A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_vote_lcap63%[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_vote_lcap38%[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope Empty [Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope

Post by cellrawr Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:34 am

Story:

blah, blah, blah

Stats-
Strength: 18 + 1.5
Agility: 15 + 1.6
Intelligence: 25 + 2.4 <--

Range: 400
Movespeed: 300

(Innate) Spore Cloud:
Venomthropes emit a cloud of airborne spores so dense that is shrouds everything nearby. The Venomthrope and allies within an 500 aoe of him have a 4/8/12/16/20/24% chance to not take damage from ranged attacks. Enemies within 500 aoe of the Venomthrope take 10/14/18/22/26/30 damage every second and lose 2.5/5/7.5/10/12.5/15% ms and as.

Toxic Touch:
A Venomthrope's entire body is coated in alien poisons but its writhing tentacles exude the most lethal of all Tyranid toxins, a venom so virulent that it causes flesh to wither and slough from the bone. The Venomthrope's regular attacks leave a poison that deals 10/20/30/40 damage every two seconds. The poison has a duration of eight seconds. Each successive attack refreshes the duration. Toxic Touch adds a 2/3/4/5 armor debuff to Constrict. The poison effect from Toxic Touch is applied when Tentacle Spear deals damage.
Passive

Constrict:
Victims of the Venomthrope that do not succumb immediately to its toxins are entangled by its writhing limbs, bound in a poisonous embrace until the Venomthrope's toxic spores do their gruesome work. The Venomthrope wraps its tentacles around the victim for 2/3/4/5 seconds. The victim can still move and take action, but can not go beyond 400 distance from the venomthrope. The target takes 50 damage per second, and armor reduction if the Venomthrope has Toxic Touch. Max range 400. Costs 140/160/180/200 mana. Has a 30/28/26/24 second cd.
Channeled

Toxic Lance:
The Venomthrope lashes out with on of it's tentacles, piercing through its victim's body. The Venomthrope deals 100/150/200/250 damage, and stuns the victim for .5/1/1.5/2 seconds. The poison effect from Toxic Touch is applied when Tentacle Spear deals damage. Costs 110/120/130/140 mana. Has a 12 second cd.

(Ultimate) Toxic Wasteland:
A Venomthrope left to its own devices poisons not only the world's indigenous life, but also the soil and atmosphere, leaving the plague-shrouded planet fit only for consumption by the Hive Fleet. The Venomthrope channels for 2/3/4, emitting a torrent of poisonous spore clouds. Enemies within 400 distance are enveloped by the gases, taking 150 damage per second. When the channel ends, the area within an 800 aoe of the Venomthrope is shrouded in toxic gases, dealing 20/40/60 damage per second to all enemies within the cloud for 10 seconds. Costs 220/260/300 mana. Has a 120/110/100 second cd.
If the channel is interrupted by something like moving, stuns, silence, or death the gas cloud still comes out.

Last edited by cellrawr on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 12 times in total

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

[Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope Empty Re: [Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope

Post by cellrawr Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:53 am

TOOK OFF THE SPORE CLOUD PART IN THE ULT CAUSE OF GLY

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:53 am

For a bit, I thought that said Toxic Zoanthrope and I was like wtf.
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:40 pm

cooldowns should never increase (3rd) and should be in seconds(ult)
just for convenience [Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope Icon_biggrin

the innate might have too many effects... but nerf some numbers and it shouldnt be op...
aoe evasion, immolation, slow aura... and in a huge aoe [Tyranids] Toxic Zoey, Venomthrope Icon_razz
(keeper slows by... 18%? in a 300 aoe)

for the passive, should that be an orb effect?
and should the dot that goes with toxic lance be more?
math:
Spoiler:
i was just thinking that the lance itself doesnt do a whole lot of damage, and as a dot nuke, it also doesnt really do a whole lot.
perhaps make it do the damage every second instead of every 2 seconds when it comes from the lance?

other than that i like the 3rd and ult

thoughts:
the cooldowns are (for the msot part) too high, as well as manacosts
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:32 pm

My thoughts, again:

Why is his main stat strength? Shouldn't it be int?

Innate evasion is fine. Up the general damage per second from the spores, but lower the speed debuff.

Touch needs be a little better in some way. Either the damage needs to go up, it needs to be stacking, or it can be unique in that the poison damages mana or something like that.

Constrict is odd in that we now have 3 or 4 tyranid heroes with some version of flesh hooks, which is bad. >> It doesn't make any sense if the hero who's entangled in poisonous tentacles is still able to move around and even attack Toxi...

Lance doesn't do enough, but if you change Touch around, it'll be fine.

The ult is peculiar in that it draws parallels to Venomancer's ult, but not as good. Minus the channeling and the fact that enemies have to stay within the cloud to be damaged, the core concept is the same. And while I'm fine with it, I'd be interested to see alternatives of how it could work otherwise.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:48 pm

actually, the ult isnt much like venos apart from its an aoe dot

veno does about 40 ish damage over a longer period, while this does tons of damage over 2-4 seconds, and lasting dot is more like LoC's ult, cause its dot on a location
oh, and 500 damage over 4 seconds is better almost than 720 over 16... or w/e veno's is

on the innate: i'd just lower the interval instead of increasing the damage, but the slow needs to go down for sure

and touch's duration can be a ton longer imo, make it last like 8 seconds

and i agree on constrict XD
but hey, they are different enough XD
flesh hooks => cant move away, non channeling
acid maw => drag
constrict => cant be further than X, channeling
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:07 pm

@grass

Changed the ult and 3rd cds.

The passive, all those things are kinda what it would do <.<. It's a ranged attack only thing, like swarmlord, cause the thing about spore cloud in the codex is that it blocks ranged shots. The damage and slow, well, its a poisonous cloud. And I just picked random numbers that I though looked pretty.

Well, I thought it was obvious its pretty much the orb of venom. I just don't want it toggleable though. Again, just numbers for the lance that I thought looked pretty, they can be changed blah blah blah.

@gly

It was SUPPOSED to be agi, but I just copied the format from swarmlord and forgot to changed the arrow. He's not int either cause he's not a synaptic nid, he's one of the ones that are driven by their feeding instincts when not under direct control. Agi is picked cause he's not too smart and is still a fragile as hes said to be.

NOT A GOD DAMN EVASION AURA, ITS LIKE SWARMLORDS PARRY. Blah blah blah numbers.

He's an agi hero, so upping the damage or making it stacking (you want to make a mini typhus situation?) seems like a bad idea since autoattacking keeps the thing up fine. Touch is unique enough in that it helps his other spells, and isn't just upping damage for the sake of it like manreaper.

SPACE MARINES could totally move in them <.<.

Blah blah blah numbers

Venomancers ult is he leave a dot everyone in range of the move, not leaves shit on the ground that steadily does damage. It shares more of a core concept with Lord of Changes ult. People can still be damaged if they walk in later, unlike venomancer.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:10 pm

<_< Like I said, blah blah blah, numbers.

AND DON'T BLAME ME A LOT OF NIDS HAVE APPENDIGES THAT DO SIMILAR THINGS. IM PRETTY SURE SPACE MARINES AND IMPERIAL GUARDSMEN DO THE SAME THING WITH GUNS!

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:11 pm

>>

That's not very much difference, Grass. XD The overall concept is the same, which makes it rather boring to make the Tyranids the kings of giving hugs to people. >>

The thing about Veno's ult is that it's fire and forget, which is endlessly more convenient than a channeled ult for 2/3/4 seconds. If you're disrupted in that channeling in anyway, the ult turns off because there wasn't enough time to create a big enough spore cloud. Thus, when people see he's channeling the ult, they'll go for a quick stun and run and it'll be a waste of time and mana if he can't get it off.

For numerical comparison:
Venomancer's ult w/scepter does ~1300 damage total over 12 seconds. If it hits, it is guaranteed to do 1300 damage, minus regen, heals, etc.

Assuming you get stuns or holds, Toxi's ult can do 400 damage in the first 4 seconds, then 600 damage if you manage to hold them in 800 AoE. Without stuns or holds, people can run out of the ult very easily and suffer maybe 300-600 damage at maximum. And why would ANYONE ever want to run into his ult? Maybe if they have no choice, but otherwise no one's going near you when it's casted.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems kind of pointless. Ahriman's ult at least slows you as you try and get out of it. As for the Lord of Change comparison, the ult's purpose is generally to stun, rather than to do damage. The DoT off the impact is just to keep people away from it.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:16 pm

800 aoe is very large >.> specially considering this guy has a passive aoe slow.

veno's ult cant kill, most of its damage is done after the battle is done
this one is more useful.

the duration on the ult could go up a bit
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:25 pm

<_< You know, there is plenty of ways to use a cloud that no one wants to walk into. Plop it down in your base, bam, wave stopped and base is safe. Plop it down in an enemy base, bam, the defenders are taking a lot of damage trying to save that base. Plop it down behind an enemy by using the forest, they can't run away that way in a gank unless they want to risk running through it and past him.

I cleared up some stuff in the ult by adding to it. When the channel is done, the cloud comes. I forgot to put that in originally. So if you stun him, you just miss out of the big damage. The cloud still comes. Hell, I could add a temporary blindness effect due to it being poison being spewed at you at point blank range.

Which duration, the cloud or channel part grass?

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:53 pm

channel part, or the duration of the large damage
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:56 pm

20 seconds fine for the cloud? Cause I don't want him being left alone not doing anything for too long since he's so fragile. And what about a temporary blindness if hit by the the channeled or something?

Last edited by cellrawr on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:57 pm

ummm, i meant the 100 dps 4 second channel >.>

unless im really misunderstanding this ult
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:59 pm

<.< Read the edit. I don't want him just staying put for too long, since he's supposed to be a fragile hero. Unless I screwed up on the strength stat.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:00 pm

well, as it is, it does 200/300/400 damage.
which fails.
so you could also increase the damage that happens over the channel instead
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:07 pm

<.< 200 damage per second? Also remember, spore cloud is active during this also.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:53 pm

135? maby 155

that way your doing 270/405/540 damage, plus innate
or, 310/465/620 damage
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:24 pm

<_< Eww, odd numbers. 150?

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:57 pm

pffft odd numbers > All
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Updated stuff. <_< And why isn't this in incompleted if we are already number bitching?

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:02 pm

what'cha talkin about!
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:09 pm

<_< COMMENT ON THE NEW SHIT

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:22 pm

increase the cooldown and manacosts on constrict, and reduce the cooldown on lance

but looks good Very Happy
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:16 am

K, did that.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down