A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote!

+4
walt_jabsco
Fromundaman
Grass Hopper
Glycine
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which skill build should O'shova have?

Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap80%Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 10

Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote!

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:10 pm

hmmm... might be a good idea actually Very Happy

also limits the pathfinders already more than goodness XD
should it be target unit, jumps away from
or target point like it is now, letting the pathfinder autoattack/be issued an order while hes jumping.

then give o'shova the skill we talked about in wc3
(target point: oshova actiates his jets and charges towards the target location, blasting all enemies in the area with his plasma riffle)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote!

Post by Fromundaman Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Those both sound good. I prefer this to either of the bland jumps!
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:23 pm

lmao, ill post the tau one in the dev forum
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:28 am

So jump is done. What's his innate? Scarcity?

Shield gen is probably staying the way it is, so he needs a skill that will help him in melee.

Should it be the spin with knockback? Or could it be an skill that when turned on uses mana per strike and gives extra attack based on his agility and strength?

Like the destroyer's skill from dota.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:30 pm

oh, and i wont be able to buff individual item stats, but i could give a flat bonus for each item held (which means u might wanna rethink that skill then)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Could you buff the total bonuses given by the items?

So if I have 4 items that give me 80 attack and 30 str, could you give a bonus to the total of added stats?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:48 pm

nope, u cant detect what ability a hero has from items... (even if u could find out waht ability a hero has from items, i would have to do a check for every single passive item ablility, then do effects accordingly, which is waaay too much)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:01 pm

How would your flat bonus work?

Would it adapt to the tier of item held?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:03 pm

for every item held, he gains x bonuses. thats about all i could feasably do. (well, i could make bonuses bigger for recipe items Razz)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:22 pm

Hm?
Elaborate on that last statement in parenthesis.

Razz

Would it just be for O'shovah?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:31 pm

yeah, gets x bonus for each basic, or y bonus for each recipe.
thats about all i could do
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Wouldn't that make having more items better than having less then?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:40 pm

he has a max of 4 slots Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am

Hmmm.... I guess, but how would this progress?

Also, the bonuses would have to be pretty high to make up for losing 2 items worth of stat/bonus gains. That being said, that would make it too good early game... Hmmm... unless it has a rather extreme level growth?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:23 pm

if its his innate? i doubt it will be leveled first, and even if it did... it only maxes at like level... 15?
so u could do (for example) +5/7/9/11/13/15 dmg, ias and ms per item (total of +20/28/36/52/60 damage an ias and ms...) thats a bit much but just an example
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:37 pm

ok, updated build!

innate: For the Greater Good! (passive - aura)
o'shova holds great respect in the eyes of his enclave, inspiring them to destroy for the greater good.
gives a (regen and damage?) aura to nearby troops
(this skill needs themost work)

skill one: (needs a name... something leap?) (active)
O'Shova activates his suit's jump pack and speeds towards the target point, fireing a salvo of Plasma Rifle shots into the units. Jumps to the target point, dealing 100/170/240/310 damage to the units in the target area.

skill two: Dawn Blade (toggle)

skill three: (needs a name, destruction arc?) (active)
O'Shova add power to his dawn blade through his suit, charging it up and swinging an arc of destruction through the air (needs work)
O'Shova knocks back all enemies infront of him X distance, dealing (str based) damage

ult: Strike the Killing Blow (active)
O'Shova calls in a coordinated strike from his Battlesuit Reserves on his enemies. A battlesuit deepstrikes next to every enemy hero, unleashing a salvo of seaker missles, dealing 260/390/520 damage. Battlesuits are controlable and last untill death

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Oh god, no. Don't make his innate his suit.

We already have the for the greater good aura.

The ult isn't all that good. Battlesuits are pretty lame at all levels. D:

Perhaps make them have a % of the attack and armor that O'shovah has and give them more abilities as the ult is leveled?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Ummm... 520 damage to every hero on the map is not lame at all. It's more of a killing ult than a summon. On top of that, they have their 100 damage over 5 seconds skill + normal attack, so it's actually more of a 650 damage to every hero on the map, with controllable summons which last till death, meaning you can keep and build up for pushing (Which they will probably be good at considering they do bonus damage to buildings).

So basically, yeah, the suits themselves aren't that good, but the unit itself isn't really the point of this ult. It's like a Zeus ult from DOTA + summon.

I agree about the innate though. It's kind of lame Razz
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:49 am

hey, i was just tossing out ideas Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 Icon_razz and its similar to your proposed ult gly, just instead of them leaving, u get to controll them as a summon.

and the innate is changable... im not 100% happy with it either...

edit: and my goal for posting that was kinda making a combination of all three posted skillbuilds... (sadly yours got the least amount of love gly Razz).. hes got the battlesuit/hydraulics from kharn's the jetpack from the first two mixed in with the plasma rifle skill... the shield gen from both first builds, and your ult in a fashion...
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:24 am

What happened to the Scarcity innate?

