A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander Empty [Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander

Post by Krath Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:12 pm

So basically;

story (needs work):
Shas'O Or'es'Ka is the leader of the Tau Fire Caste strike force sent to the Kaurava system and is of the Fal'Shia sept. The Shas'O goes to battle in an XV22 Battlesuit.

stats:
strength: 18 + 1.6
agility: 24 + 2.5
intelligence: 20 + 2.2

movespeed: 315
range: 550

Innate: Drone Squadron
Or'es'Ka's XV22 Battlesuit is equipped with advanced drone controlling units that controll specialized drones created to assist Or'es'ka's in battle. Three drones are under his controll: A Marker Drone whom targets all enemies nearby with markerlights, allowing allies to crush them accurately; A Gun Drone whom can pin down enemy units ; and a Shield Drone, which provides protection for nearby units, reducing the damage taken.
Once killed, drones take 60/51/42/33/24/15 seconds to respawn.
Drones:
Spoiler:

Skill 1: Snare Trap
Or'es'Ka throws a snare trap at a target point which explodes when an enemy unit walks upon or near it. When enemies walk near the mine, it explodes dealing 70/110/150/190 damage, slowing them by 20/25/25/30%, and causing them to miss 50/60/70/80% of their attacks.

Skill 2: Target Acquired
The Tau Commander's Battlesuit enable the use of specialized missle systems designed to pummel his foes into dust. Or'es'Ka's has a 18% chance per attack to fire a missle that stuns the target for 0.5/0.75/1/1.25 seconds, knocking them back for 100/130/160/190 distance.

Skill 3: Shield Generator
The XV22 Battlesuit is equipped with a Shield Generator to counter the frailties of the suit. However, if the Battlesuit is defeated, the generator resets, restarting the process of generation. Every 60/50/40/30 seconds Or'es'ka's gains 1 strength.

Ultimate: Ar'Ka Cannon
The Ar'Ka cannon is the huge moon-based cannon built by the tau to bombard their enemy from space. Or'es'Ka's has a direct link to the satalite and can focus its huge beam on the target location, dealing 100/150/200 damage per second for 5 seconds on the target aoe.
channeling.
cooldown: 160 seconds. manacost: 200/300/400. range: 1000. aoe: 500

original post:
Spoiler:
Krath
Krath
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander Empty Re: [Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander

Post by Glycine Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:08 am

Well, interesting. Can't say it's original, but it looks effective. Might need to improve his mobility, though. He sounds a bit like Cato, except without the annoying summons. Perhaps make him a bit unique? Use that good old Tau ingenuity to solve problems. ^^

And if you can code, I will adore you. Although if you're interested in coding for the map, do talk to Grass.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander Empty Re: [Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:44 am

Hmm, tau commanders usually have an offensive and a defensive drone dont they? Meh, theres not much the dont have in terms of firepower... I agree with Gly, anyone who can code is basically a god in aos' hehehe.
Also some pointers if you need some help with equipment:

Pulse Carbines.
Smart Missle System.
Fusion Cutter.
Flamer.
Airbursting Fragmentation Projector. (launches fragmentation munitions that contain rudimentary AI.)
Recoil Absorbtion.
Vectored Retro-Thrusters.
Blacksun Filter. (Allows great sight during nighttime scenarios)
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:16 pm

to the two above me, he codes in GUI Razz which isnt as helpful as u think. he knows how code works, but cant code the way i do, and jass is much better than GUI cause of mui, and leaks, and its just faster.

ok, i moved this to sandbox for you Razz
and when posting a suggestion, its easierr to post it in the format that most of the other heroes used (like innate: name, the list discription, and levels and effects... look at some other hero suggestions to know what i mean)

anyway! onto the skills.
hes a nuker/ganker?
suggestion: make the ultimate (pretty much) a channeled version of orbital bombardment, make it do like, X damage per second on the target area.
the marker drone idea, i have no idea. but giving him truestrike seems pretty useless if none of his other attacks rely on his physical damage Razz
unless u make target acquired a passive on chance attack?
hm.. call it drone... somethings? drone squad... or something more suitible.
3 drones follow him around that can be targeted and destroyed.
1: marker drone. units near the drone gain truestrike (might make this a target spell because of stacking issues)
2: gun drone. attacks units with a chance to bash? (dont drone guns have pinning?)
3: shield drone. units near the drone take X% less damage (doesnt affect the drone itself)

so assuming my suggestions as above (they are just suggestions, it being your hero > it being my game)
innate: drones
skill 1: snare trap (ranged trap that slows and blinds units)
skill 2: target acquired (%chance to stun the target and knock them back over X seconds
skill 3: sheild generator (+1 str every X seconds, resets when dies)
ult: Target Lock(?) (your idea, cept channeled large damage over time on the target area)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krath Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:37 pm

Hey! I like GUI. I've accomplished lots with it! Sad

I like the drone idea, it would also be able to be levelled as an innate well enough.

So basically;

Shas'O Or'es'Ka is the leader of the Tau Fire Caste strike force sent to the Kaurava system and is of the Fal'Shia sept. The Shas'O goes to battle in an XV22 Battlesuit.

