A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

+7
Betrayer_kharn
ChangerOfWays
walt_jabsco
DeusMechanicus
Grass Hopper
Fromundaman
Kiba[dok]
11 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 Empty Re: [Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

Post by Glycine Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Innate:

gives 1/2/3/4/5 bonus to strength, 2/4/6/8/10 armor, and increased ms by 5/10/15/20/25% but renders Thule unable to were armor and leaves systems open allowing a 2/4/6/8/10% chance any time Thule takes 15% max hp for a vehicle effect to happen
50% crew shaken (20% slow for 3 seconds)
20% crew stunned (1 second stun)
15% weapon arm destroyed (loses ~50% damage 20sec)
10% vehicle immobilized (50% slow 20sec)
5% vehicle destroyed! (takes 5x damage from that hit, ignoring the innate damage reduction - if Thule dies to this, he explodes, dealing the damage taken to surrounding units).

Dreadnoughts are not necessarily fast in any regard, so take out the ms. He needs more strength from the innate, though. As for the vehicle effects, I would tone them down and raise the chance of them happening. I would also combine the innate and the ult. Here's my model for the innate:

Gives a 5/10/15/20/25/30 bonus to strength, 2/4/6/8/10/12 bonus to Armor, and 150/250/350/450/550/650 bonus mana. He should still be able to wear suits of armor, though. Any time Thule takes more than 10/12/14/16/18/20% of his maximum health within 1/1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds, there is a 5/10/15/20/25/30% chance for a vehicle effect to happen:
30% crew shaken (10% slow for 3 seconds) --> 9%
30% crew stunned (1 second stun) --> 9%
15% weapon arm destroyed (loses ~20% damage for 10 sec) --> 4.5%
10% vehicle immobilized (20% slow for 10 seconds) --> 3%
5% vehicle destroyed! (takes 5x damage from that hit - if Thule dies to this, he explodes, dealing the damage taken to surrounding units in a 300 AoE) --> 1.5%

Has an active effect as well. When used, gives Thule 5/10/15/20/25/30% extra bonus damage, 15% extra movement speed, and the ability to refresh the cooldowns on his spells at the cost of 3x intelligence for 20 seconds. However, this overload of the dreadnought's systems can cause damage to himself. Roll on the vehicle effect table above at the same percentages when this skill is used. After the duration finishes, apply the vehicle effect (if necessary). For the Vehicle Destroyed, he will instead take 25% health in damage in lieu of the actual attack.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 5 Empty Re: [Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

Post by ZebioLizard Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Second mode: Thule fires the grapple along with other chains out the same range as the first skill, but will grab onto the nearest non-organic object/unit. At the cost of more mana than the first skill, Thule can be pulled at a generally fast speed. Any enemy units in the way will suffer greater damage in this way than the first skill does.

Er.. Dreadnaughts are very fucking heavy, as in, if it grabs onto a tree, that tree is coming back then the other way around. A dreadnaught is not batman in regards to hooks.
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 pm

The planet they're on is also somewhat heavy. I don't plan for his movement to be really, really fast. It's just a way for him, if he hits an unmoveable object, to move through terrain.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:47 pm

im sure the rate at which the hook would be slower than him walking Razz

and the %chance values on your innate are actually lower as they go down Razz
if your checking the first, then the second, then the third etc.

which im assuming you are because the %'s dont toal to 100 Razz

and whats the reasoning for the active effect?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:22 pm

[quote="ZebioLizard"][quote]Second mode: Thule fires the grapple along with other chains out the same range as the first skill, but will grab onto the nearest non-organic object/unit. At the cost of more mana than the first skill, Thule can be pulled at a generally fast speed. Any enemy units in the way will suffer greater damage in this way than the first skill does.[/quote]

Er.. Dreadnaughts are very fucking heavy, as in, if it grabs onto a tree, that tree is coming back then the other way around. A dreadnaught is not batman in regards to hooks.[/quote]
not to be rude but the skill says non-organic and trees are organic
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:26 pm

ummm, im actually with zebio on this one... even if it hits a building/wall etc, it would still pull chunks out of the building instead of pulling the dreadnaught in.
(plus, the dreadnaught's feet would drag at it, unless you propse that the dread is somehow being pulled fast enough so that it doesnt need its feet to be on the ground Razz)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:30 pm

Jetpack assisted flight? xD
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:31 pm

on a dreadnaught? does he have jet engines? XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:29 pm

Instead of pulling the dreadnaught, how about the second function instead fire much longer range, but since it would snap and break off (doing the pushback, but not returning) that he loses a good deal of attack for a bit, since he lost an arm (Debuff) but it'd travel like up to 1200 range.
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Sun May 02, 2010 8:24 am

ooo so more of an anti-run
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Sun May 02, 2010 2:12 pm

Yeah, it'd weaken him if he missed, but if he could hit he'd get the kill xD
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Sun May 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Very Happy if grass says its code-able i like the idea but would it only break if he missed??
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun May 02, 2010 5:52 pm

it would prolly always break.

im thinking he means that he detaches it and launches it towards the target point?
else it would break if it goes past the usual range
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Sun May 02, 2010 6:53 pm

ok thats fine i just wanted to make sure i knew how it was goiong to work
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun May 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Errrrr. It's supposed to drag things in towards the dreadnought. I'm not sure how we went from that to rocket punch, though. >>
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon May 03, 2010 12:01 am

ZebioLizard wrote:Instead of pulling the dreadnaught, how about the second function instead fire much longer range, but since it would snap and break off (doing the pushback, but not returning) that he loses a good deal of attack for a bit, since he lost an arm (Debuff) but it'd travel like up to 1200 range.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon May 03, 2010 12:16 am

Key word is second function. Will it always break on that rocket punch function, or will it retain the original function which was a grab?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Glycine wrote:
Magna-Grapple: Two modes.

First mode: Thule fires the Grapple out 400/500/600/700 range. Any trees in the way of the grapple will be destroyed. Any enemy unit hit by the grapple as it extends is pushed back and suffers damage. Any unit present at the maximum range of the grapple will be grabbed and pulled back to Thule, where they will be held for 0.5/0.75/1.00/1.25 seconds.

Second mode: Thule fires the grapple along with other chains out the same range as the first skill, but will grab onto the nearest non-organic object/unit. At the cost of more mana than the first skill, Thule can be pulled at a generally fast speed. Any enemy units in the way will suffer greater damage in this way than the first skill does.

i think when you said that.
i think he intends to replace your suggested second function with what he said
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 am

i just have 1 question bout this skill how does he get his hand back if it goes flyin Razz
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue May 04, 2010 10:49 am

With a chain. xD

It's not supposed to come off, you know. >> That'd be kind of bad for him.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Tue May 04, 2010 10:52 am

lol that was my point with the new skill the claw would have went flyin and then wat would he do
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Tue May 04, 2010 12:45 pm

Kiba[dok] wrote:lol that was my point with the new skill the claw would have went flyin and then wat would he do

The same way that some characters cut off other peoples arms and yet they still get them back after.
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Tue May 04, 2010 1:28 pm

didnt know people did that
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue May 04, 2010 4:44 pm

harlequin's kiss liquifies the target's insides...
should be an instakill...

*that* kind of 'how does this happen like this in the game, when it does this in fluff'
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Tue May 04, 2010 6:47 pm

thats like a spider
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next