A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One

+6
Son007
walt_jabsco
DeusMechanicus
Glycine
Betrayer_kharn
Grass Hopper
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One Empty [Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:07 pm

Story:
stroy

Stats:
strength: 25 + 4
agility: 15 + 1
intelligence: 12 + 1.5

range: melee
movespeed: 280

innate: contagion
Ku'Gath inflicts the target with a virulent disease, dealing 50/60/70/80/90/100 damage per second for 3 seconds. If the target is killed with the buff, it will spread to nearby enemy units.

one: Sickening Dispersion
Releases a waev of noxious gases infront of Ku'Gath, causing all enemies affected by it to become violently sick. Deals 30/45/60/75 damage per second for 5 seconds, and slows by 15/20/25/30% in a wave infront of Ku'Gath.

two: Aid From Beneath
The Plaguefather infuses his powers into the ground, spreading to nearby dead allies, empowering them with Nurgles rot, and reviving them under the Plaguefather's controll. Revives 3/4/5/6 dead units for 10/15/20/25 seconds. Reived units deal 5/10/15/20 damage per second to nearby units, and have a bonus 1/2/3/4 armor

three: Grasp of Nurgle
The Plaguefather is surounded in an aura of disease and death, striking down those who are not strong enough to resist it. every 4 seconds, every unit in a 300/400/500/600 aoe have a 10/15/20/25% to become incapacitated by Ku'Gath's presence for 3 seconds.

ult: Pandemic
Ku'Gath causes a virulent pandemic to errupt from the bodies of enemies in the target area, causing them to become weak. Deals 40 damage per second, reduces armor by 5/6/7 and slows attackspeed by 30/40/50% for 12/16/20 seconds

original suggestion:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One Empty Re: [Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One

Post by Betrayer_kharn Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:15 pm

innate need 5 so 50/100/150/200/250?
gasp of chaos- roots random target every 30 secconds?
aid from beneath- make it like a raise dead stead of jstu summoning marines
hvae it raise 2/3/4/5 nearby enemies/allies to fight for the demon until they die

maybeee =]
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One Empty Re: [Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:34 pm

ok, i keep missing posts XD

ill fix up this concept when i get the time and when i feel in the mood XD
but 30 seconds is too long, i would think that every... say... 5-10 seconds, every target in range has a certain % chance to be rooted...

and yeah, aid from beneath prolly would work better as a raise dead XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Contagion seems quite powerful, so that might need a cooldown.

Dispersion seems fine, slow might be a bit much for a cone-type skill.

Aid is fine. Does it only do creeps or can it do hero summoned creeps as well? Should revived creeps be better or worse? Perhaps they should have disease cloud, since they are...well, dead.

Grasp seems ok. It seems a little overpowering 1 on 1, seeing as they're stunned for 3 seconds every 4 seconds. Perhaps reduce the stun duration or factor in variables that would account for masses of people.

Every 4 seconds, every unit around the Plaguefather in a 300/400/500/600 aoe adds a 5/8/13/20% to become incapacitated by Ku'Gath's presence for 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds. So if there were 10 units around the Plaguefather with level 1 Grasp, he would have a 50% chance to stun one unit around him for 0.5 seconds.

Pandemic is a little powerful, but I guess DoT's need to be due to regen. 480 damage at level 1 is pretty bad. It seems pretty standard for a DoT as well. Spice it up some, since you have Nurgle to play with. How big is the AoE for it?

Ku'Gath causes a virulent pandemic to errupt from the bodies of enemies in the target area, causing them to become weak. Over a duration of 12/16/20 seconds, enemy units will suffer a 20/25/30% loss in attack speed, but gives them a 20/30/40% boost in movement speed. However, the pandemic gnaws away at their bodies even as they feel fresh, doing 1/2/3% of distance moved from the start of the pandemic per tick.

So it would go like this. Assuming someone had a base speed of 300 with level 3 pandemic and they kept moving throughout the entire duration (stupid, aren't they)..

