A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

+7
Betrayer_kharn
ChangerOfWays
walt_jabsco
DeusMechanicus
Grass Hopper
Fromundaman
Kiba[dok]
11 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 Empty Re: [Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:52 pm

it was Razz i suggested a change.
and looks good. i dunno how it fits his theme Razz but ok XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 2 Empty Re: [Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:22 pm

wait, i lied... asurmen would have a 0.037% chance of dealing 20x damage Razz

and he needs less staring str, less agi gain, and more int
(hes in a dread, not very manouverable, and hes an intelligent commander)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:31 pm

i understand that but since life support is the only thing keepin him alive i think his int should stay low as the body isnt able to function without it but ill use the lowered str to increase his int to keep his stats in balance
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:32 pm

ummm >.> intelligence wouldnt be measued in physical aspects, so it could be high. it makes senes for his agi to be real low cause of that tho
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:39 pm

i see were u comein from i just thought Tyranid poison effected ur nerve system so his int would be lower but i agree withthe agi and will lower it
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by walt_jabsco Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:28 pm

also arent guys in dreadnots usually a little loopy they think they are in the past and stuff at least chaos dreads think there still duing the heresy it made sence to me kiba
walt_jabsco
walt_jabsco
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Marines put into Dreadnoughts were on the brink of death. Of course taking them from that to melding their minds and bodies with a machine would make them alittle crazy. As for Chaos Dreadnoughts, the reason they're insane is because the coffins they're put into before being plugged into the Dreadnought is pretty much a torture device- and some of them are actually from the Horus Heresy. Dreadnoughts can't die from old age. They live and fight until they're destroyed.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:48 pm

ok... so maby not such of a high int Razz so maby epic str, then below avg. agi and int
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:08 pm

Well, thats kinda true, most chaos space marine dreads are insane, because they dont feel the rush of battle anymore, they more or less watch it like a video game.
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

http://williamc561993@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 am

Dear god... I think we just broke the fourth wall...
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:00 pm

k grass wat bout the increases should i change those?
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:42 pm

what about the fourth wall?

something like 25 + 3.1 str
18 + 1.5 agi
and 14 + 1.6 int

or something
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:42 pm

haha he looks good but i feel a constant 60% damage reduction is a little op :-P
i jstu feel alte game hed be near unstoppable haha XD
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:46 pm

well, realising that its only 60% at level 25... while also giving possibilities to suffer alot of debufs just be getting attacked.
but if the 60% proves to be too strong i can reduce it
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:56 pm

no its 60% soon as the innate is maxed which can be as soon as what liek 10 or 11?

remember what fromu said u cant assume someones going to max an innate last i know if i got 60% damage reduction on top of my armor id probably get his innate and flamer maxed first then i have a nuke and a tremendous ability to take damage
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:14 pm

Grass Hopper wrote:what about the fourth wall?

Breaking the fourth wall is when a character (in a game/comic/book/movie/etc.) knows it's a character in its selected medium.

Someone said that the Dreadnought guys see it go by as though it were a video game... and you know, they are in a video game, hence my comment about breaking the fourth wall.

As for the innate, Kharne does have a point, and if you level just the shield, innate and ulti, you're going to be really really hard to kill for such a low level, BUT you have to keep in mind that with the damage reduction, you have a slightly higher than 1/10 chance of suffering crew damage, with each having the following chance (All rounded up because it's easier to do 10% chance than 12% chance. In reality it's a little more likely than this, but this is a good ballpark estimate.):

1/20 hits give the 3 sec slow.
1/50 hits give the stun.
1/60 hits gives the 50% damage loss until death (or fountain, or 300 sec pass.)
1/100 hits gives the 50% slow till death (or fountain, or 300 sec.)
1/200 hits gives a 5x crit.

Considering every 8-10 hits or so you're going to suffer something, most likely the slow, it's not that bad, especially when you think about how this will stack with orb effects of enemies. On top of that, this include creep and turret attacks, so the attacks will stack kinda fast.
That being said, a 1/200 chance of a 5x crit is a little low... I mean, I know it's supposed to be, but that does seem a little too low.

I wouldn't mind seeing either the crit chance or the chance for -effects to increase slightly, but it could work like this. Playtesting will be the best way to find out though.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:25 am

oh i uhderstand that these ill effects have a chance but really i will glady give a constant 60% dmg reduction on top of my normal armor reduction for a chance to be slowed 20% or stunned for 1 sec (since those two will most likely happen the most)
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:14 pm

Wait... is there a way to make the damage reduction not affect spells? This would, IMO, make it more balanced, since he would tank the hell out of physical damage (with a chance of -effects, which in turn, allow him to be hit with more attacks, which themselves give a chance for - effects, etc.), but don't make him invulnerable since spells would go right through it.

Also, I still think the 5x crit chance could be a bit higher.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:17 pm

Grass Hopper wrote:well, realising that its only 60% at level 25... while also giving possibilities to suffer alot of debufs just be getting attacked.

read that kharn. its a numbers thing.

and the only way to make %dmg reduction affect only psysical is through armor. (so i could add like 5/8/11/14/17/20 armor or someting)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Oh, nevermind then. Guess we'll playtest it and see.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:29 pm

i already gread it grass......

all i said was that its not 60% at jsut 25 so perhaps you should read your own statements and then my responses before telling me to reread something..
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:32 am

also i think a major armor boost would be better cause then he gets the physical reduction but spells still hurt maybe do a lil more spell absorbtion if u really want (like 15% extra so 40% total cause heroes have natural 25% right?)

then it works even better because most psychic powers are either really effective against vehicles or have an extra effect specifically for vehicles
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:41 am

Grass Hopper wrote:well, realising that its only 60% at level 25... while also giving possibilities to suffer alot of debufs just be getting attacked.
ok then lets try this again, because u obviously missed the real intention of that quote (not the lvl 25 part btw)

edit: and for the armor vs dmg reduction.
it really comes down to: would a lightning bolt do less damage to a vehicle then a human? or a spray of daemonic flame?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:54 am

and as i stated a majority of the time psychich powers have really high strs (so penetrate vehicle armor fairly easily e.g. bolt of hcange sitting at s Cool or they have extra effects against vehicles to make them more vulnerable (e.g. eldritch storm turns vehicels in whtever directiong the user wants mainly so you can hit the back of hit freely which has lower armor and therefore makes it more vulnerable)

so you obviously missed the real intention of my statement so lets try it again psychich powers often have extra effects agaisnt vehicles to make them more vulnerable or easily penetrate vehicles because of high strengths. mainly because to us its a lightning bolt yes but in the 40k universe its manipulated warp which has the ability to penetrate vehicle armor.

so i think by increasing green armor we could reflect this well seeign as how he would withsand norma damage well but osychihc powers would be a lil mroe effective (also i already stated you could add a passive % spell reduction)

and btw i got the part of your quote but you obviously misunderstood me this whole time i have been saying 60% to high which is in itself is saying its a numbers thing so not once did i disagree with your point Smile what i did disagree with was your statement that it wont be liek that until 25 because tht is false
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:01 am

well u did say lategame in an earlier post Razz

and yeah, my question is would a 'warp-spawned' lightning bolt hurt a vehicle more than a human?
(what im looking for is examples of psychic powers that do better vs vehicles >.>)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next