Innate: Drone Squad

Or'es'Ka's XV22 Battlesuit is equipped with many devices that provide many possibilities, one of these being the summoning of three drones that follow their commander. A Marker Drone whom targets all enemies nearby with red lasers, allowing allies to crush them accurately. A Gun Drone, whom can pin down enemy units and prevent them from doing anything, and a Shield Drone, which provides armor for nearby units, reducing the damage taken.

Skill 1: Snare Trap

Or'es'Ka throws a snare trap at a target point which explodes when an enemy unit walks upon or near it. The trap deals a little damage, slows and blinds nearby enemies, allowing for swifter destruction, or fleeing.

Skill 2: Target Acquired

The Tau Commander's Battlesuit allows him to at random times shoot an enhanced missile, which deals a good amount of damage, and knocks the target back, stunning them due to surprise and confusion.

Skill 3: Shield Generator

The XV22 Battlesuit is equipped with a Shield Generator to counter the impossibility of Or'es'Ka battling with his enemies at close range, due to his lack of strength. However, if the Battlesuit is defeated, the generator resets, restarting the process of generation.

Ultimate: Ar'Ka Cannon

The Tau built a huge cannon on a not-so-distant moon, ready to fire at any whom Or'es'Ka wishes, though it has a large cooldown. It fires a beam that damages nearby enemies greatly, though not at once. The beam needs time to spread through the enemies of the Greater Good, and kills them slowly.

I was thinking something like that, I'll leave the stats up to you. Know that he is agility based, and has little HP.
Krath
Krath
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:58 pm

looks good [Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander Icon_biggrin
now for other peoples comments [Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander Icon_razz
altho, i dont like the wording on target acquired.

oh, and for the innate, i was thinking on having the 3 drones be individually controlled, because as he is now, hes got 1 active spell, and a channeling ult... so as to give him a bit mroe to do.
just incase u didnt know that [Incomplete]Shas'O Or'es'Ka - Tau Commander Icon_razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krath Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:17 pm

Yeah, I thought so too. I just did the descriptions so you can base yours off them, edit as you please.
Krath
Krath
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Hmmm... Maybe have the % chance for the missle, to go up a bit while he channels his ultimate... Bleh im just raving but it would be a good idea to have an entangling roots type spell with one of the drones Very Happy
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Krath Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Wha?

That would be kind of unbalanced, don't you think? =/
Krath
Krath
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:35 pm

how does the %chance to missle increasing while hes channeling the ult? Razz the missle is on attack.

also: krath, what do u think about the gun drone having 100% chance to bash, but like 2 second attack cooldown? i wouldnt know fully how that would change the use of the drone, but eh, its an idea i had. could also make the attack cooldown go up, and yeah, the damage would be increased to compensate.
and for the marker drone, i think the true strike (if possible) should be enemy target only. cause that makes more sense, and would conflict with bashes/crits alot less.
and still thinking of a way to make the shield drone more interesting Razz

ill edit your first post for you
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krath Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:40 pm

I like the gun drone idea, slow cooldown, 100% bash. Make the cooldown go up a little though. What do you mean about the True Strike thing? Enemy target...?

Shield Drone could maybe be like based off of mana or something... Like a mana shield type. Something like that?

And thanks.
Krath
Krath
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:38 pm

like, target an enemy. and units that attack the targeted enemy cant miss
edit: and i edited your first post
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:22 am

I meant that while the Commander is channeling his ult, his rockets activate on enemie heroes once/twice every 2.5 seconds during channeling ult.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Krath Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:57 am

Oh, yeah, it could like based off bloodlust or something, except for enemies, and it would make them more... killable. I like the longer stun, slower attack speed thing on the gun drone.
13loodRaven; I'd rather he be vulnerable while channeling, unless it's a long channel, then I would agree.
Krath
Krath
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:53 am

if you've checked your op, the first markerlight single target non-channeling skill just gives true strike against the targeted unit. and then hes got a channeling basically-faerie fire
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krath Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Oh, right, I see that. Question; If accepted, when would this hero be implemented? Like in which version?

Off-Topic question; Got an estimate of when .44 will be released?
Krath
Krath
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:29 pm

no idea Razz depends how long he sits in developement. and how accepted he is by the community.

and as to .44... no idea XD if people played the RC version while i wasnt there it would make things go alot faster...
ill go make a post XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krath Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Go, community! Accept this hero! Smile
Krath
Krath
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:51 pm

i will move this out of the sand box tho
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krath Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:52 pm

What's that mean? Surprised
Krath
Krath
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:20 pm

this thread was in the sandbox forum, a place for heros-in-design. this is (prolly) not in design anymore, and just needs comments and potential minor changes.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krath Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:22 pm

Ah, okay. Sorry for the nub questions. :p
Krath
Krath
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:22 pm

s'ok XD we all have to learn sometime Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Good luck with it though Krath, I have created five heroes <.< and only one of them is in voting, so hopefully the commander will be accepted as origional. Just a tip with hero making. Put yourself in the position of the player. What would you (as the player) be looking for in a hero?
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:39 pm

Gotta say, the problem with hero making in general is everyone wants to do it, but only so many can be implemented at a time. Right now we only have the 'top 19' voted on for the next version, with a lot more waiting behind.

Basically, I don't want to crush your spirit, but I wouldn't expect to see many newly created heroes in for at least 3 versions (though I could be wrong; after all, Sigimund got in a lot faster than that.).
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next