0 + 12.6 + 25.2 + 50.4 + 100.8 + 201.6 + 403.2 + 806.2 and so forth. It's very powerful damage wise, but only if the opponent makes it such. Even if they move a total of 1000 distance, it'll still do a fair amount of damage.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:42 pm

umm... theoretically, wouldnt a pandemic do *more* damage if the infectees stay in the same spot? [Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One Icon_razz

and grasp wouldnt auto hold an enemy in 1v1, its still a % chace per 4 seconds on each unit.

edit: contagion will have a cooldown [Incomplete] Ku'Gath Plague Father - Great Unclean One Icon_razz just not one that ive put in or thought about yet.
dispersion will prolly get numbers reduced Razz

and aid... i might add some sort of buff to the raised units... but i dunno yet
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Different diseases do different things. :O

I see how grasp works now.

Give them Disease Cloud! It makes so much sense. xD Or a resistance to damage, because the dead feel no pain.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:15 pm

well when nurgleth raises dead he imbues them with immense toughness and power but not so much intelligence wise. so i was thinking maybe an armor increas with a disease cloud seeing as how the rot is wht gives minions of nurgleth their godlike toughness meh jsut makes sense fluff wise to me :-P
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:09 pm

Glycine wrote:Different diseases do different things. :O

Grandfather Nurgle's plague is a combination of every ailment known (and not [yet] known, for that matter) to man. And in the TT / fluff it's "Nurgle's Rot" that infects, kills, then raises the unfortunate victim. As seen on that one moon in one of the Horus Heresy books- Nurgle's Rot had infected an entire planetoid, turning it into a giant marsh, then when the Luna Wolves arrived the undead Imperial Guard rose up and fucked them up- that is until Nurgle's conduit on the moon was ended (killed).
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by walt_jabsco Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:35 am

well i like this hero BUT i think this hero concept is the perfect hero for my idea of a caster that uses health instead of mana for moves since he already has beast str and its diseases and stuff i think it would be perfect, on the ult i was thinking mabey instead of a single unit u could have him throw a corpse that would blow up and infect an aoe with a dot slow same kind of effects, also for that summon if u have ever read the space wolves novels they confront a greater demon of nurgle and he summons little snot minions there are hundereds of them that would grab people and hold them so the others could swarm but i like the zombie with rot idea

srry for the wall of text Sleep
ohh almost forgot the origonal point of this post the root aura is cool but i cant tell if it would be balanced prolly gonna need alot of testing
walt_jabsco
walt_jabsco
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:16 am

the ult is already aoe Razz

and he doesnt fit as a swarm hero, more of a DoT tank-beast thing?

and yeah, thats why its every 4 seconds, and only lasts 3 seconds, and then has a % chance on top of it Razz
im hoping itll turn out balanced, but we'll see
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Son007 Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:51 am

Great hero, really nice and skills match up to a common theme. This is what I think some things need to be changed, take what you will.

Grasshopper72 wrote:Sickening Dispersion
Releases a waev of noxious gases infront of Ku'Gath, causing all enemies affected by it to become violently sick. Deals 30/45/60/75 damage per second for 5 seconds, and slows by 15/20/25/30% in a wave infront of Ku'Gath.

This spell is really nice. I would make it a line spell, not a cone. With a cone you'll get more units, which would make this spell really strong by itself.

Grasshopper72 wrote:Aid From Beneath
The Plaguefather infuses his powers into the ground, spreading to nearby dead allies, empowering them with Nurgles rot, and reviving them under the Plaguefather's controll. Revives 3/4/5/6 dead units for 10/15/20/25 seconds. Reived units deal 5/10/15/20 damage per second to nearby units, and have a bonus 1/2/3/4 armor

Ive seen this spell done before... and its kinda op. Thats 6 more units pushing a lane. Each one dealing more damage, and are stronger. You might want to (when they revive) have % less hp, if you can. This way they wont be like a new wave pushing.

