A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[hero] carnifex I_vote_lcap63%[hero] carnifex I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[hero] carnifex I_vote_lcap38%[hero] carnifex I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[hero] carnifex I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[hero] carnifex I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[hero] carnifex I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[hero] carnifex I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[hero] carnifex I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[hero] carnifex I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[hero] carnifex I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[hero] carnifex I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[hero] carnifex I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[hero] carnifex I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[hero] carnifex

5 posters

Go down

[hero] carnifex Empty [hero] carnifex

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:10 pm

original thread here

stroy:
The Carnifex is a living engine of destruction evolved for use in shcok assaults, space ship boarding actions and massed battles where it can smash through almost any obstacle, whether it is a defensive line, enemy tanks or a fortified position. The assault of these creatures is terrifying to behold, a primitive force which smahes men and vehicles aside like children's toys

Old One Eye (Carnifex)
Stats:
->strength: 26 + 3.4
agility: 22 + 1.5
Intelligence: 10 + 1.4

innate: Bonded Exoskeleton
Bonded Exoskeletons come from ageing, and the older an organism the tougher its chitin. Various layers of bone, muscle and cartilage grow over various vital spots forming a sleek cover over the entire body. This makes creatures extremely tough and difficult to kill. Increases Armor by 1 every 8/7/6/5/4/3 minutes of the game.

Skill one: Adrenal Sac
The Adrenal Sac is a special container for excess adrenaline which it can use to temporarily enhance its senses, abilities and physical attributes. It is not big enough for extended use and will run out and require refilling after a single use. While active the Carnifex gains 10/16/22/28 str, 10/20/30/40 agi, and 15/21/27/33% movespeed. Also, Regeneration will not be disabled in combat as long as adrenal sac is active.
cd: 45, duration: 12/15/18/20, manacost: 90

skill two: Acid Blood
Literally all of the creatures bodily fluids are acidic so deep wounds will spew acidic liquids over nearby units. It has an equally devastating effect on armour as it does on flesh and is especially effective against lightly armoured enemies. Does damage to nearby units upon being attacked equal to 2/3/4/5% of the carnifex's current hp.

Skill three: Regeneration
Carnifexes have shown the ability to repair the most destructive battle damage, including delicate tissues and bodily organs, at an astonishing rate. Often scars are left, most notably in the head and neck which would be fatal to most other species. While not in combat, the Carnifex regenerates lost hp, the longer it stays out of combat, the more hp it regenerates. starts regenerating 6/5/4/3 seconds after its last attack, or after last being attacked, and regenerates .1/.2/.3/.4% of its max hp for every (1-2) seconds out of combat.
math: it makes its last attack, then 6 seconds later, it heals for .1% of its max hp (1000 hp => 1 hp) then after 15(30) seconds, itll be healing 1.5% of it max hp(15) per second

ult: Spine Banks
Spine Banks are rows of spines embedded in cavities in the carapace of the creature which are fired by muscle contraction at close ranges. This showers an area with spines covered with poison which easily incapacitate and distract nearby enemies. slows all enemies in 500 range of the Carnifex by 50/60/70% and damages by 200/300/400
cd: 140, manacost: 150/180/210

original suggestion:

stats:
->strength: 30 + 2.8
agility: 22 + 1.6
Intelligence: 10 + 1.4

movespeed: 280
attack range: Melee

innate: Bonded Exoskeleton
Bonded Exoskeletons come from ageing, and the older an organism the tougher its chitin. Various layers of bone, muscle and cartilage grow over various vital spots forming a sleek cover over the entire body. This makes creatures extremely tough and difficult to kill. Increases Armor and resistance by U/V/W/X/Y/Z every 10 minutes of the game.

skill one: Adrenal Sac
The sac is a special container for excess adrenaline which it can use to temporarily enhance its senses, abilities and physical attributes. It is not big enough for extended use and will run out and require refilling after a single use.
Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80
On self
Duration: 12/15/18/20 Seconds
+ O/P/Q/R Str + S/T/U/V Agi + W/X/Y/Z Movement speed
Cooldown: 1 minute

skill two: Acid Blood
Literally all of the creatures bodily fluids are acidic so deep wounds will spew acidic liquids over nearby units. It has an equally devastating effect on armour as it does on flesh and is especially effective against lightly armoured enemies. Does damage to nearby units upon being attacked by W/X/Y/Z. Passive

skill three: Regenerate.
Carnifexes have shown the ability to repair the most destructive battle damage, including delicate tissues and bodily organs, at an astonishing rate. Often scars are left, most notably in the head and neck which would be fatal to most other species.
Cooldown: 35 seconds
Duration 10 seconds
Cast on Self
Manacost: 100
+15%/25%/35%/45% of health

ult: Spine Banks
There are rows of spines embedded in cavities in the carapace of the creature which are fired by muscle contraction at close ranges. This showers an area with spines covered with poison which easily incapacitate and distract nearby enemies.
AoE around Caster: 500
CD: 120
Mana Cost: 150/175/200
Slow by 50%/60%/70%
Damage: 250/300/350

