A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore

5 posters

Go down

[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore Empty [Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore

Post by cellrawr Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:20 am

Story:

blah, blah, blah

Stats-
Strength: 23 + 2.1 <--
Agility: 18 + 2.0
Intelligence: 0 + 0

Range: Melee
Movespeed: 290

(Innate) Volatile:
The Pyrovore stores flammable gasses in its well armored gullet. His max gas (mana) capacity is 100/200/300/400/500/600. Active: The Pyrovore feeds on the corpses of the battlefields it roams, digesting them into flammable gasses. The Pyrovore gains 5/10/15/20/25/30 gas per second for a max of 10 seconds while feeding on corpses. Channeled. 10 Second Cd. Gas (mana) can only be gained from the Pyrovore's innate. Passive: When the Pyrovore is slain its gullet ruptures, spewing flames across the battlefield. The flames do damage equal to the remaining gas (mana) it had in a 500 aoe. The ground in the aoe is covered in fire, dealing damage every second equal to half of the explosion damage over ten seconds.

Acid Maw:
A Pyrovore's maw drips with corrosive acid that are powerful enough to reduce armor, flesh and bone to a gooey, smoldering mucus. The Pyrovore applies a stacking debuff to target it attacks in melee, dealing 10 damage per second and 1 armor loss per stack. Can stack up to 2/3/4/5 times, with debuff having a duration of 4 seconds. Passive

Flaming Charge:
The Pyrovore charges at a target or target point, spewing flames 300 distance in a cone in front of it as it goes. Enemies hit by the flames lose 5/10/15/20% ms and takes 25/50/75/100 damage over 4 seconds. Enemies that come in contact with the Pyrovore takes 130/140/150/160 damage and is stunned for .5 seconds. Costs 25% max gas (mana). Has a 20 second cd.
Use flame breath animation. Make the aoe of the flame breath cone and the aoe of the charge contact the same.

Weapon Symbiote:
The Pyrovore is a formidable opponent by itself, but the true threat lies in the weapon symbiote sprouting from its back. The symbiote attacks the nearest target, dealing 50/60/70/80 damage in a 150 aoe. Symbiote has a range of 500, and shoots every 2 seconds. Toggleable. Costs 10% max gas (mana) per shot.
Use mortar team attack animation.

(Ultimate) Flamespurt:
The Pyrovore's flamespurt bio-weapon billows forth a blazing plume of fire. The flames work their way into every nook and cranny. engulfing the Pyrovore's foes in a searing conflagration. The Pyrovore empties is gas (mana) reserves, creating an inferno on the battlefield. The Pyrovore ignites the entire area in a line of 800 distance (300 distance across) directly in front of him. Damage dealt is gas (mana) used x .5 per second. Flames damage friend and foe alike. Inferno lasts for 6/8/10 seconds. Costs 100% current gas (mana). 3 minute cd.
Use flame breath in a wave over the area, flames appearing after flame breath is done. Flame breath doesn't do any damage itself, just an animation.

Last edited by cellrawr on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:12 pm; edited 6 times in total

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore Empty Re: [Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore

Post by 13loodRaven Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:29 am

Wait wait wait, before I say anything about the hero, is there such thing as an Aquathrope/vore or any of the elements such as Thunderthrope? If there is im gonna spam heroes to the max.
Well... I think you should change the ult to a bloodprice... Theres nothing stopping the player going haywire with farming and massing innate to deal something around 2500 damage in that aoe.
Suggestion: Flamespurt deals x2,x3,x4 max strength per second. You can do something else but the current ratio is ridiculous!
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore Empty Re: [Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore

Post by cellrawr Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:43 am

<.< Theres a biovore, that launches spore mines. But all the vores/thropes have been covered. Nids mostly just deal in poisons and acid. Pyrovore is only elemental I think. And the naming is just me making fun of gly calling Venomthrope Toxic Zoey, which I changed it to right when he said it.

