A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged)

5 posters

Go down

[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) Empty [Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged)

Post by T3chW01f Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:21 am

Hive Tyrant

The Hive Tyrant is a large and massively powerful Tyranid creature, the closest thing to a leader of a battlefield swarm yet seen. Like many Tyranids they seem to able to mutate rapidly, and several different physical characteristics have been reported. All Hive Tyrants are highly psychic, and their relationship to the Hive Mind is closer than even that of Tyranid Warriors. The Hive Tyrants embody the Hive Mind completely, but their destruction does not diminish it in any way.

Based on hive tyrant equipped with Barbed Strangler, Twin linked Devourerer, Ehanced senses, Toxic Miasma, and a tyrant guard.

Ranged Agi Hero

Innate: Living Ammunition & Fearless (passive) X% to do Yx critical. Immune to fear and slow effects.

Many tyranid weapons are complex and multi-species symbiotes that fire small but vicious Tyranid creatures, such as the worm-like organisms hurled by the devourer or the flresh-eating beetles launched by the fleshborer. Heat-sensitive, these voracious life-forms have adapted to seek out heat sources and vital areas before burrowing into their foe.

The Hive Tyrant is also fearless, being the embodiment of the Hive Mind it's self it knows no fear.

1st skill: Barbed Strangler (active) ranged Aoe that deals X damage and stuns for Y seconds. [if possible use entangle animation for this attack]

The barbed strangler is a seed channelled from the sac of a thick feeder arm into a simple launcher little more than a muscled tube. The strangler seed-pod grows to maturity in seconds, spreading and groiwn in all directions with blinding speed, sending out hooked tendrils to bind and then tear apart its prey. Studies of the creature have revealed it to be sentient alien flora with similarities to some ground-based xenomorphs.

2nd skill:Toxic Miasma (active toggle:does a slow mana drain) -Y% damage to all things attacking and being attacked by Hive tyrant.

The chimney-like vents sprouting from the backs of the larger tyranids sometimes have clusters of miscroscopic, algal symbiotes around their rims that poison the air with soporific emissions.

3rd Skill: Enhanced Senses (passive) +X range and +X vision

Tyranids which habitually use ranged weapon-symbiotes often to have complex antennae or clusters of sensory apparatus across the head area. Autopsies have revealed increased nerve meshing that implies these creatures are becoming virtual subordinates to their guns.

Ulti Skill: Tyrant Guard Retinue (Active) summon W tyrant guard with X healthy Y damage and Z armor.

The Hive Tyrant may take a retinue of Tyrant Guard.

Tyrant Guard are living shield whose resistance to injury is amazing. Blind and ultimately controled by the Synpase creatures they protect, these half-sentient but ferocious creatures appear to have been bio-geineered specifically to counter anti-tyranid doctrine.

Last edited by T3chW01f on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
T3chW01f
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

http://www.dashpunk.com

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) Empty Re: [Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged)

Post by DarkWanderer Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:55 am

This hero looks pretty good Wolf, but I have a few suggestions.

3 passives is a bit too many imo. (We used to have the same problem with typhus)

Also, how about an ability that uses the "venom cannon" or death splitter" from this link

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged) Empty Re: [Incomplete] Tyranid - Hive Tyrant (ranged)

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:09 am

also, i dont like the two skills in one thing going on
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Took off toxin sacs and made toxic miasma an active toggle with a suggest slow mana drain. Obviously it's going to be a Str/Agi oriented hero so that'll assure he can't just keep it on forever unless they waste item slots with mana regen items. Specially if they plan on firing off barbed strangler as well.

The reason why he doesn't have a venom cannon or death spitter ability is because he's not equipped with them. As I stated this is based on a 'nid equipped with the listed equipment. Also one of the weapons he has needs to be his base normal weapon. Which I made it be the devourer, because I felt a ranged aoe base innate for his normal attacks would be far far far too powerful. I felt their fearless and living ammunition from his devourer would make a better less overpowerful innate because I think only 1 character has a fear and only 2 or 3 characters have a slow. That's also why I feel tacking on fear and slow immunity to his innate isn't over powered because it only affects less 1/5th of the total characters and seen to be even less than that.

I'll also be putting up a Melee based Hive Tyrant in a bit.
T3chW01f
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:15 pm

to me, it doesnt seem as if tyrant guard fit his ultimate very well. doesnt fit with the skillset
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:14 am

well an alternate would be making toxin sac an ultimate with +x damage for however long the toxin sac lasts.
T3chW01f
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:05 am

that fits better, but is there anyawy to make it more interesting than just +dmg
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:50 pm

Maybe make it have a poison effect as well?
T3chW01f
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:59 pm

possible, maby give it some form of poison attack?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by a_broken_twig Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:42 am

well what it you gave him a psychic power for his ultimate. I dont have the book on me since i left for college but i know theres a leech essence that heals the hive tyrant if there are nearby enemies

a_broken_twig
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:57 am

did you check his skillset? Razz
That's skill 3

*doesnt pay attention*

Now that I know what thread were in...

I want to avoid generic heroes, and look at implementing specific named characters.
(generic heroes are difficult cause there are usually many different ways that a single hero can be built. See tau pathfinder arguments and the (used to be) two hive tyrant heroes)[b]
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by a_broken_twig Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:43 pm

hate to burst you naming the heros bubble, but as far as i know there are no named tyrants in Nid history unless the table top army owner named their's something like frank/betty. So you either need to come up with a name, leave it as hive tyrant, or use the Imperium geno species name for it(whatever it is)

a_broken_twig
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by a_broken_twig Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:44 pm

and i did just spend like an hour and a half googling it

a_broken_twig
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:05 pm

The Swarmlord Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by a_broken_twig Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:16 pm

... jerk

a_broken_twig
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by a_broken_twig Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:21 pm

oh and after rereading over the ultimate tyrant guards in table top are required, i think, to take the wounds for the tyrant. So maybe adding a damage mitigation to the guards could be part of the semi plain ultimate

a_broken_twig
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:40 pm

Lol sorry Razz

You can check out cell's thread for him if you want. Cause its likely this one won't get in
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by a_broken_twig Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:45 pm

one more thing. since this hero isnt really named what if you gave it the multiple skill thing like the necron lord has for the first skill atleast. giving the player the choice between the venom cannon: high damage nuke w/ slow/dps, stranglethorn cannon(barbed strangler): aoe stun, and a death spitter: low cd with semi low damage and some other kind of effect. just a thought. i dont think that any of the extra powers would make him over powered since your giving him a crit and a stun. and bonus damage from something? with summons to creep block on retreating stunned players.

say what cell's thread? understand y this wouldnt get in ever if not in next 5 editoins. but which is his thread

a_broken_twig
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Its in the section if I recall correctly. Swarmlord, hive tyrant.
Or something like that Razz
And I woulda made a modular give tyrant of the Swarmlord wasn't going in
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:05 pm

Grass, your grammar makes me want to lament for the state of English in today's world. D: Or actually, it's just your spelling that's so atrocious >_>

A nid focused on range will come eventally. Just need to find the right one and refine it. Biovores with Twin-Linked Heavy Venom Cannons? xD
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:20 pm

>.> blame my phone for that

the screen is small enough that i cant see if i make a spelling mistake, and add the fact that it auto 'corrects' my words for me, and my from-phone posts really suck >.>

sorry Sad
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down