A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_vote_lcap63%(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_vote_lcap38%(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad!

+4
Glycine
Xenostalker
Grass Hopper
doomcowgod
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! Empty (Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad!

Post by doomcowgod Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Okay, this hero is going to take a bit of explaining. Basically, he has a pool of abilities he can pick from to basically customize his build. With the abilities in this pool, there's basically going to be hundreds of possible combinations for the Hive Tyrant to choose from. Each ability will pick from a different SET of biomorphs, and the biomorphs will also impact his skill gain (If this is possible? Otherwise, just making them give flat bonuses and penalties to stats would work too, I guess. Just multiply the bonuses by 25/4 to find the bonus/penalty per skill level). I think it would also be awesome if the skill with the most gain per level (Or if that doesn't work, the largest flat bonus) would become his primary stat.

As another note, all of the values for the skills are just approximated, because the skills will be hard to balance.

// Do work, Grass.

Fist of the Hive - Hive Tyrant

Str - 2.0
Agil - 2.0
>Int - 2.1

MS - 295

Range - Melee

Ability Pool One: Aggressive Adaptations

Acid Maw - A unit attacked by a Hive Tyrant with this ability receives a stacking debuff that reduces its armor by .1/.15/.2/.25 and its MS by .25/.5/.75/1% per attack to a maximum of 5/10/15/20 armor and 20/40/60/80% MS. Increases Strength gain by .1, and Agility gain by .2, but decreases Intelligence gain by .3.

Bio-Plasma - Bio-Plasma allows the Hive Tyrant to spew Biotic Plasma at a nearby target, dealing 1/2/3/4x the Hive Tyrant's base damage in damage and have their damage reduced by 10/20/30/40% for 2/3/4/5 seconds. Mana cost is 100/125/150/175, and cooldown is 20/19/18/17. Increases Strength gain by .1, but decreases Agility gain by .1.

Flesh Hooks - Flesh Hooks passively increase the Hive Tyrant's movement speed by 20/25/30/35. In addition, the Hive Tyrant gains an ability that deals 1/2/3/4x the Agility of the Hive Tyrant in damage and decreases the target's movement speed by 20/30/40/50% for 3/4/5/6 seconds. Mana Cost is 100/130/160/190. Cooldown is 30 seconds/all levels. Increases Agility gain by .3, decreases Intelligence gain by .3.

Implant Attack - A Hive Tyrant with this ability deals 4/8/12/16 additional damage per attack when it attacks the same target. Increases Agility gain by .2, but decreases Strength gain by .1 and Agility gain by .1

Toxin Sacks - Coat's the Hive Tyrant's close combat weapons with toxic parasites, giving it a 15/20/25/30% chance to deal 50/75/100/125 bonus damage and decrease the foes armor by 4/6/8/10 to a maximum of 20. Increases Strength gain by .2, but decreases Agility gain by .1 and intelligence gain by .1.

Ability Pool Two: Survival Adaptations

Adrenal Glands - Gives the Tyrant an activatable buff that increases the Hive Tyrant's attack speed by 200% and his movement speed by 50/60/70/80 for .5/1/1.5/2 seconds. During this ability, the Hive Tyrant takes 25/50/75/100 damage per second. Mana cost is 80, all levels, and cooldown is 5/8/11/14 seconds. Increases the Hive Tyrant's Strength gain by .3, but reduces his Agility gain by .3.

Enhanced Senses - Gives the Hive Tyrant a 5/10/15/20% chance to deal 1.4/1.8/2.2/2.6x damage and a 4/8/12/16% chance to avoid an attack. Increases Agility gain by .2, but decreases Strength gain by .1 and Intelligence gain by .1.

Extended Carapace - Increases the Hive Tyrant's armor by 3/6/9/12, grants him 3/6/9/12 damage reduction, and (If this is possible?) reduces the chance of a foe to critical hit the Tyrant by 3/6/9/12%. Increases Strength gain by .3, but reduces Agility gain by .2, and Intelligence gain by .1.

Toxic Miasma - Gives the Hive Tyrant an activatable aura that decreases the attack speed and movement speed of nearby foes by 5/10/15/20%, and decreases attack speed by an additional .5/1/1.5/2% and movement speed by an additional .25/.5/.75/1% every time they attack a nearby enemy(Or every second they're in the duration, if this is difficult). Duration is 9/11/13/15 seconds and mana cost is 80/90/100/110. Has no effect on Stat gain.

Ability Pool Three: Close Combat Adaptations

Bone Swords - Increases the Hive Tyrant's damage by 6/12/18/24, and gives the Hive Tyrant an aura which causes nearby enemies to take 5/10/15/20 damage whenever they attack in melee. Gives an additional .1 Strength gain and .1 Intelligence gain, at the cost of .2 Agility gain.

Lash Whips - Gives the Hive Tyrant 25/50/75/100 extra attack range, and causes foes who attack the Hive Tyrant to lose 10/15/20/25% of their attack speed. Increases Intelligence gain by .2 at the cost of .2 Strength gain.

