, only 5 grots can exist, but progresses to 10/15/20/25/30 grots at one time running around.

Skill 1: Grabba Stick. If no unit is around, will grab either a normal grot, Explody grot, or Lucky Grot and toss them at a selected unit. If a hero unit is around, it too can be thrown at a unit.

Skill 2: Grot-prod can work as it does now. Maybe lower the slow.

Skill 3: An ensnare type skill. Basically nets a unit or a collection of units in an AoE.

Ult: Active: Allows him to charm neutral/enemy creeps. Passive: Aura that boosts his grots, his converted creeps, and himself.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:47 am

Some skill ideas:

Grot Pack:

Level 1: Summons XX amount of grots.

Level 2: Summons XX amount of grots, XX will be AMMO GROTS

Level 3: Summons XX amount of grots, XX will be ammo grots, XX will be squig hounds

Level 4: Grots gain Attack squig, Ammo grots gain Bomb squig.

Level 5: A lucky grot will be able to get into a "Big Gun"

Grots: Basic damage, basic hp blah blah blah, armed with basic choppahs, they can get the upgrade Attack squig at level 4, which they can send at the enemy (uncontrollable, but

Ammo Grots: These sort of grots carry explosive sluggas, ammo for the biggah, baddah orks, thus, these grots usually end up carrying many dangerous amounts of explosives: At level 4 they can create Bomb Squig, which runs around, then explodes.

These grots can restore mana to nearby heros, they also are armed with ranged sluggahs instead of choppahs, if they are killed, they explode, sending shrapnel everywhich way which does indiscriminate XX damage to everyone within XXX range

Squighounds: Powerful bouncing balls with TEETH, VERY SHARP TEEETH!: These things are more powerful then grots, and can latch onto an enemy and deal damage over time (kills the squig, but does a nice dot that slows the enemy) They can also eat a grot, in which case the entire group will go into a morale fueled frenzy to kill the enemy before the runtherder gets bored and feeds them to it too.

Big Gunz: Kannons are Ork artillery pieces. They are mounted on wheels and crewed by Gretchin. They fire either a big bore frag round for anti-infantry actions or solid shot shell for anti-tank roles. They are also notoriously inaccurate. They often form into Big Gun batteries of between one and three Kannons.

A long ranged siege weapon, can fire Anti-Frag bore (Deals AoE damage to units only) or Anti- Tank (Only mechnical units, and buildings)
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Any thoughts on these two builds?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynasty Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:11 pm

glycine now correct me if I'm wrong, but on the lucky grots i feel 100% evasion would be too much. What about Carnifex ,for example, who's only nuke type AoE spell is his ultimate( i think ), unless his acid kills them? That would be a little cheap for him cause he wouldn't be able to kill them unless his ultimate was recharged and that is still kind of a waste, again not sure if acid counts for magic dmg so most likely I'm wrong. :/
I do like all the different kinds of grots though, and i think it would be interesting to see them in game.

Zebio well you have 5 levels? would it be an innate which in that case shouldn't it have 6? other than that i like the skill
Dynasty
Dynasty
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:14 pm

I thought innates had 5
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:30 pm

innates have 6, and most heroes have some form of magic damage apart from their ults.

and the fex is getting a rework Razz check his thread
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Well, it'll have 100% evasion, but like 10-20 damage and a fast, but not that fast attack speed. 95% would probably be better, though. Because at the end-game, most heroes can either one-shot grots or AoE them to death. >>;
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun May 16, 2010 9:36 pm

Can I go ahead and work on my build for him or is there any source of contention?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon May 17, 2010 12:26 am

yeah thats fine
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Mon May 17, 2010 12:33 am

just use my ability, I want grot cannons! Very Happy
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon May 17, 2010 1:08 am

In the innate, I assume? Lol, I think I can make it happen. It'll be pretty unusual, though.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Innate: Grot Swarm

When the Runt Herd heads to battle, his swarm of grots buzzes around him, ready to follow any order he gives. Needless to say, he has a lot of grots. Passively summons Grots from the Runt Herd, which then run around him (Uncontrollable, but selectable). Grots attack the same target as the Runt Herd.

At level 1, only 5 grots can exist, but progresses to 10/15/20/25/30 grots at one time running around. Each level grants access to a new type of grot, each of which has a certain chance to spawn. Every 10 seconds, 1/1/2/2/3/3 grots will spawn.

[tr]
Type of Grot SummonedAbilities/other effectsLevel at which available, % chance of appearing
Normal GrotsAre normal.Level 1, 100/70/60/40/20/16%
Ammo GrotsIncrease attack speed of surrounding units by 1/2/3/4/5%, replenish 1/2/3/4/5 mana per grot. Above two effects are an active, single target spell that can stack and lasts for 20 seconds.Level 2, 0/30/20/20/20/16%
Medic Grots Heals 4/8/12/16 to a unit. Autocast spell which takes up 5 mana and a cooldown of 2 seconds. Level 3, 0/0/20/20/20/16%
Frenzied Grot Has 70/80/90% evasion and 20/30/40% bonus attack speed. Level 4, 0/0/0/20/20/16%
Cannon Grot Has a cannon. Fires from range of 600 and does AoE siege damage. Level 5, 0/0/0/0/20/16%
Thieving Grot Steals 2 gold per hit on an enemy at the cost of 2 mana. Level 6, 0/0/0/0/0/16%

Basic stat line on a Grot:
Health: 100/130/160/190/220/250/280
Mana: 20/25/30/35/40/45
Attack: 5-7(Increases by 2 each level)
Armor: (light) 1/1/2/2/3/3

Skill 1: Grabba Stick. If no unit is around, will grab a random grot and toss them at a selected unit, doing 50/80/130/180 damage. If an allied hero unit is around, it too can be thrown at a unit. If an allied hero is selected, it can be held for an unlimited amount of time and the skill will refresh to become a single-target spell. If an enemy hero is targeted, it will be held for 1.5 seconds and then either tossed at a unit or in the direction the Runt Herd is facing at the end of that 1.5 seconds.

Skill 2: Grot-prod can work as it does now. Maybe lower the slow.

Skill 3: An ensnare type skill. Basically nets a unit or a collection of units in an AoE. In a 200 aoe, he can ensnare all enemy units for 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds.

Ult: Active: Allows him to charm neutral/enemy creeps. Passive: Aura that boosts his grots, his converted creeps, and himself. Grants 5/8/13 regen, 4/6/8 armor,& 30/60/90% mana regen.

PS: I'm not fond of the innate so far. Does anyone have any good ideas about how to summon grots without making it so complicated?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down