So heres where I disagree with your disagreement. A maxed innate/ult, fully fueled pyrovore unleashing his ult makes the flames do 3000 damage over 10 seconds, and 2400 by the maxing out innate and then getting two levels of ult at level 13, which is 300 damage per second. The thing about this is that

1) you have to bed standing in it to take the damage, and unless 400 is a bigger distance on its width than I thought it was, you can side step it to simply avoid all that damage.

2) The ult uses all of his resources to do it, so when he does that, he cant follow up with anything but autoattacks. The ult has no slow or stun, so they can move out of the way very easily at the level the pyrovore is in your example. So to even get a good slow he has to be 17-18 (depending if you pick up level 3 ult) I think. But if he uses the slow on the hero, he just cut the power of his ult by 25% since the slow uses 25% of his max mana. If he has help from an ally, the ally is dangerously close to burning himself pretty badly.

3) Grats, you spent more than half of the game doing nothing but autoattacking everything. You've been a detriment to your team, and are most likely getting your lane pushed in cause you can't do jack squat to stop it.

The ult is a worse (in the bad way) version of farseer's ult. Farseer's ult at level 3 does 2400 max damage if all 12 bolts hit. It has a stun in it though, so a lone hero getting caught in it is fucked. Pyrovore's ult is nothing but the pure damage, but it makes you sacrifice all of your combat ability when you use it. Yes, his innate gets his combat ability back. It also takes 20 seconds of pure channeling to fully get his combat ability to full, and he needs corpses. If your opponent at least watched the movie Dodgeball they have escaped the ult, leaving his slow ass not able to follow up. The farming part, hows he going to even get to those levels if they opponent even knows how to right click him. And farming the waves decimates your own wave, unless you get a perfect angle behind their wave. Your enemy is retarded or not there if he cant counter that.

/rant off

All of that was me actually being really calm about it. <_< I just thought it would be better to defend all of it, since I knew something about it was going to come up. And if you couldn't tell from this hero and Venomthrope, I'm not giving any leeway to people that are that fucking retarded to stand in this shit. Venomthrope just has better stuff to make you stand in it. His excuse though is that hes going to be two-shottable most of the game if I got his stats right.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:59 am

And yes, there is a thunderthrope. It's called a Trygon. xD;

You can only max out innate at level 19, fyi.

For one, the fact the ult rapes both friend and foe means that you can expect absolutely no team support for catching anyone in it. Why would someone go in and stun if they're going to be incinerated anyway?

For reference, Eldritch Storm has an AoE diameter of 500. A diameter of 400 means you can hit everything in a lane up to 600 distance away. >> It also has a stun of .05 seconds, so you can run out of it.

And if you forget, lots of heroes only have take pride in their autoattack. Karandras for one, but lots of other heroes. In fact, the autoattack of Pathfinder and Vindi helps them bring down outposts quickly. So stop hating on it. xD

20 seconds isn't a lot of time. Corpses aren't rare either. Why does farming waves decimate your own, if you're not using flamespurt? And you do realize that having a passive symbiote who fires every 2 second and takes half of your mana means you'll be operating without ANY mana for most of the game, as the symbiote will keep taking mana regardless if you want it to or not. The damage off it is piss poor as well.

I'll comment on the actual skills later.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:35 pm

<_< Blah blah blah, you said Trygon is too big for this game anyway. Which I don't see how, since its less than a couple meters taller and weighs the same as a Carnifex.

k

<_< Ill lower the size of the width then. What would be the distance of only half a lane? <_< And the stuns stop you from moving, so you have to smash run away is what I was getting at.

<_< Allll of those heroes have some that makes there autoattack awesome, just like Pyrovore does with Acid Maw. I was hating on the example blood gave with stat stacking. That kind of autoattack, the regular kind.