(I just suggest it build up bonuses pretty gradually, because keep in mind you can have innate level 3-4 within the first 10 or so levels. Not always worth doing, but very much doable.)
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:19 pm

ok, so... buff the suits stats (yeah, i realsed they are kinda week... but thats mostly a damage/hp problem... so buff that)

remove the innate...
put in some sort of for the greater good aura... (a basic +dmg/armor aura isnt as interesting as it could be)

im trying to think of a last skill then
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_vespa Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:36 am

Hmm. Instead of making it a global against EVERY hero, make it a target global spell? E.g., no range limit, can be can on any hero and it damages it while summoning the suits. Seeing as it is now, O'Shovah can wipe a push all by himself if all the enemy heroes are in the same location. And Tau aren't exactly renowned for mass-murder tactics =3. Maybe add a ministun (like .5 seconds or so) when the suits drop?

As for the other skill you guys are debating on, here are a few suggestions based on O'Shovah's entry in the Tau 'dex:
- Blood Brothers: O'Shovah bonds himself to another hero, vowing to protect his blood brother from harm. Increases O'Shovah's and the bonded hero's armour by 2/4/6/8 and provides a 10/15/20/25% magic resistance to both units for 30 seconds. 30% of the damage taken by the bonded unit is transferred to O'Shovah if he is within 700 of his blood brother. Blood Brothers buff dispels itself if O'Shovah or the bonded hero are more than 1000 away. 45 second cooldown. Costs 75 mana.

- Dawn Blade: The dawn blade is an alien artifact that O'Shovah gained on the dead world of Arthas Moloch. Its sculpted surface flickers with unknown energies that paint glittering arcs of destruction as it is swung. Passive. Enemy units hit by the Dawn Blade have their armor reduced by 18/20/30/40% for 6 seconds. Does not stack with itself, but the debuff timer is reset everytime a unit is hit. Affects buildings. Also, every 18/14/10/6 seconds, O'Shovah deals a 1.4 modifier critical hit.

And while I'm at it, I'm throwing ideas for the Crisis Suits:
- Suits could be buffed with Mana Shield I guess (a sort of shield generator) to mitigate their low-ish hp.
- A low form of Fortified Armor? Like 1/2?
- Slightly increase their damage/increase their AS/give their basic attack some special component (stacking damage, debuff of some sort, markerlight, etc.)

The possibilities are endless! =D lol!
mr_vespa
mr_vespa
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:03 pm

well, if you use the global ult against a full push.. u get aoe damage and .. lets say 4 summons...
similar to LoC's firestorm, captains summon + nade etc... just on an ultimate scale.

and me and gly had a quick talk during a game and came up with *something* like this

Dawn Blade (toggle)
while on, O'Shova fights with his might dawnblade, dealing no base damage, but destroying x (x being a large number) of armor with each hit, (this was my part ->) dealing y (also being a large number) damage per armor destroyed in this way
(it takes the difference in armor before and after the attack, functioning alot like an attack nuke on the first hit)
some math examples, 4/6/8/10 armor, dealing 50 damage per armor destroyed this way (armor reduced below 0 wont be counted for the damage)

edit: And about the suit's stats... i had just finished doing ahriman's ult's summons' stats... so i was in a frame of mind for a much larger number Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! - Page 2 Icon_razz so the stats i posted can go waaay up.
i like vespa's idea about the manashield and fortified armor...

Battlesuit:
950/1100/1250 hp; 2/3/4 armor (fortified); 290 movespeed;
30-42 (+0/15/30) damage (normal... chaos... hero...); attack cooldown of 2 (+10/20/30%); 500 range
deals 10/15/20 damage per second for 5 seconds (flamer) and deals 1.7/2/2.3x damage to buildings (fusion gun)
has a manashield ability (blocks 5 damage per mana, blocks 70% damage) with 100 base mana and regens 2 per second
might also have a sort of mini-blink/jump skill...

edit: so with gly's permission Razz i propose that we put in the dawnblade skill (yes i think that would make him ranged as a basic hero... but i can live with doing it like this) as his innate? keep the jump/damage skill, keep the summon ult, put in something instead of shield gen, and flesh out For the Greater Good
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_vespa Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:03 pm

LOL! The suits are on 'roids now =p. Though, isn't Chaos Damage better than Hero-type damage, since it deals full damage to *everything*?
mr_vespa
mr_vespa
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:23 pm

so does hero damage Razz actually... hero damage only does 50% damage to buildings... but thats about the only diff

and you have to think, these suits prolly wont even be on the same sides of the map as eachother
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next