A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior

+2
Grass Hopper
T3chW01f
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 Empty Re: [Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:24 pm

hmm, then im seriously missing out on some nid knowledge then... XD my bad. well, i like the current set up on spine fists/wings/lash... making him more of a ganker than a dps hero... which i think is good. cause late game dps heroes are notoriously difficult to balance. ( not to mention, in my opinion, ganker heroes are so much mroe fun XD)

ok, and i didnt wanna give his ult a passive slow, cause hes already god spine fists, acid maw, and wings to incapacitate his enemies. now, i could turn him into a dps hero, give him scything talons and a slow to ihis ult... but as a concept, i dont want to do that to the hero.
and his ult gives: 38 damage, 760 hp, and a bonus (say 22.8 damage, assuming a 1v1 situation, or closer to 68 assuming a chasing situation), as well as improving the damage done by spine fists.

the innate: stuns > everything... period. if there arent any heavy stunners on their team, dont level your innate first, if there are, consider taking some stats over perhaps more levels of wings or maw. giving him a way to counter stunners (which everyone needs) gives him much more of an edge over other heroes (without giving him a spell block, cause like 3 heroes already have that)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior - Page 2 Empty Re: [Tyranid] Shrike- Tyranid Warrior

Post by Glycine Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:06 pm

You know what? This hero is a Tyranid Warrior. >> *tosses it over there* It comes nowhere close to the magnificence that Hive Tyrants embody. So I'll make the most terrifying of them all, the Swarmlord.

TT-wise, he's an absolute monster in close combat, when he gets there. Otherwise he's a nice paperweight to get owned by ranged heavy weapons.

Expect a tentative build to be up this evening.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:39 pm

agreed, thats why its now a tyranid warrior Very Happy
and i changed fearless to synapse. same effect, but its now an aura
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:46 pm

Could we give him a slightly more imposing weapon than spine fists? Like a Strangler or a Devourer? xD;

Acid Maw begs overpowerness. What's the castable range on the hook?

Did we seriously give him a jump skill with no other function besides a blink? Surely more can be done with a Warrior.

And toxin sacs is somewhat lacking as an ult. You may have a Warrior who has more health than a carnifex, which makes no sense. >>

Perhaps we could give him the Alpha Warrior aura, which gives his squad the Tyranid Prime's Weapon and Ballistic skill when he joins them?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:06 pm

your looking at the name and not the function, fluff above gameplay Razz

spine fists is fine as a skill, an aoe slow/damage that can hit multiple units
and yes, it fits with his ganker/chaser theme.

and the range would be about 300-400 for acid maw, and its not really a hook, its a target abilty. no dodging.
and yes, ill reduce the duration, increase the mana cost, and increase the cooldown.

and are you suggesting we replace toxin sacs, which increases the power of his fists, tanking, and damage, as well as giving him a dot attack... to prolly a trueshot aura?

his ult, again, fits fine with his current skillset. and i doubt that he'll get more hp than the fex, cause he doesnt have as high a gain, and the fex gets his first skill.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by a_broken_twig Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:17 pm

I like the Acid Maw skill, but that is not what an Acid Maw really is. The skill seems like it would act more like a Lash Whip. Also the Acid Maw was recently restricted to only the Pyrovore.

a_broken_twig
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:55 pm

actually, as of Codex: Tyranids 3rd edition, that is the exact description of acid maw.

soo... old hero Very Happy
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:06 pm

>> Think we could update him a bit? xD
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:07 pm

no XD cause the hero works fine as it is

chaser/ganker! he works
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by a_broken_twig Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:41 pm

k I've not read that version before

a_broken_twig
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2