Rending Claws -

Scything Talons - Increases the Hive Tyrant's attack speed by 7/14/21/28% and gives the Hive Tyrant a 2/4/6/8% chance to increase his attack speed by an additional 20/30/40/50% for 3 seconds. Increases Agility gain by .2, but decreases Strength gain by .1 and Intelligence gain by .1.

Ability Pool Four: Projectile Adaptations

Barbed Strangler - Gives the Hive Tyrant a nuke that hits a wide AoE with long range for 120/160/200/240 damage and pins creeps in the AoE to the ground for 2/3/4/5 seconds and does an addition 20 DPS to them. Heroes struck have their movement speed reduced by 5/10/15/20% for 1/2/3/4 seconds. Mana cost is 150/170/190/210, cooldown is 15/17/19/21 seconds all levels. Increases the Hive Tyrant's Intelligence gain by .1 and decreases it's Agility gain by .1.

Deathspitter - Gives the Hive Tyrant a nuke that hits a small AoE with a decent range for 100/150/200/250 immediate damage and 5/10/15/20 damage over 5 seconds. Mana cost is 100 all levels, and Cooldown is 17 seconds all levels. Increases Intelligence by .2, but decreases Strength gain by .1 and Agility gain by .1.

Devourer - Gives the Hive Tyrant a nuke that deals 15/20/25/25 damage a tick and increases by a tick per second for 4/4/4/5 seconds. So the first level will do 15+30+45+60, the second will do 20+40+60+80, ETC. Also has a 10% chance to inflict a mini (.1 sec) stun on the target per tick. Range is short-ish, cooldown is 25 seconds all levels, and mana cost is 110/120/130/140. Increases the Hive Tyrant's Agility gain by .1, and decreases Strength gain by .1.

Venom Cannon - Gives the Hive Tyrant a wave with a very thin path but a long range. Deals 150/200/250/300 to whatever it hits and reduces armor by 3/5/7/9 for 5/6/7/8 seconds. Mana Cost is 150/170/190/210, cooldown is 18/19/20/21 seconds. Increases Intellgience gain by .1, decreases Strength gain by .1.

Spinefists - Gives the Hive Tyrant a 3/6/9/12 DPS Phoenix Fire ability, and an activatable 'Shotgun' style wave that fires 8/12/16/20 quills that do 10/15/20/25 damage each in a wide spread to the first enemy they hit. Mana cost is 120/130/140/150 and Cooldown is 20 seconds all levels. Increases Strength gain by .1, and decreases Agility gain by .1.

Innate: Tyrant Phalanx

Allows the Tyrant to summon a Tyrant Guard. The Tyrant Guard is an extremely durable, but slow unit, that can take some damage for the Hive Tyrant. The Tyrant can have a maximum of 1/2/2/3 Guards. Mana cost is 100 for all levels. Cooldown is 60 seconds for all levels.

Tyrant Guard: 600/700/1100/1200 Health, 20-40 slow damage, 5/8/14/17 armor. Has the 'Shieldwall' ability which can spread 25% of the damage the Tyrant takes to nearby Guards, and the 'Reinforced Chitin' ability, which reduces all damage taken by 1/2/6/7.

Ability One: Aggressive Adaptation Allows the Tyrant to choose one Aggressive Adaptation.

Ability Two: Survival Adaptation Allows the Tyrant to choose one Survival Adaptation.

Ability Three: Close Combat Adaptation Allows the Tyrant to choose one Close Combat Adaptation.

Ability Four: Offensive Adaptation Allows the Tyrant to choose one Projectile Adaptation.

doomcowgod
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! Empty Re: (Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad!

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:17 pm

i think people should comment on this >.>

i do like the idea... but when u level up... lets say (ability pool 3) do you have to stick with the same skill for the rest of the game? cause youll quickly run out of slots to put the skills
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! Empty Re: (Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad!

Post by Xenostalker Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Seems like an excessive amount of attention towards a single hero...
Xenostalker
Xenostalker
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:28 pm

I disagree. Tyranids are amazing in how they have so many different adaptations. Why shouldn't the premier unit of the Tyranids not have so many options to choose from?

I think instead of having tyrant guard as his innate, he should have an option to choose different psychic powers.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by doomcowgod Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Grass Hopper wrote:i think people should comment on this >.>

i do like the idea... but when u level up... lets say (ability pool 3) do you have to stick with the same skill for the rest of the game? cause youll quickly run out of slots to put the skills

You have to stick to the same skill.

As for 'excessive attention', I felt this idea was much more useful (And better) than the idea of splitting the Hive Tyrant into two heroes, neither of which encompassed the actual idea of the Hive Tyrant.

I've also been told that the skills are bland, which I rather agree with, which is why people should suggest some -_-

doomcowgod
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:57 pm

lol, nah their fine for the most part Razz

and couple things on stats. its not possible to change stat gain and primary atribute. (well, i could trigger the stat gain, so ignore that bit... but i cant change primary atribute)
which leads to my next point. why is he int?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doomcowgod Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:46 pm

Well, the idea was that if you went for a combat build of any sort, his stat gain (and thus primary stat) would switch to whatever you were focusing on.

doomcowgod
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:47 pm

yeah, but i cant change primary stat so Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenostalker Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Glycine wrote:I disagree. Tyranids are amazing in how they have so many different adaptations. Why shouldn't the premier unit of the Tyranids not have so many options to choose from?