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:38 pm; edited 5 times in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[hero] carnifex Empty Re: [hero] carnifex

Post by Betrayer_kharn Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:11 pm

exoskeleton= 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 per 10 mins
adrenal sac= 4/8/12/16 str 3/6/9/12 agi and 15/30/45/60 movement speed (not %)
acid blood= 2/3/4/5% of their current hp as damage back

possibly?
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:17 am

I'd say the acid blood would have to be max hp. Otherwise you'd be spiraling downwards. 'nids fight harder as they lose. Not the other way around.
T3chW01f
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

http://www.dashpunk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:14 am

haha i meant of the attackers hp not the carnis hp XD 5% of the attacker current hp every attack
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:01 pm

I'd say make it 2/3/4/5% of the 'fex's max hp.
T3chW01f
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

http://www.dashpunk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:42 pm

we will let grass decide cause this aint my hero but i think 5% of attackers hp is more suited and would be mroe balance then weaker foes will take less damage and stronger foes more damage i said of attackers hp more or less for better balancing just liek the cron lords lightning field
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:37 pm

actually, % of the fex's hp fits his tanking theme better.

also, i changed the fex up a bit... look it over, and tell me what u think
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:59 am

Soooooo, I think we can conclude many things from this night's testing.

Regeneration is completely OP, for many, many reasons.

How so, you say? The Carnifex generally has a maximum of 4.5k hp with adrenal, 4k without. So we'll go with 4.25k as a consensus.

Using the handy math example provided to me up there (although if it's wrong, please disregard the rest of this topic), at level 25 regenning .4% of his health, after 10 seconds of not being in battle, he will regen 4250*0.04 = 170 health a second. That's absurd. He can simply run back to an outpost and be back to full health in less than 30 seconds, since it increases exponentially.

And then we have acid blood, the bane of every single agility hero. Because it does 5% of the fex's max HP at level 4, you simply cannot attack the fex head on and it's even more impossible to kill. Let's see. Say I was Lucius and I'm doing about 200 damage a hit, regaining 40 of that as health. Every time I hit the fex at max health, he does.. 4250 *0.05 =212.5 damage per hit, not including his actual attack. I'm attacking really fast too, so every second, assuming I pull off 2 attacks, I'm dealing 400 damage, and he's doing 825 to me. That's ridiculous. And casters can't even kill him, since their spells don't scale well enough yet to deal some damage.

Needs a cooldown for sure, as suggested.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:43 am

yeah, those numbers are way too powerful, so the actual fex ingame doesnt have them Razz

regen is .05/.1/.15/.2 % of max hp recovered, increasing every 3 seconds instead of 2
acid blood is 1/1.5/2/2.5% of current hp, and ill give it a .75 second cooldown or someting, so a creep wave does get isntantly owned

and jut to be clear, after 15 seconds, hes healing for 1.25% of his max hp (level 4)
and if hes at 4k hp, hes dealing 100 aoe damage (now on a .75 second cooldown)
if hes at 3k its 75 damage
2k = 50 etc... not nearly as bad as it seems, its just cause it had no cooldown at all, so it was doing 100 aoe return dmg *per creep*
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:33 pm

Actually, during the testing, I personally found Califax easy to kill, an ultimate such as soultheifs completely ignores the acidblood, etc because he is invulnerable during his ultimate. Califax would be taken down easily by most ranged nukers, such as farseer, or even the Avatar could take Califax. I dont think much nerfing is in order.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:11 pm

not a *whole* lot is nessisary, but he gets pretty strong pretty fast without much effort. he shrugs off most nukes with his huge str gain, and his real weakness is ranged dps heroes
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:38 pm

While ranged agi heroes are quite good against him, melee agi heroes get torn up by him at this point.

Even Lucius, who I was last night, couldn't even take him late game because I was getting so much damage back from acid blood. Look at my mathcraft for details. During my ultimate, I might do 1.3k damage to him, but he still has all that life I'd have to melee attack through.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:39 pm

acid blood cooldown (0 => 0.75)
that should fix alot of problems
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down