Grasshopper72 wrote:Grasp of Nurgle
The Plaguefather is surounded in an aura of disease and death, striking down those who are not strong enough to resist it. every 4 seconds, every unit in a 300/400/500/600 aoe have a 10/15/20/25% to become incapacitated by Ku'Gath's presence for 3 seconds.

Okay, this spell is way op. A 3 second root with a 4 cd is perm root. Yes, yes yes, its a 25% chance to root, but, how many times have you gotten a 25% bash to perm stun? Even with a 1.5 second stun duration. I like the
-Grasp of Chaos (Passive), will randomly root any target in range for 3 seconds, causing 35-70-90-110 damage per second.
idea, but it should root heroes for half the time. Also, reduce the aoe. If this hero is melee make it like 400. Good idea anyways.

Grasshopper72 wrote:Pandemic
Ku'Gath causes a virulent pandemic to errupt from the bodies of enemies in the target area, causing them to become weak. Deals 40 damage per second, reduces armor by 5/6/7 and slows attackspeed by 30/40/50% for 12/16/20 seconds

Again another good spell. The idea posted about it dealing 1/2/3% of the distance moved is a no, if its going to last for 20 or so seconds. If Rupture from DotA is super strong, and it lasts for 9 or so seconds dealing 60% or so moved, 3% over 20 seconds running away from you while you beat them down, is kinda op. Also add the 6 extra units and that hero wont stand a chance between the dot, and distance moved, 6 extra units attacking, the hero, Grasp of Nurgle with its 25% to root, and his other 2 spells it would kill real easy.

Pandemic (Ultimate), (AoE Target), causes a pandemic to erupt from the bodies of the people in the AoE, causing them to take 200-300-400 damage and have a DoT (Damage over Time effect) placed on them for 25-30-35 damage a second for 5 seconds as they try to rid themselves of the pandemic by clawing at their skin.[/quote]

I like this effect, except if its going to be a dot, then change the nuke damage to more dot damage. 100/175/250 then 50/75/100 dps for 5. so (350/500/750 damage) Most of that damage is in the dot (which is the main reason for a dot).

I would like to see this hero completed more and added to Warhammer 40k Galaxy in Flames at some time in the future. Smile

P.S: This hero has high str. Some 121 str at max level. Adding the +20 stats bonus = 141 str, without any items... This hero will have massive hp and damage. You might want to add some skills that uses his hp to spread the disease or something.
Son007
Son007
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:59 am

sickening dispersion: if it was line it would need more range. i like it as a wave, and its really not that bad.

for the summon, yeah i agree... possibly make it 1/2/3/4 summons instead.

grasp: yes, its possible to perma-root... but how many times have you perma bashed with a 25% bash, attacking *once* per 4 seconds?
you have to realise that they have 1 second to move around after their un-rooted, and then they get 1 chance to be re-rooted.
while your bash example, the basher hero attacks *much* more than once per 4 seconds.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Son007 Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Its still op, nonetheless, with a 25% to root every 4 seconds for 3. I think it would be better if it slowed, or planted a dot on the targets. The dot would deal like 15/30/45/60 or 10/20/30/40 dps for 3 seconds.

And yes. If you have a 3 second bash attacking once every 4 seconds, you could just about perm stun. Add some slows, and others units attacking them, will = dead fast.
Son007
Son007
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:38 pm

id have to agree with grass here a 25% to root for 3 secs every 4 secs will hardly end up perma root its a 1/4 chance to get them for 3 secs and then they get 1 sec to get out o become magic immune or anythign else tht would let them resist it be4 its another 1/4 chance to get hit so i hardly think itd be perma root Razz

even cyclic ion blaster (50% to stun) doesnt perma stun and i was using it with asurmen while using bladestorm Razz
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:29 am

umm... cyclic is 10% Razz but w/e

and u generally find 'perma-bashers' are heroes with fast fast attackspeed, able to get off stun-within-stun. that will never happen if you attack once per 4 seconds (which is whats happening)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:48 am

