A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

ideas list #2 I_vote_lcap63%ideas list #2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
ideas list #2 I_vote_lcap38%ideas list #2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
ideas list #2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
ideas list #2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
ideas list #2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
ideas list #2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
ideas list #2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
ideas list #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
ideas list #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
ideas list #2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
ideas list #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
ideas list #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

ideas list #2

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ideas list #2 Empty ideas list #2

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:51 pm

almost against by better judgement... but if you have any ideas here for what i should eventually add to the game, post them in this thread... as the other ideas thread was mostly used up XD avoid posting heros in this thread if u can
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ideas list #2 Empty Re: ideas list #2

Post by Glycine Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:17 am

We need more variety in creeps and perhaps a few epic creeps to kill that give special rewards. Also...

It'd be really cool if we had the addition of modes, like all random, etc.

Switch and equal need to be implemented.

What else...
Synergy among heroes would be cool. Like Ahriman and the Lord of Change would get some sort of boost or effect when they're near each other or to that effect.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:19 am

epic creeps like in the jungle? thats gona happen eventually...

modes are comming up

an auto balance feature is being worked on right now...

i was thinking about inter hero synergy... but decided against it
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:02 am

Ohh, epic creeps huh, I like the sound of that. Does that mean we will get some epic drops too Wink

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:02 am

lmao gogo aegis drop! XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:07 am

Now we just need to make it sound a little more warhammer40kish lol.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:39 am

I would suggest more variety in the unit spawns (as cool as they are, I liked the idea of apothecary units and such running around.).

AR mode does sound fun.
Maybe a "Capture and hold critical locations" mode too?

Also, I know you said no hero talk, but the Nightbringer idea from the last ideas thread intrigued me. Since in 40k (the first one... haven't had the kmoney to play the second yet Sad ), the Necron Lord mainly seemed to turn into his Nightbringer incarnation to regain lost HP (that's how I used it anyway), I would suggest the hero being based mainly on life draining.

Any chance we might be able to add waygates onto the map too (The way they would work is that you capture them the same way as capture points, and when you have 2 or more, you'd be able to teleport between them.), along with the option to have them turned on/off at the beginning of the match?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:45 am

i lack the map space to add a bunch of capturable side buildings, but if u guys dont care if i ruin the forrest, i might think about it...

also, this game is based on tabletop 40k, NOT dawn of war XD so alot of the skills and way the units are portrayed in DoW are not how the unit performs on tabletop.
so the nightbringger in tabletop is alot diff from the DoW nightbringer Razz

about the waygates, im planning on (eventually) putting in some sort of quick travel mechanism from the base to outposts... i dont know what it is yet. but itll happen. XD

and now thinking about it, what diff neutral buildings could be put into the game...
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:22 pm

Ooooh.... Oops, I know nothing about the tabletop incarnation of Warhammer sadly.

To be honest, I can't say I care much for the forest. I've never seen anyone use it to creep, and most people seem to dislike it the times I've played (though it can be a good source of exp/gold, so meh...)

For the waygates/quick travel idea, while I think it is good, I think making whatever method you put in able to change hands/be captured would really be a fun idea.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:17 pm

well yeah, like u can drop pod/ ork rok to any owned outpost kinda idea? Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:59 pm

Grass Hopper wrote:well yeah, like u can drop pod/ ork rok to any owned outpost kinda idea? Razz

That doesn't sound bad.

I just didn't want it taking away from the importance of the warp jets (or whatever the item that gives the global jump is called).
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:28 am

yeah thats what i was thinking too, swooping hawk wings (Razz) allow for unrestricted mobility, but at a near to 3k price tag. but u can just port to controlled locations with a deep strike building in base... thats what im thinking anyway XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:15 am

Gotcha.

You should probably put a price to use them though (Kind of like EotA does, although it's really cheap in EotA... too much so in fact.).
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:16 am

yeah i was thinking either a cost or a long ish cd
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:20 pm

An apothecary unit spawn would be awesome. Give it some sort of semi-long cd cannibalize like ability that gives it better defense for each gene seed it collects off fallen marines.

Land Raiders/IG various tanks/etc. as spawns as well

I would say make the Tau mobile suits spawns but I would really like to recommend those as heroes it seems like the tau only have one decent hero currently.

For Ork side i'd say war truks are a must. I'd like to see the red ones go faster rule implemented. Like maybe make it a buyable temporary upgrade for the ork side with a very long coold down because well the imperium doesn't want to get spammed with fast movin ork vehicles.

For a more realistic note. If there is some way that you could balance it that ork spawns are much larger that the marine spawns but balanced in their powers that if there was no interference from heroes they'd be at pretty much a standstill or slightly back and forth from outpost to outpost with out them being captured. This would represent the warhammer 40k universe better. Because as far as standard units go there's less of the marines in fights but they take out larger masses simply because they're designed to. So having a small unit of marines being at a standstill with a large unit of orks would make it more like the table top. Rather than having equal numbers.
T3chW01f
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

http://www.dashpunk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:54 pm

First, let me welcome you to the forums. It's always great to see peopling taking an interest in the map.