Both Blood and my posts was all about flamespurt, thats why I said wave farming would decimate your own. The whole point of my rant was about flamespurt. The 20 seconds part means the wave has pushed far out of range of exp if your munching on corpses back there. <_< And what do you mean symbiote will take your mana if you want it or not. Its an activatable ability. Its not an orb. You can still autoattack and do your other stuff. All its doing is pretty much spawning a unit thats attached to your back, and fires away. And blah blah blah numbers on it.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Son007 Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Okay, just a reminder to people before I post, I dont play warhammer but I do play alot of aos's so Imma post something about the hero's numbers and skills.

cellrawr wrote:The Pyrovore stores flammable gasses in its well armored gullet. His max gas (mana) capacity is 100/200/300/400/500/600. Active: The Pyrovore feeds on the corpses of the battlefields it roams, digesting them into flammable gasses. The Pyrovore gains 5/10/15/20/25/30 gas per second for a max of 10 seconds, while feeding on corpses within 200 distance. Channeled. Gas (mana) can only be gained from the Pyrovore's innate and the fountain. Passive: When the Pyrovore is slain its gullet ruptures, spewing flames across the battlefield. The flames do damage equal to the remaining gas (mana) it had in a 500 aoe. The ground in the aoe is covered in fire, dealing damage every second equal to half of the explosion damage over ten seconds.

Its a really cool skill but I think you should make it an aoe (so you can see how many creeps you'll get in the area instead of it being around your hero where you have to make guess work). And does the 30/sec each corpse or is it just 30/sec no matter how many are in the aoe? Also can this hero get
Armor of Ulthamar and have it work properly; besides the mana regen?

cellrawr wrote:A Pyrovore's maw drips with corrosive acid that are powerful enough to reduce armor, flesh and bone to a gooey, smoldering mucus. The Pyrovore applies a stacking debuff to target it attacks in melee, dealing 10 damage per second per stack. Can stack up to 2/3/4/5 times, with debuff having a duration of 4 seconds. Passive

I think this skill should be the slower, or at least have a slow (like 5% per stack). So this way its not just a small dps.

cellrawr wrote:The Pyrovore charges at a target or target point, spewing flames 300 distance in a cone in front of it as it goes. Enemies hit by the flames lose 5/10/15/20% ms and takes 25/50/75/100 damage over 4 seconds. Enemies that come in contact with the Pyrovore takes 50/100/150/200 damage and is stunned for .5 seconds. Costs 25% max gas (mana). Has a 20 second cd.

Another good skill but... is the 25/50/75/100 over 4 seconds 25/50/75/100 damage per second for 4 seconds or 6.25/12.5/18.75/25 dps for 4? (I dont really support this, but its an idea); Could you turn the 25% gas cost to part of the damage? Like 25% gas = damage over 4 seconds?

cellrawr wrote:The Pyrovore is a formidable opponent by itself, but the true threat lies in the weapon symbiote sprouting from its back. The symbiote attacks the nearest target, dealing 15/30/45/60 damage in a 150 aoe. Symbiote has a range of 500, and shoots every 2 seconds. 10 second duration. Costs 50% max gas (mana). 30 second cd.

Its Phoenix Fire, cept it kinda weak... 60 damage every two seconds for 10 seconds is 5 sets of 60 damage (300 damage over 10 seconds, oh-ah, if your lucky enough to stay next to that unit for all 5 to it him). So maybe you could make the damage higher and change the way it deals damage, ie, attacks 2/4/6/8/10 units every two seconds for 15/30/45/60 damage or attacks all units for 30/45/60/75 damage every two seconds. (Change numbers as needed). Also decrease the gas cost some, the cost is 50% for a skill that your passive is way better because you have more control over the damage.

cellrawr wrote:The Pyrovore's flamespurt bio-weapon billows forth a blazing plume of fire. The flames work their way into every nook and cranny. engulfing the Pyrovore's foes in a searing conflagration. The Pyrovore empties is gas (mana) reserves, creating an inferno on the battlefield. The Pyrovore ignites the entire area in a line of 600 distance (400 distance across) directly in front of him. Damage dealt is gas (mana) used x .5 per second. Flames damage friend and foe alike. Inferno lasts for 6/8/10 seconds. Costs 100% current gas (mana). 3 minute cd.

Its like that one hero from DotA that shoots the fire out that deals high damage but is easily dodged... and doesnt hurt allies. I have an idea; how about making the flames work its way to the aoe... delay ult. Goes off 2 seconds after casting in the aoe. This way its not like an instant cast and you cant prepare yourself for it. It'll also be good if your running away and you can cast it 2 seconds into the future so when it goes off they'll (chasers) will be in the middle of it!

Idk, take anything with a grain of salt as I dont play w40k. But I just want to see what others think.

-Stats-
Str: 23 +2.1 (73.4 +20)
Agi: 18 +2.0 (66 +20)
Int: 0 + 0 (0 +20)
Son007
Son007
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:08 pm

@gly:
aoe's are measured in radius actually, and isnt eldritch 600 aoe? i dont remeber

@hero:
innate: its easy to make int/int items not affect his mana/regen
and so, you want him to not have *any* mana regen at all outside of his innate right?
i cant exclude all outside regen except the fountain, its either gota be everything or no fountain.

for acid maw, you say that it reduces armor flesh and bone to nothing, yet make it do a dot... somehow that doesnt make awhole lot of sense to me.
considering that acid maw in TT (iirc) ignores armor saves, why not make it reduce armor as well as do dot?, or -armor and slow, but no dot.

charge:
@son, i think its 100 over the 4 seconds, so 25 damage per second.
@cell, i would reduce the charge damage considering how much damage he can do from hes other skills

weapon symbiote:
heres a thought; make it a toggle skill that turns him into a ranged unit. Every attack costs a % of your mana, and has your effect.
cause an active phoenix fire is... kinda lame.

ult:
definatly reduce the damage, but not by a whole lot.
and possibly reduce the aoe, because 400 across is prolly too much

also, at level 6, assuming your havnt been uping your innate, you would do 50 damage per second for 6 seconds.
just some math
Spoiler:
the total damage from the ult alone at the level one innate is bad, but the damage at level 4 and up innate is wayy to much, assuming max mana

now, @son:
innate: (this affects cell as well) i think it should be the straigh number no matter how many creeps are in the aoe. which also means it doesnt have to be aoe target because a self aoe is instant, no need to target click, and you wont have to really worry weather you'll hit a creep or not because it doesnt matter how many.

and personally, i dont think the ult should be delayed
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Innate:
@Son

It's 30/sec no matter what. The aoe on the corpse eating thing is just to make sure theres a corpse nearby, so you don't get into a situation where Spyder's aoe corpse thing doesnt snatch the one it goes after. And I guess the mana shield would work, but it'd be a 600 mana shield at max so another armor woulda been shitloads better.

@Grass

Mmk, then exclude fountain. Just thought it would make sense, like them having corpses for him to eat back at base or something.

Acid Maw:

<_< It was early in the morning, so I got it through my head as being only dps or armor reduction not both. And I thought the armor reduction part was overused, so yea. I guess it can do the armor reduction thing then.

Charge:

It's 100 damage over the four seconds, so 25 per second. The main damage isn't the fire since it also slows a little, its the charge.

Symbiote:

Hey, thats how the Pyrovore acts exactly. The two things have their own minds. It goes in smacking things, and the symbiote incinerates anything that comes withing range. So don't blame me for it not be exciting, cause pyrovores aren't the most exciting nid except blowing up <_<. And I have no idea what phoenix fire is, I don't play dota a lot. I think a version of metamorph is even more boring, so this skill can be thought on more.

Ult:

I didn't design it just to be a straight damage ult, since it burns the crap out of your allies too. I designed it as a huge damage ult (thats easy to get out of) if your only using it for simple uses. Think the tauren guy in dota (I forgot his name) and fissure. Not many people use it just for the straight damage, but as a escape block. A high damage fire wall doesn't block it with a physical wall, but a thing that could kill you if you tried escaping through it if you wanna take the chance.

How about a different calculation grass.

Lvl1: For each point of gas, damage dealt is gas used x 1.1 per second
Lvl2: For each 2 points of gas, damage dealt is gas used x 1.2 per second
Lvl3: For each 3 points of gas, damage dealt is gas used x 1.3 per second
With a hint of telling them to at least get 1 level of innate before upping to the next one.

And maybe give it a slow to everyone in it or something to make it wall better.

Also, how big of a distance is half of a lane if 400 is too big. I wasn't sure how big it was, I wanted to be half of a lane so they could sidestep a straight shot.

Innate2:

k, just added the aoe part cause wasn't sure if it worked out how you just said it would.

Last edited by cellrawr on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Updated innate, acid maw, and charge.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:08 am

hmmm
ok i didnt realise that for symbiote.

ok, then make it toggleable instead of active, and have shots consume gas
and phoenix fire is a ladder ability [Incomplete] Inferno Zoey, Pyrovore Icon_razz its the thing the blood mage phoenix ult has.
it fires a shot at one random enemy in range, dealing base damage + DoT

new ult values suck for level 2 and 3. the damage actually goes down
level 1 innate ---------- level 6 innate
100/1 * 1.1 = 100 - 600/1 * 1.1 = 660
100/2 * 1.2 = 60 -- 600/2 * 1.2 = 360
100/3 * 1.3 = 43 -- 600/3 * 1.3 = 260

level 1 ult with level 6 innate actaully does 6600 damge over 10 seconds... while level 3 ult only does 2600
so, something needs to be rethought

edit: and i would agree with your wall tactic, if it wasnt on a 180 second cooldown
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:41 am

Mmk on the shot thing then.

<_< And I haven't played ladder since Rain of Chaos.

And bah, the only other thing I can think of:

Lvl1: Damage dealt is 100 per second, and for for every 3 gas used an additional (gas used x .8 ) is dealt per second. 8 second duration.
Lvl2: Damage dealt is 150 per second, and for for every 3 gas used an additional (gas used x .8 ) is dealt per second. 8 second duration
Lvl2: Damage dealt is 200 per second, and for for every 3 gas used an additional (gas used x .8 ) is dealt per second. 8 second duration.

100 + ((100/3) x .8 ) = 126.7 dps, 1013.6 total. -- 100 + ((600/3) x .8 ) = 260 dps, 2080 total.

150 + ((100/3) x .8 ) = 176.7 dps, 1413.6 total. -- 150 + ((600/3) x .8 ) = 310 dps, 2480

200 + ((100/3) x .8 ) = 226.7 dps, 1813.6 total. -- 200 + ((600/3) x .8 ) = 360 dps, 2880 total.

I actually got my calculator and did maths this time.

<_< Btw grass, the old calculations had a duration of 6s, 8s, and 10s respectively.

edited: SON OF A BITCH SUNGLASSES

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:45 pm

that looks much better, but i would still reduce the gas damage value, cause 2800 is too much
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:06 pm

.6 then? Comes out a total of 2560 at max ult and innate.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 pm

2500 is still too much.

1500-1800 at the most so you can't one hit someone potentially with it.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:28 pm

<_< You mean 8 hit, cause it's doing damage per second by standing in it.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:57 am

Well doesn't the ult do a dot even after you stepped out of the fire? Its fairly unrealistic if not. If so it should be a large dot. A degree less for allies. If not well bah, who cares about teammates anyway, all they do is ks. Either dot or slow, all actives is well... Boring, sticky naplam ult sounds nice.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:34 am

Ok, quick changes.

Volatile: The Pyrovore actually bleeds acid when it's wounded, so Acid Blood works here, unlike in the Fex. I'm fine with the whole mana system.

Acid Maw: I have no qualms about it so far.

Charge: Lower the cost to maybe 5-10% of his max mana or 25% of his current mana. Damage and slow are otherwise fine.

Symbiote: Either 10% of current mana or 1-3% of max mana. Damage will need adjustment upon testing.

Ult: You know what would be more interesting and only slightly less probable? Have the Pyrovore let out a cloud of gas for a duration, which persists in an area and does its own little DoT, but isn't very noticeable. Then give him the ability to light the gas cloud, doing damage equal to the mana used to create the cloud. Any units hit by both the initial gas cloud and the flame suffer an additional DoT.

Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:23 am

Like batrider, but on a larger scale? Nice Smile
Perhaps a stacking effect with gas, or...

Say pyrovore channels "said gassy ult" in a certain aoe. Each second channeled gives extra DoT and a bigger bang when pyro lights it up.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down