I think you should change the definition of incapacitated. Make it so that the hero is unable to attack or cast spells, but can move around in a limited fashion.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:24 am

right now its either going to be an ensnare or entangling roots...
im thinking ensnare... they can still attack and cast spells, but just not move
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Walder Sat May 08, 2010 4:31 pm

I was wondering where the Great Unclean One was in this game. Razz

Liking how it looks so far. It gets my vote if you want to add it in.
Walder
Walder
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Sat May 08, 2010 6:28 pm

He really doesn't have a choice in the matter. It's getting added in god damn it.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis Sat May 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Lol... I like this guy. Alot... He voted in yet? XD

Though his aoe plague thing might end up pwning creep waves easy
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Walder Sat May 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Mortis wrote:Lol... I like this guy. Alot... He voted in yet? XD

Though his aoe plague thing might end up pwning creep waves easy

You sir, have you heard of a town called Reston?
Walder
Walder
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis Sun May 09, 2010 8:34 am

YEs i have... Though this isnt the time or place to ask that... Why bother quoting if you wont reply to the quote?
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Walder Sun May 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Mortis wrote:YEs i have... Though this isnt the time or place to ask that... Why bother quoting if you wont reply to the quote?

Ah, sorry. You just live very close to me is all. Smile

But yeah, that might just own creeps a bit too fast. Either compensate that for a lack of hero killing abilites, or just tone down the ability, imo.
Walder
Walder
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun May 16, 2010 2:43 am

quick post:

Palanquin of the Plaguefather (Innate): damage that scales in small aoe that represents nurgling attacks. Acts as a toggle that enables him to shift disease effects across all his skills

Nurgling toss: AoE targeting spell with a variety of effects: Range increases: 250/500/750/1000. Throws out whatever amount of Nurglings he has stored onto an area. Each nurgling explodes upon hitting the ground, doing 5/10/15/20 damage per nurgling in an area.

Units in the affected area take a specific debuff/DoT effect, one of which they can only possess and do not stack with Ku'gath's other buffs.

1. Decrepify: Heroes that are hit take 1/1.5/2/2.5x their strength in damage over 30/25/20/15 seconds in a 300 AoE. Creeps take 1/2/3/4% of their life per Nurgling.
  2. "Mind Rot": 1/1.5/2/2.5x their intelligence in damage over the same duration in the same AoE. Damage that they take then burns mana at .5/.6/.7/.8 damage per point of mana burned. (I.e. need to do 400 damage to burn 320 mana)
  3. More to come.

Foul Blessing of Nurgle: Depending on disease chosen, aura that grants:

1. 10/15/20/25% damage reduction to all units at the cost of 10% movement speed.
2. 25/30/35/40% damage return (thorns)

Nurgling Infestation: Spellbook active:
1. (autocast) Summons 2/3/4/5 nurglings per corpse around him with the following stats:

Nurgling:
Health: 50/100/150/200
Mana: 0
Armor: 0/1/2/3 (light)
Attack: 4-6/7-9/10-12/13-15 (piercing)
Ability: Vile Disease (Each attack of a Nurgling applies a 2% MS and AS debuff that stacks with the attacks of other nurglings, but not its own attack.

2. Releases all nurglings into area around him. Nurglings attack Ku'gath's target and generally wander around him. Are non-controllable and have a 5% chance to take all the damage from one attack meant for Ku'gath.

The Palanquin's Broth: (ult) Ku'gath drinks up whatever concoction he's made this time and tests it within himself to see if it is as vile as his own birthright. Removes the effects of the innate for a time, but every skill he has will simultaneously express every single effect granted by his innate. After 20/40/60 seconds of testing the broth,

Last edited by Glycine on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Sun May 16, 2010 5:12 am

We're still working out the smaller details along with the effects of the innate, generally it's going pretty well we believe.
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next