A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad!

+4
Glycine
Xenostalker
Grass Hopper
doomcowgod
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 Empty Re: (Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad!

Post by Fromundaman Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:11 pm

Hmmm... would it be possible to set up the skill choosing system via menu like what EOTA has for character traits?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

(Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad! - Page 2 Empty Re: (Hive Tyrant, now with Biomorphality) - Because I think your ideas are bad!

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:35 pm

im assuming the first time you learn the skill, ur prompted with the list of 4 skills he can take from that section. then the 'chose your skill' skill gets replaced with the skill u chose to level up. that skill then adds more stat gain per level
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:02 pm

that or like they click the click ability pool one and liek when u click to get a normal skill it brings you to a lil menu where your icons should be with the 4 possible choices then you choose one and then eyah it replaces it

as for the leveling of them do they level automatically? or you put another point into it later?
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:03 pm

umm. id assume that when u put more points into (ability pool one) it would level up your selected skill
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:09 pm

haha well i know what we are assuming Razz im asking doom if this is how its working or if it progrexxively levels on its own
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:50 am

How would leveling on it's own works? I mean, you pick one skill in each pool, so would they just level skills randomly, or all skills level?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:59 am

well you could register so if pool on was picked at level one and lets say you have it scale every 4 lvls then u code it so that subsequently
lvl 1 = lvl 1, lvl 5 = lvl 2, lvl 9 = lvl 3, lvl 13 = lvl 4

this is why im asking does it scale or do we choose when to put the point and when as oppposed to it being pre determined.
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:07 pm

orrrr...
event - hero learns skill
condition - learned skill is 'ability pool one'
action - remove ability from unit(ability pool one)
-add ability to unit (picked skill)

then the picked skill is now learnable and levelable up
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:24 pm

yeah thts wht im saying haha i asked if it progressively levels on its own (what i showed) or if the player decides when to level up a skill (what you showed an example of)

thats all im wondering because if its the latter then i agree with it if not then i think it should be the latter Smile
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:52 pm

I agree with both of you on this one.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:26 pm

how we jsut need doom to answer us haha =] or grass can make the ultiamte decision now? either way or question is resolved =]
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:28 pm

im almost 100% certain he meant that once u chose the ability from the pool, u level up that ability like we all agree on

doom wake up! Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:29 am

Now i'm confused, how exactly would you choose what you wanted?
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

http://williamc561993@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 pm

when picked, the tyrant has 4 levelable skills:
"ability pool one" "ability pool two" "ability pool 3" and "ability pool 4"
lets say you level up ability pool one. you are then given a choice of 4 skills frm that abilty pool.
you pick your skill and that chosen skill replaces the "ability pool one" option in your skill list
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynasty Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:10 pm

oh that clears a lot of confusion up

I thought that you picked one pool and those were the skills you level, but i understand now that you pick one skill from each pool to level.
If that is the case which skill set it his ultimate? or does he not have a ultimate?
Dynasty
Dynasty
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:22 pm

pool 4
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:44 pm

so, you only can access abil pool 4, after you reach lvl 6?
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:01 am

correct.

if im getting DCG's descriptions right Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenostalker Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:55 am

doomcowgod wrote:Are you complaining about a hero being complex? If so, GTFO, otherwise, is there a reason you're stating a really obvious fact?

Really? Grow up dude.

---

I think in retrospec it doesn't make sense to have a single completely customizeable hero (based in the 40k universe) while leaving the others alone. I mean, it's Warhammer - there are combinations for every single hero when you get down to it, which in the end would leave every hero with the possibility of having a similar customization of abilities.

I don't know, I don't see it being neccessary to have so much customization for a single hero : / even if it is a great Hive Tyrant.
Xenostalker
Xenostalker
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:56 am

well, theoretically, the nids are the ones that deserve the customizability the most.. cause their well... nids XD
but for the most part i agree - they are getting costomizability based on their fluff, not based on a wc3 setting. (which is also why i disagree with the mlee/ranged switch for heroes)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:29 am

I do have to say that I think this is a stroke of genius. Well done Very Happy
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2