I think instead of having tyrant guard as his innate, he should have an option to choose different psychic powers.

Well... we could do that for a Space Marine as well? Customize the weapons output, and everything else.

We, I presume, want people to play the game to have fun, not play the game to play a single hero.
Xenostalker
Xenostalker
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by doomcowgod Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Are you complaining about a hero being complex? If so, GTFO, otherwise, is there a reason you're stating a really obvious fact?

doomcowgod
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:05 pm

He'll be the most complex hero to date, and why not? It gives a whole new meaning to the thought of adaptability, although the skills might need to be adjusted to be effective against different enemies, rather than having different effects.

I.e: One could do something against casters, like a silence (Hence why I suggested Psychic Powers), another could reduce the armor of tanks, that ability could cripple the damage of dps agility heroes, so on and so forth.

In this way, he can be an anti-hero in a way and not be stuck in one mold for the entire game.

Sure, you could do this with a space marine, but a space marine doesn't have the flexibility or the pure ability of the Hive Tyrant to make it work as well. Besides, who wouldn't have fun with a customizable hero? It's like you can almost buy a wide range abilities for him without any cost, which is awesome.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:27 pm

i agree with glycine on the inante id say make it a pool of psychic powers stead of a gurad summon

other than that i really liek the concept and xeno id have to greatly disagre with you this is an exceelent idea and as glycine stated yes you can do it with an sm BUT nids are KNOWN for their differing adaptations so it fits here alot better

when i have more tiem i will take time and try to popose side effects and make it less "bland" whether u liek em or not we will see haha Razz
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by doomcowgod Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:06 am

Alternatively, and I know this would be annoying, and look a bit unprofessional, but I'm SURE there's a way to trigger him to lose -1 damage per strength point and gain +1 per agil point (Or vice versa) with triggers. If you say it can't be done, look at Tomb of Jerecho, which has the most batshit awesome skill system ever created. The bastard influences your stats and damage with things that aren't even actually stats.

doomcowgod
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:51 am

so you are proposing giving him a ranodm primary attribute but through your skills X attribute is the one that effects your damage?

id tht can be done thats a good idea its essentially the same as a "primary" attributte just with out the physical change
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:14 pm

hmmm, it is possibly.. but u would get the +green numbers instead of +white numbers
and +%dmg skills would fail on him, because they only amplify base+stat damage
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:12 pm

As I told you before in chat, I like the idea, though at the moment a lot of skills look similar/bland. I'll try to make time in the future and suggest some as well (Though with the sheer customization of it, even with these skills he could be fine.).

I agree with Glycine on the psychic adaptations for an ulti as well.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:42 pm

haha fromu glyc thinks that his innate should be changed from tyrant guard to a pool of psychich powers not his ult Razz

but im hoping thats waht u meant and as i stated i also agree with this change.

as of right now its kind of out of place its like hey look you can customize this and that BUT now you get summons (even though they are customizable themselves) i feel a pool of psychich powers serves him better then a summon
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by doomcowgod Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:58 pm

The only problem with the Psychic powers is that EVERY SINGLE ONE of the powers the Hive Tyrant can take are all used by the Zoanthrope >_>

doomcowgod
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:19 pm

Not all of them. Very Happy I posted a few he could use in the earlier make of hive tyrant.

Because he's a Hive Tyrant and has synapse potential, he should have at least one synapse skill available to him. For example, Warp Field would extend his survivability immensely by say... blocking a % of attacks/spells that specifically select him as a target while still allowing AoE damage to affect him 100%. The Horror could make him devastating against melee opponents, as it would interrupt a % of melee attacks directed at him.

He could even go Warp Blasting with Zoey and rape everything in his path...
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:47 pm

Oops, hadn't seen the Tyrant was his innate XD

That being said, I was talking about the same skill. Just saw it at the bottom and assumed it was an ult.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by doomcowgod Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:42 pm

The Hive Tyrant isn't technically allowed to take The Horror, and he has a synapse effect from the Boneswords, though it's a bit weak.

The Hive Tyrant is only able to take 5 of the Tyranid powers, and we gave all of the ones he can take to Zoey.

doomcowgod
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:45 pm

lmao poor tyrant D: but hey, some skills are reused in the map already, just with different effects Razz
(example => feel no pain, furious charge(i know, the other one isnt implemented yet, but its in complete and being voted on))
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:59 pm

theres a good point haha so take same old psychic powers and put ur own spin on em Razz
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:20 am

My question, would be how would you be able to choose the path he takes? Would they just be skills, that gain effects as you go along or what? It sounds cool that you can customize a hero to how you like it, and almost wish you could do it for more heroes (but that would be too much work Razz)
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

http://williamc561993@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:59 am

because you would choose for example a bunch od str gaining or tnaking abilities and ud make him kind of a mini tnak or you would choose dps abilities and makes him more dps oriented so thats how you would choose your own path =]
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next