You won't be seeing a lot of new units for a while for several reasons (I'm guessing close to end of beta). First off, we want to get rid of bugs first and finish the core of the game before adding more models. Secondly, all of the heroes need to be balanced and fun to play. Also, currently we only have one modeler (me). So, unless someone makes more Warhammer 40k models and releases them or we get another modeler new units won't be added that fast . Even after they are made by me or someone else, the map size limit for battle net is 4mb, and we're at 3.15 already. However, we can get around this limit by releasing a downloadable mpq patch that overrides the blizzard models and sounds for this map. Such a patch is a possibility in the future but most likely not until after beta.

I do like your idea about making less marines and more orks; However, there are some issues with doing this that would need to be addressed.
The main problem would be balancing the gold and xp given. Combat wise I don't think balancing would be difficult ( think zerglings Razz).
Also, it would make it difficult for 2 heroes in one lane to farm unless the gold bounty for the marines was high enough.

Grasshopper is very by the book when it comes to the table top Razz So, there is a good chance he'll like this idea too.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:19 pm

T3chW01f wrote:An apothecary unit spawn would be awesome. Give it some sort of semi-long cd cannibalize like ability that gives it better defense for each gene seed it collects off fallen marines.

i want to do an apothicary as a hero so, no go on that idea

Land Raiders/IG various tanks/etc. as spawns as well
for all extra spawn ideas, as well as needed a decent model, im gona implement extra spawns as 'hireable' units from the base. itll come

[qutoe]I would say make the Tau mobile suits spawns but I would really like to recommend those as heroes it seems like the tau only have one decent hero currently.[/quote]
yeah i wann have more tau heros

For Ork side i'd say war truks are a must. I'd like to see the red ones go faster rule implemented. Like maybe make it a buyable temporary upgrade for the ork side with a very long coold down because well the imperium doesn't want to get spammed with fast movin ork vehicles.
again, good idea, but might be a while before its implemented

For a more realistic note. If there is some way that you could balance it that ork spawns are much larger that the marine spawns but balanced in their powers that if there was no interference from heroes they'd be at pretty much a standstill or slightly back and forth from outpost to outpost with out them being captured. This would represent the warhammer 40k universe better. Because as far as standard units go there's less of the marines in fights but they take out larger masses simply because they're designed to. So having a small unit of marines being at a standstill with a large unit of orks would make it more like the table top. Rather than having equal numbers.

this is dangerously tricky to balace, for many many reasons. believe me i *want* to do this, but for the sake of balance issues and other things (like to mnay units on the map, and they just freeze) i cant/wont
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Well if you do an apothecary hero, the gene seed collection is still a possible idea as a stackable defense skill the resets at death.

I do realize that it would be dangerously tricky to balance. That idea was just more of hopeful wishing.

Oh another suggestion though, make heroes side specific. Because do you honestly see a zoanthrope fighting along side a greyknight for the imperium or at all. I also don't see a tau pathfinder fightning along side orks either. That way a team can't try to stack all the "best" characters from each side on one team.
T3chW01f
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:09 pm

Oh another suggestion though, make heroes side specific. Because do you honestly see a zoanthrope fighting along side a greyknight for the imperium or at all. I also don't see a tau pathfinder fightning along side orks either. That way a team can't try to stack all the "best" characters from each side on one team.

We are going to be making a race wars game mode that will be almost exactly what you suggest. Eventually there will also be a 4vs4vs4 and 3vs3vs3vs3 not just the standard 5vs5 or 6vs6 that is coming soon (hopefully).

I won't speak for Grasshopper but I have an idea of why he didn't do that. I believe dota has changed people's way of thinking when it comes to Aos's, and now everyone just has to have ap or ar, or they won't play the game.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Well I hope race wars mode is what his bot will host lol.
T3chW01f
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:46 pm

i guess there will be two diff 'races' modes

one that is currently in evelopement for ideas, is basically u chose two diff races (one for each team) that will fight it out, limiting your selection of heros to that race only for your team, and possibly changing the buildings and spawns

the other will be dark's idea, where its actually 3-5 diff races fighting it out on the same map.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:48 pm

For the War Truck idea, couldn't you just make it a hero like Burning Lance? (Who, IMO, absolutely needs a new model. I mean, Burning Lance was an Eldar Walker robot, right?)

I think it would make a good speed based guerilla fighter hero.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:48 pm

burning lance is an eldar phoenix lord XD google him Razz hes very much an infantry
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:55 pm

I'd rather see the ork stompa as a one of the first vehicle heroes.
T3chW01f
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:56 pm

isnt the stompa that ork titan? or am i thinking of something else
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin